Author Topic: Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)  (Read 217610 times)

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)
« Reply #500 on: May 12, 2019, 09:46:47 »
I do not want my wife to jeopardize her job there.

I'm sure some will promptly explain the Rules.

But, when it comes to your full-time meal ticket, my three words of advice would be: Don't make waves.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #501 on: May 12, 2019, 09:47:39 »
Hello,

I have another case. My wife works in a company that sells stuff. Not for public retails but for contractors. Her boss the Location Manager, is apparently a CIC Officer. I believe he is the CO or XO of his unit. The thing is, during the day of the week where he has cadets in the evening he just wears his uniform to the office. So there he is, talking to clients or doing staff meeting in his day job wearing his no. 3B or 3C.

Is that in any way appropriate? I really do not want to mind anybody's business and I do not want my wife to jeopardize her job there.

IMHO it is wrong and that person is just lazy...
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #502 on: May 12, 2019, 09:51:33 »
No, it is not appropriate.

Chap 2, Sect 1, para 35:

"Reserve Force (Class C excluded). Members of the Reserve Force shall not wear a uniform except when:

on duty, or proceeding to or from their place of duty;
    attending a military function or ceremony at which the wearing of uniform is appropriate."

As the CIC is a sub component of the Reserves, the above rules would apply. Note the word shall; as in not optional. Further, considering that when wearing the uniform, Reserve members are subject to the Code of Service Discipline, this member has exposed himself to potential liability under Sect 83 of the NDA, if not more. A Reserve member does not have to be on duty to be subject to the CSD.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:56:38 by ModlrMike »
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline Gunplumber

• Rate Post
« Reply #503 on: May 12, 2019, 10:41:53 »
Just print out the regulation and leave it taped to the office door when he's not around. Or notify the cadet headquarters and I'm sure it will work its way down.
Soldiers usually win the battles and generals get the credit for them.
- Napoleon Bonaparte