Author Topic: Please don‘t hate my country!  (Read 17552 times)

sarsteve

Re: Please don‘t hate my country!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2003, 14:16:00 »
It would appear that friend Bill either hasn‘t read any of the responses, or has completely failed to understand them. By the way Bill, I have 2 nephews currently serving with the USMC in Iraq.

Evan

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2003, 22:20:00 »
first of all im a very proud canadain, wiling to die the most bloody of deaths for her.
Im also a american(whose living in hawaii)i may disagree on a lot of their/our policese, but if i came across a Canadain blaming the U.S for all the f_ing problems in the world then i‘d be on their ***    :fifty:

Evan

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2003, 22:23:00 »
i am pretty pissed of at the american media though

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2003, 23:41:00 »
But you guys ARE the problem, were just too polite to tell you.
AND a little scared too   :blotto:
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline ~RoKo~

• Living the dream. I think...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Personal Text:
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2003, 23:55:00 »
We don‘t want them to impose a US-backed regeime change here in Canada..  :)

Anderson56

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2003, 00:32:00 »
Hey Gunnar - right on the mark.  I mean really, watch "Talking to Americans" some time.  You go to Washington, ask some questions about Canada and then laugh at the guys who don‘t know the answers.  

He**, if you went to downtown Peterborough, I bet you‘d get some answers just as stupid as they get in Washington.

And yes, I am sure I am exaggerating about that last point, but but if you went to downtown Ottawa and asked questions about Mexico, you‘d have a million Sonorans split a gut on Tuesday night when it aired down there.

As to anti-Americanism, it might be useful for us to face it.  It‘s a mile wide throughout Canadian society.  I think I am pretty much more accepting of American policy than most Canadians, yet, I have to admit I kinda liked seeing Denmark dump Team USA at the world hockey championship (heh, heh, heh).  Anti americanism is our dirty little secret and I think if we just admitted it, we could get a lot of it out of our system and get on with being adults on the international stage.

How‘s that for mixing metaphors.