Author Topic: Harry and Meghan to step down as senior royals  (Read 16459 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Re: Harry and Meghan to step down as senior royals
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2020, 22:10:47 »
Candid camera is illegal.  The difficulty is in fighting it.  The argument used by the press is one of the public's need to know overrides an individuals right to privacy when said individual is a public figure.  Harry has resigned and wishes to be eliminated from the public eye except for those occasions when family responsibilities bring him back to England or when he signals his intent to make a 'public' appearance.  Given the normal person's attention span, he should be allowed to sit back in about a week.  Give it a month before he can go into a pub

I seriously doubt that.

Like a straggling moose calf, breaking away from the main Royal 'herd' and leaving a country of 60 million for a tiny rural community like North Saanich will likely mean that they will be easier targets than ever to get picked off by the tabloid wolves.
“To stand on the firing parapet and expose yourself to danger; to stand and fight a thousand miles from home when you're all alone and outnumbered and probably beaten; to spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary.”
— Jerry Pournelle —

Offline dapaterson

Halfway to being an idiot-savant.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2020, 22:51:05 »
I think they will be aggressively boring, forcing the press to return to the allegations against the man who doesn't sweat... which will end badly for a former Sea King pilot.
Putting the *** in acerbic.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2020, 10:33:35 »
Now they're getting a real taste for what it's like to be a BC landowner/ settler :)

Royal rumble: Native band claims Harry's B.C. mansion on 'stolen land'

Some of Prince Harry and Meghan’s Markle’s new Vancouver Island neighbours aren’t quite ready to roll out the welcome wagon.
The Tseycum Nation claims the pair’s rented $18-million mansion is built on land “stolen” by British colonizers almost two centuries ago.
“We get no money from the land now, nothing. But for us, it’s just not right houses like that are built there,” Chief Tanya Jimmy told the Sunday Mirror.

https://vancouversun.com/news/national/royal-rumble-native-band-claims-harrys-b-c-mansion-on-stolen-land/wcm/a59f22e4-8921-4a29-b014-71fbe6966170
“To stand on the firing parapet and expose yourself to danger; to stand and fight a thousand miles from home when you're all alone and outnumbered and probably beaten; to spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary.”
— Jerry Pournelle —

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Door Gunnery- The Sport of Kings!
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2020, 13:42:37 »
Uh-huh. Hey, I wonder what the Douglas Treaty says about all this...

Online Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2020, 14:29:26 »
Uh-huh. Hey, I wonder what the Douglas Treaty says about all this...

Well, this is what the Tseycum First Nation has to say about the Douglas Treaty.

https://www.sct-trp.ca/apption/cms/UploadedDocuments/20187003/001-SCT-7003-18-Doc1.pdf
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2020, 00:57:37 »
Well if he gets bored and is reading this, he is more than welcome to inspect our Navy League Corp in North Van who will welcome him (and his wife) with open arms.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2020, 11:39:03 »
Well if he gets bored and is reading this, he is more than welcome to inspect our Navy League Corp in North Van who will welcome him (and his wife) with open arms.

Write the Queen and request a Royal Visit. Seriously. It's a thing.

https://www.royal.uk/contact

Don't specify that you want 'The Duke and Duchess of Such and Such' etc, as they'll put it in the hopper with the rest of their visit plans out this way and you could get any of 'The Firm' dropping in to see the kids.

I used to know one of the guys that managed these things and it's quite the operation. They were always disappointed that more people didn't write in....
— Jerry Pournelle —

Offline BillN

• Rate Post
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2020, 13:13:18 »

Is it still the Hon. Clarence Wallace Corps?  Both my nephews were members of that corps....many years ago.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2020, 13:26:26 »
Is it still the Hon. Clarence Wallace Corps?  Both my nephews were members of that corps....many years ago.

Yes it is, we parade Tuesday nights 6;30 to 9:00pm, drop on by and say hello. Our FB site https://www.facebook.com/NLCC-Honourable-Clarence-Wallace-174880119252848/

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2020, 23:25:53 »
BREAKING: Harry and Meghan have reached out to the Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks for advice on living in Canada without a title.

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Dunphy/status/1223253866139004930

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
— Jerry Pournelle —

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2020, 08:06:32 »
Haryy and Meg are house shopping in LA. She must crave the sun and warmth of LA. Its expensive but they might find something for a few million bucks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/royals/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-are-house-shopping-in-los-angeles/ar-BBZIQwE?ocid=spartanntp

Offline suffolkowner

• Rate Post
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2020, 17:30:22 »
this "article" says that they have 15 full time people in their protection detail. I wonder if that will continue

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/you-wont-believe-how-many-security-officers-prince-harry-meghan-markle-have.html/

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2020, 17:46:06 »
I'm no security expert. But, I imagine they require three details, because they are pretty mobile, and not always together in the same place at the same time.
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2020, 18:02:40 »
this "article" says that they have 15 full time people in their protection detail. I wonder if that will continue

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/you-wont-believe-how-many-security-officers-prince-harry-meghan-markle-have.html/

A week is 168 hours.  That's 21 shifts of 8 hours, or four people full time for a single full time member of the detail If you assume 2-4 at all times (backup and they sometimes go to different places at different time) that averages out to 12 people full time, with 12 left over shifts.  Add in coverage for vacation / illness etc, and 15 full time is not an unreasonable size for round the clock coverage.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2020, 18:08:35 »
Is the security detail RCMP officers?
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2020, 18:35:49 »
Understandable... the weather was pretty nice here last weekend :)

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry allegedly turned down Oscars invitation

Sunday evening's Academy Awards were filled with a year's worth of celebrity sightings -- from Bradley Cooper to Tom Hanks -- but the show's attendees could have also included the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

According to new reports, the royal couple was invited to attend the annual awards show and were even approached by the academy to present the award for Best Picture.

"They were honoured by the request, but declined the invitation," said royal reporter Emily Nash of Hello! Magazine.

The couple's attendance at the Oscars would have been a surprise, but not entirely unusual for the couple, especially given Meghan's Hollywood roots.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2020/02/10/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-allegedly-turned-down-oscars-invitation/23922945/
— Jerry Pournelle —

Offline udtabn

• Rate Post
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2020, 20:45:21 »
not sure how  they both can work in Canada ?  guess they had help with  work permits

Offline Spencer100

• Rate Post
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2020, 12:54:21 »
not sure how  they both can work in Canada ?  guess they had help with  work permits

Well Megan has not been gone too long hers maybe up to date. Or was it employer dependant?

Offline Czech_pivo

• Rate Post
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2020, 13:58:02 »
Well Megan has not been gone too long hers maybe up to date. Or was it employer dependant?

She very well may have had Landed Immigrant status prior to her marriage.

Offline CloudCover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2020, 14:12:48 »
These two will be just fine. They will be in the category of self employed business owners, who will create net jobs for others in Canada.
I will be interested to learn when or if they need a hospital, will they take a slab and bring their own pillow in the hallway like the rest of us, or will they check in to a 6 star hospital in LA.
These could be some interesting updates on SussexRoyal Instagram or Twitter:
- “We’re on the waiting list for a day family doctor”
- “Awaiting our MyCRA token in the mail”
- “Applied for B.C. Services card”
- “Go Leafs(?)”
- “What does “Givener” mean?”
Etc.
... Move!! ...

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2020, 17:41:02 »
Canada to cease security funding for Harry and Meghan

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/canada-cease-security-funding-harry-meghan-n1144381

"The assistance will cease in the coming weeks, in keeping with their change in status," the office of Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 18:24:11 by mariomike »
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER

Offline Spencer100

• Rate Post
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:20:13 by Spencer100 »