Author Topic: A Right Website  (Read 6145 times)

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
A Right Website
« on: February 08, 2004, 10:10:00 »
I found a website I find interesting at www.protestwarrior.com  I think some of you will find the posters execptionally good. [Sherwood,Muskrat, etc.] I‘ve already printed the France one. [you‘ll see]  CHEERS
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
Re: A Right Website
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 10:38:00 »
Originally posted by Bruce Monkhouse:
[qb] I found a website I find interesting at www.protestwarrior.com  I think some of you will find the posters execptionally good. [Sherwood,Muskrat, etc.] I‘ve already printed the France one. [you‘ll see]  CHEERS [/qb]
Rather far to the right... some of the content is clearly racist, much of the rest is questionably racist... some of the rest does make sense though. Over all, not a very positive site...

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 10:44:00 »
Here‘s an interesting one...

http://www.protestwarrior.com/poster_sets/western_civ.pdf

I don‘t believe any of that was developed by western civilization... the only one that was POSSIBLY developed by western civilization was the computer, and that‘s debatable, depending on how you define computer, some interpretions put the abacus down as the first computer, and the chinese developed that.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 10:57:00 »
Just a Sig Op, I agree some of the stuff does go too far, but some is‘nt. Give and take. I must admit I only checked out their forum part after I posted the website. Now THAT is blatently racist and scary.  CHEERS
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline muskrat89

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Desert Rat
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 11:00:00 »
Rather far to the right  
I think it‘s pretty safe to say that some of you visit sites that are pretty far to the left...that‘s the beauty of a free society    :)  

Thanks Bruce, some of it is definitely interesting
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 11:20:00 »
Originally posted by muskrat89:
[qb]  
Rather far to the right  
I think it‘s pretty safe to say that some of you visit sites that are pretty far to the left...that‘s the beauty of a free society     :)  

Thanks Bruce, some of it is definitely interesting [/qb]
Well that is entertainment!  

It is refreshing in a way to see these views.  Had a quick look into their forum and recognized a poster or two.  May provide and interesting read or discussion for some.

GW
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 11:43:00 »
Originally posted by muskrat89:
[QB]  
Rather far to the right  
I think it‘s pretty safe to say that some of you visit sites that are pretty far to the left...that‘s the beauty of a free society     :)  
[QB]
Nothing wrong with right wing views, that‘s free speech.

It‘s the racisim, and blatent misinformation that bothers me.

Offline muskrat89

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Desert Rat
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2004, 11:56:00 »
It‘s the racisim, and blatent misinformation that bothers me.  
Of course, you‘d NEVER find that, on a left wing site. If it‘s offensive to you, don‘t go there. I don‘t go to the KKK site, nor the Black Panther site. Granted I haven‘t studied this site, but on my first cruise through, didn‘t see anything overtly racist.
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Offline ~RoKo~

• Living the dream. I think...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Personal Text:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 12:42:00 »
I don‘t believe any of that was developed by western civilization... the only one that was POSSIBLY developed by western civilization was the computer, and that‘s debatable, depending on how you define computer, some interpretions put the abacus down as the first computer, and the chinese developed that
Yeah, it‘s not like the west truley harnessed electricity, or invented the transistor or anything. Nor did they revolutionize transportation with the invention of the airplane. And that moon thing? Some hollywood sound stage.

Just thought I‘d point out that EVERYTHING is up to interpretation.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 14:00:00 »
Muskrat - I didn‘t say it was racist or wrong because it was right wing, it‘s racist because it‘s racist, you can have left wing racists as much as you can have right wing racists.

There‘s a very clear racist bias against Muslims on the website.

Korus -

The Russians were the first into space. Note please Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin.

Transportation began with the first domestication of pack animals. (You‘ll forgive me, it‘s been a while since introductory anthropology, but I believe it was middle eastern).

As to electricity, the earliest verified remains of a functional battery were also found in the middle east.

The computer can more or less be attributed to the west, either to the United States for Eniac, or to the Germans at the same period, though I can‘t recall what their‘s was called. There were a variety of automatic logic devices built long before those though, an example being "Napier‘s Bones" [Which was a French invention, again a western society].

Offline CheersShag

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • My mom says I'm cool
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 14:25:00 »
Interesting.

Cuneiform? Not literacy?
Hammurabi? Code of law.

Not to detract, obviously western civ developed or had a role in developing these.
But just because western civ developed things such as philosophy, doesn‘t mean that the rest of the world didn‘t contribute, perfect or preserve these things.
I would say for the most part, the technology can solely be placed in the West (with minor exceptions and arguments) but the origin philosophy,  etc. is open to debate.

Other then that, i‘ll refrain.

Offline ~RoKo~

• Living the dream. I think...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Personal Text:
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 14:43:00 »
Just a Sig Op: Re-read my post, and you will see that I did not say that the US was the first into space, nor did I say that the west invented electricity (I said that they where the first to truley harness it, i.e. bring it into mainstream use. The first batteries in the Egypt did little more than provide some power to do electrolytic plating). Nor did I say that the west created transportation. (Who did create transportation? I think people have been carrying things for a long time)

What I *DID* say is that the west provided big contributions to all of those things. no single region/country alone can really take credit for any of those things as we see them today.

I didn‘t see anything in that poster saying that the west invented those things, either. But I do know the west did greatly add to a lot of those things.

And, I say again. Everything is up for iterpretation. You clearly missed my point of that above post.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 16:52:00 »
Originally posted by Korus:
[qb] And, I say again. Everything is up for iterpretation. You clearly missed my point of that above post. [/qb]
Clearly I did if that‘s the case, that being said, the poster seems to infer that the west is responsible solely for these things...

Offline Infanteer

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • Honey Badger FTW!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2004, 00:00:00 »
I found the protest warrior website to be a little too right for my liking.  They seemed to be more a group of ****-disturbers than a group offering anything valid to political discourse (which makes them no better than left-wing ****-disturbing protestors.)

I found this site alot better; he seems to agree with the motive of the protest warriors, if not the exact message.

http://brain-terminal.com/
"Overall it appears that much of the apparent complexity of modern war stems in practice from the self-imposed complexity of modern HQs" LCol J.P. Storr

Offline Zell_Dietrich

• Rate Post
  • I’ve earned every scar I have by surviving.
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 09:10:23 »
It seems ... interesting...  Kinda a Mad Magazine meets Rush Limbaugh...

http://www.cafepress.com/rightwingstuff/133386   <-- Now that's a real right wing website!

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/moredetails.aspx?showBleed=false&ProductNo=54368900&colorNo=0&pr=F  Is my standby favorite.
“Men regard it as their right to return evil for evil and, if they cannot, feel they have lost their liberty” -  Aristotle

(If you feel forced to return evil with evil,  how much liberty do you have?)

Offline Redeye

Living The Afghan National Army Dream...

• Banned
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Hope Is Not A Method
    • The Unofficial Website of the Hastings & Prince Edward Regiment
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 10:06:53 »
Zell, way to revive a four-year-old thread!
Palma Non Sine Pulvere - Nothing Worth Having Comes Easily!