Author Topic: Venezuela's foreign minister says Canada causing his country's collapse to 'take  (Read 1100 times)

Offline shawn5o

• Rate Post
  • "We have met the enemy and he is us!" Pogo
 ???

Venezuela's foreign minister says Canada causing his country's collapse to 'take control' of its wealth
'Canada has been in the centre of these events and this means that they want to create the conditions in order to attack Venezuela, to invade Venezuela'

Ryan Tumilty
Aug 21, 2020  •  Last Updated 20 hours ago  •  3 minute read

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/venezuelas-foreign-minister-says-canada-causing-his-countrys-collapse-to-take-control-of-its-wealth/wcm/929bf2ca-e31d-4cda-987e-224e9025fad8/

OTTAWA — Venezuela is staggering in the face of a years-long power struggle, food shortages, hyper-inflation and an exodus of its citizens.
The country’s foreign minister says, Blame Canada.

LINK
“We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.” ― Will Rogers

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
It's always the nice guy that is secretly evil  8)

Offline FJAG

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • Google Sites Wolf Riedel
'Canada has been in the centre of these events and this means that they want to create the conditions in order to attack Venezuela, to invade Venezuela'

I think that they'd be able to take us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_Army#Organization

;D
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" and "Mark Winters, CID" book series at:
https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WolfRiedelAuthor/

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
I think that they'd be able to take us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_Army#Organization

;D

They forgot one fact that eliminates the threat, we have no way to get any meaningful military force there.
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
They forgot one fact that eliminates the threat, we have no way to get any meaningful military force there.

Well, in that case, wholesome Canada can offer to host the conflict ... in Alberta ... in February.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Well, in that case, wholesome Canada can offer to host the conflict ... in Alberta ... in February.

I feel like that's as bad as invading russia I'm winter. Have you been to Suffield in February? They will be begging for surrender within hours.
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
I feel like that's as bad as invading russia I'm winter. Have you been to Suffield in February? They will be begging for surrender within hours.

If we schedule it right, we can do it on the university break using student Reservists and without putting too heavy a demand on the Reg Force.

Offline Donald H

• Rate Post
???

Venezuela's foreign minister says Canada causing his country's collapse to 'take control' of its wealth

Ryan Tumilty
Aug 21, 2020  •  Last Updated 20 hours ago  •  3 minute read

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/venezuelas-foreign-minister-says-canada-causing-his-countrys-collapse-to-take-control-of-its-wealth/wcm/929bf2ca-e31d-4cda-987e-224e9025fad8/

OTTAWA — Venezuela is staggering in the face of a years-long power struggle, food shortages, hyper-inflation and an exodus of its citizens.
The country’s foreign minister says, Blame Canada.

LINK

A good topic for a meaningful discussion Shawn. Do you think that any Western powers are going to invade Venezuela in the future. I think that is prohibitive, due to Russia's and China's interests there, and that goes for Cuba too.

On a less serious note and more in tune with the comments here so far: Perhaps the US/Canada would be willing to trade off their interests in S.Korea for Russia's/China's interests in Venezuela.

Seriously, the US/China/Russia are all very aware of the Cold War atmosphere that is brewing. In that respect I'm suggesting that the 21st. century will see most small countries falling under the protection of large nuclear powers, as has been the case with Israel for many years now. Do you, as this pertains to Venezuela? I think that if that's not the case then the US would have whacked tiny Venezuela with a big stick by now.
It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.
~Mark Twain.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Of course we are. At the rate we're spending we need alternate income streams.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline shawn5o

• Rate Post
A good topic for a meaningful discussion Shawn. Do you think that any Western powers are going to invade Venezuela in the future. I think that is prohibitive, due to Russia's and China's interests there, and that goes for Cuba too.

On a less serious note and more in tune with the comments here so far: Perhaps the US/Canada would be willing to trade off their interests in S.Korea for Russia's/China's interests in Venezuela.

Seriously, the US/China/Russia are all very aware of the Cold War atmosphere that is brewing. In that respect I'm suggesting that the 21st. century will see most small countries falling under the protection of large nuclear powers, as has been the case with Israel for many years now. Do you, as this pertains to Venezuela? I think that if that's not the case then the US would have whacked tiny Venezuela with a big stick by now.

I don't know Don.

What I do know is that Venezuela is larger than Grenada  ;)
“We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.” ― Will Rogers

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
If we schedule it right, we can do it on the university break using student Reservists and without putting too heavy a demand on the Reg Force.

Will there be a resultant medal?  SAVs? TAVs?
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Offline shawn5o

• Rate Post
Will there be a resultant medal?  SAVs? TAVs?

And promotions?  ;)

Offline uncle-midget-Oddball

Back to work in one week... Finally.

• Rate Post
  • Why dont you knock it off with them negative waves
Send down a couple cruise ships and the rest of their navy will finish themselves off by ramming them (again).
What are you doing?

I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know.

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
This is what happens when you do drugs folks.

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.