Author Topic: The Depression / Anti Depressants Merged Thread  (Read 294240 times)

Offline ArmyDoc

• Rate Post
Re: The Depression / Anti Depressants Merged Thread
« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2016, 21:42:17 »
Have your family physician fill out the form. If s/he feels it is required, they can mention the period in question or include the pediatricians comments.

Offline ETrump

• Rate Post
« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2016, 20:39:51 »
Have your family physician fill out the form. If s/he feels it is required, they can mention the period in question or include the pediatricians comments.

Thank you for your response. My doctor said he will include the pediatricians comments (which weren't great). Would my doctor's current evaluation on me typically be the most important information to the medical officer?

Offline Kittles85

• Rate Post
« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2017, 12:33:35 »
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has been accepted that was on anti depressants during their recruiting process..
I have been on and off of small doses of cipralex for anxiety for 10 years. I have weened off my medication completely last month and my doctor filled out on the form that I don't require follow up and that my anxiety has a very low chance of recurring.
My medical documents were sent to Ottawa Oct 2. I am preparing myself for being medically rejected but if I could just find one person that had been accepted while either on medication or off recently after they applied that would give Me a little bit of hope. I have spent weeks reading these forums and have yet to hear of a person approved for enrollment under these circumstances, without an appeal.
Thanks!

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2017, 13:30:38 »
Welcome to Army.ca, Kittles85

Firstly, thanks for doing your homework here prior to asking. I appreciate that, as so few first-time posters do.

Your doctor's competence to state that your "anxiety has a very low chance of recurring" in a military environment, with its rather unusual stresses, is highly unlikely. Suicide as a result of Operational Stress Injuries is far too frequent.

Finding "just one person" is irrelevant. Medical assessments are specific to individuals. You will have to wait for your results - but you already appear to understand the odds.

I wish you luck.