Author Topic: Issue Small Pack - Any reviews?  (Read 18173 times)

Offline HollywoodHitman

• "We're surrounded......Thats simplifies the problem" - Chesty Puller, USMC
  • Rate Post
  • Don't mistake aging for maturing
Re: Issue Small Pack - Any reviews?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2004, 22:01:55 »
Sorry, I should have clarified. The pack that roto 13/14 had. It was garbage. They had us hand them back on out clearance from VK and I was happy to be rid of it. I am eagerly awaiting the new issued small pack.
"There is no charge for awesomeness....Or Attractiveness."
                  -Kung Fu Panda

Offline pbi

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2004, 05:04:24 »
Sorry, I should have clarified. The pack that roto 13/14 had. It was garbage. They had us hand them back on out clearance from VK and I was happy to be rid of it. I am eagerly awaiting the new issued small pack.

I just got issued one. Now, we do actually need to hear from the real soldiers, but as a briefcase commando who has spent a bit of time in the mud (albeit a few years back-I can recall overhead fire by catapults....), it looks and acts like a good piece of kit to me. It has a good amount of space inside, several blister pouches that you can add on in different spots,(including one that I have experimented with as a buttpack on the TV)  lots of straps for securing/adding additional items, an inside water resistant pouch, nicely padded shoulder straps and a chest strap and waistbelt. What do other users think? Cheers.
The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools. ...

The true measure of a man is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out...

Offline HollywoodHitman

• "We're surrounded......Thats simplifies the problem" - Chesty Puller, USMC
  • Rate Post
  • Don't mistake aging for maturing
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2004, 11:48:07 »
PBI,

Sounds like the pack you have is modular. The one I was issued in Bosnia I believe was the 'interim' pack to be given to the troops until the new small pack was released. I can't speak for the new issued pack, but I can certainly say that IMO the interim pack was / is garbage for anything resembling field use.

TM
"There is no charge for awesomeness....Or Attractiveness."
                  -Kung Fu Panda

Offline soldiers301

• Rate Post
  • Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2004, 16:03:22 »
Yeah I have the Avenger pack and this is crap ! This is not made for Military use.
Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War

Offline pbi

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 04:21:07 »
Yeah I have the Avenger pack and this is crap ! This is not made for Military use.

Yes-by all accounts it was crap, but I really think that this latest one is a keeper. Waiting to hear from other users who have carried loads for any distance under op conditions. Cheers.
The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools. ...

The true measure of a man is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out...

Offline Redeye

Living The Afghan National Army Dream...

• Banned
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Hope Is Not A Method
    • The Unofficial Website of the Hastings & Prince Edward Regiment
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 13:43:22 »
Does anyone happen to know what the timeline to issue all the Small Packs is?  According to the manufacturer, the production run is supposed to wrap up in December, but how long before the PRes gets it?  I just sucked it up and bought a nuke bag in the interim, since I figure it's going to be a while (like always)...
Palma Non Sine Pulvere - Nothing Worth Having Comes Easily!