Author Topic: Masks  (Read 2869 times)

stellarpanther

Re: Masks
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2020, 18:59:49 »
You can't impose your health considerations on someone else. That is the hand you have been dealt; you can either minimize your risk by not going out, or accept that the rest of the world has rights as well.

Whether someone has an underlying health condition or not, nobody has a right to jeopardize another persons health because they are too ignorant to wear a mask.  When it comes to the mask issue, I am following the guidance of health experts and not forming my own uneducated medical opinion as to whether they are important or not to wear.  Health experts believe they are so that's what I believe.  I believe it's completely disrespectful and selfish for someone not to wear one in public.  I can understand the rights I have regarding a person to wanting to breath healthy air but I can't find anything about someone not wearing a mask because they don't want to.  I'm not talking about someone who can't for a health reason but those minimal.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 19:03:32 by stellarpanther »

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2020, 19:24:48 »
You can't impose your health considerations on someone else. That is the hand you have been dealt; you can either minimize your risk by not going out, or accept that the rest of the world has rights as well.

I'll wear a mask in stores since I need to in order to get service but not out and about in public.

There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Kilted

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2020, 20:53:26 »
I'm surprised that the military has thrown more of their own method in to this. Although I know of one base wear you are basically always wearing them outside like they are a second headdress. I'm waiting for MASKFORGEN when they come up with rules for which colour mask you wear in which order of dress. Cadpat for combats, masks that match the headdress for deu/cerimonial, and scarlet (or regimental equivalent) for mess dress.

Offline dapaterson

Halfway to being an idiot-savant.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2020, 20:58:31 »
I'm surprised that the military has thrown more of their own method in to this. Although I know of one base wear you are basically always wearing them outside like they are a second headdress. I'm waiting for MASKFORGEN when they come up with rules for which colour mask you wear in which order of dress. Cadpat for combats, masks that match the headdress for deu/cerimonial, and scarlet (or regimental equivalent) for mess dress.

RCN (officer) mess dress masks will have gold trim in line with rank, and the executive curl.

Army mess dress masks will be scarlet with branch / regimental facings, which you will have to buy at a modest 1,000% markup from the kitshop.

RCAF mess dress masks will have callsigns embroidered on them.

Putting the *** in acerbic.

stellarpanther

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 21:16:18 »

They've actually started discussing that already.  With DEU's it will be a black mask, I've also seen some people get issued the CADPAT masks and I've seen a grey type mask already.  What I've heard is they want toned down darker colours, no patterns, cartoons or sports team masks.  I heard from a couple people that they are wearing the masks constantly while working and can take it off when they go for a break outside or on lunch when not near other people.  This is from people at a couple different bases.  A lot of people are still not back to work and are working from home so they only need a mask when they come in for meets and to pickup new work.  Some expect the working from home to continue happening for a while.

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2020, 01:25:25 »
We have CADPAT issued masks and green or grey issued SA neck gaiters.   I wear the neck gaiter as it is far easier to don/doff depending on what room/stairwell I am in at work.

Out in public buildings like the grocery store, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, I wear my civvie style neck gaiter/scarf.   I wear it to set an example for everyone else - I understand that the mask doesn’t protect me, I’m doing it for altruistic reasons to protect everyone “in case” I have COVID.   I will routinely go through an entire store and not see anyone else wearing a mask - this is why we haven’t beaten this disease - simple crap people, wear a damn mask - you don’t need to wait until it is legislated.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Living the staff life
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2020, 08:45:08 »
RCAF mess dress masks will have callsigns embroidered on them.

Ok, so how about the other 98% of the RCAF who aren't fighter pilots or air weapons controllers?   :nod:
“If you run into an a-hole in the morning, you ran into an a-hole. If you run into a-holes all day, you're the a-hole.”

- Raylan Givens, Justified (cleaned up for content)

Offline dapaterson

Halfway to being an idiot-savant.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2020, 08:55:30 »
Ok, so how about the other 98% of the RCAF who aren't fighter pilots or air weapons controllers?   :nod:

According to the fighter pilots and AWCs...  say what?
Putting the *** in acerbic.