Author Topic: Best Allies?  (Read 3888 times)

MAJOR_Baker

Best Allies?
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:27:00 »
I am currently at Point Loma, Naval Base, San Diego for an Acquisition course.  Gotta tell you I like the area, however, I don‘t think the food produced in the Galley was all that great.

Anyway, this morning I was having breakfast when I saw quite a sight.  I recognized them from a mile away....that old uburban legend, wear a CDN flag on your backback so the locals will know you are not American    :blotto:  , anyway I guess it  comes in handy sometimes!   So, there is a CDN Navy LT and a LCDR (I am going by US abbreviations) and after they sit down next to me I ask, "so how are our best allies?)  He answers back, "oh, the Brits, they aren‘t here!)     :p     I thought it was great, everyone around me did as well.

Offline Dano

• Rate Post
    • Star trek fan club
Re: Best Allies?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 10:17:00 »
Haha. Sounds familiar.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Offline Yeoman

• I have to wear pants?!?
  • Rate Post
  • land of misfit toys
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 11:41:00 »
haha the brits.
but I don‘t know, you yanks sure do got some shiny kit that I want to nick off of you.
I remember seeing a US Air Force Lt-Col. in downtown Toronto once, I had a pint with him, never learnt what he did though. but still a neato guy
Greg
Be normal and the crowd accepts you, be deranged and they will make you their leader.

Offline RECON-MAN

• Rate Post
  • Zipperhead
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 01:34:00 »
Have a beer with them. and they be your best allies
Nobody respect's a country with a poor army, but everbody respect's a country with a good army.I raise my toast to the Finnish army.
                                                          Stalin 1948

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 07:02:00 »
So true RECON-MAN...so true

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Spr.Earl

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Grizzled Old Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 21:31:00 »
Originally posted by S_Baker:
[qb] I am currently at Point Loma, Naval Base, San Diego for an Acquisition course.  Gotta tell you I like the area, however, I don‘t think the food produced in the Galley was all that great.

Anyway, this morning I was having breakfast when I saw quite a sight.  I recognized them from a mile away....that old uburban legend, wear a CDN flag on your backback so the locals will know you are not American     :blotto:   , anyway I guess it  comes in handy sometimes!   So, there is a CDN Navy LT and a LCDR (I am going by US abbreviations) and after they sit down next to me I ask, "so how are our best allies?)  He answers back, "oh, the Brits, they aren‘t here!)      :p      I thought it was great, everyone around me did as well. [/qb]
Sherwood that remind‘s my of a story about when the Royal Navy and the U.S. Navy were having a mid Atlantic Ex.

On contact the U.S. vessel signaled to the R.N. ship;How‘s the second largest Navy doing?
Retort was;How‘s the second best doing?

Aint sarcasim great!!
THE PRECEDING POST AND OTHERS MADE BY MYSELF ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS, NOT FOR REPRODUCTION, NOT FOR CUT AND PASTE OF ANY PORTION THEREOF, NO QUOTES ARE PERMITTED ELSEWHERE,ANYWHERE OTHER THAN EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS WEB FORUM.

UBIQUE
Be Safe