Author Topic: Medal Mounting  (Read 58544 times)

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
Re: Medal Mounting
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 21:19:13 »
Try this thread at the British Medal Forum (You may have to register to see the thread.)

HOW TO COURT MOUNT MEDALS - STEP BY STEP GUIDE

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 19:01:48 »
If your an airsofter or something then I don't know, try them youself? Mount them with a staple gun?

If your actually a (Canadian) soldier then  you can hand them into your QM and get them done for free or take them to a professional dude to do up for you.  I go to a great guy in kingston.  I strongly recomend going to  a professional  guy and getting them done. When I had he CF do mine (through QM) for me they came back and I thought it was a joke. They did horrible work and I paid out of my pocket to have them redone.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 02:47:04 »

Here are some instructions from an Aussie medal company, but they also suggest that you have a professional do it.
http://www.heritagemedals.com.au/index.php?main_page=infopages&pages_id=10
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline Habitant

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 21:10:48 »
It' really not expensive.. I got mine done at http://www.williamscully.ca/ - you can mail them there and they'll do quickly and send them right back.

It really isn't expensive... really... I was too lazy to claim it even... It was not something I would want to botch myslelf...
Lead by example.

Offline BYT Driver

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 21:17:53 »
One.  I'd like to know what rank you are?  Your profile shows you as an OC.  What is that?
Two.  What medals do you have?  As an OC?
Three.  Take them your base QM / Clothing stores and have them mounted for free. Or
Four.  Take them to your local base museum and have them mounted for about $7.00 each.
Cheers, BYTD    :army:

Offline Laps

• Rate Post
  • TacHel Driver
Medal Mounting in Edmonton
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 00:20:40 »
Well, base clothing doesn't do medals anymore, the good WO Ulrich is apparently away for a while, I have no time to go listen (or be lectured?) by Mr Gunther Stahr at his residence... what are my options to get my medals mounted and to get miniatures (looking for quality work).

Offline Wookilar

• Rate Post
  • Insert deep thought.....
Re: Medal Mounting in Edmonton
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 09:50:55 »
1 VP kitshop did all of mine, very pleased with the job they had done (I don't know if they still do it in-house or farm them out).

Wook
Why are there swamps on top of hills?

Offline cheeky_monkey

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 10:27:17 »
Gunther Stahr at his residence...

IIRC he and his business partner Bill (don't remember the last name) work out of St Albert. I had no problems getting my medal and a friend of mine's done, both within 5 business days. Don't really know about the stories though...
Verité, Devoir, Vaillance

Offline Grunt_031

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian WFE Tech
    • Defence Medals
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 10:55:39 »
I have a business that mounts medals in Edmonton. Turn around is 7 Days. You can see my work in my gallery on my website at www.defencemedals.ca or link thru one of my ads on this site.

I also work on the base so can meet up for drop off or pick up or meet at another spot of your choosing.

My email is defencemedalscanada@shaw.ca

Offline military granny

it\'s May 12 and it\'s snowing what the ?

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 10:09:56 »
Gunther Stahr's business partner is a long time member at the St. Albert Legion. Bill Dickson will pick up and drop off your medals here at the Legion if it's easier.
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally
worn out, shouting..Holy crap!! What a Ride!!"

Offline Nester

• Rate Post
Medal Mounting - Central Alberta - Who can do it?
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 16:59:02 »
Medal Mounting - Central Alberta -  Who can do it?

Online Larry Strong

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • 546 days from 0 to being King of the Castle
Re: Medal Mounting - Central Alberta - Who can do it?
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 18:00:30 »
Museum of the Regiment's in Calgary.....

Larry
Proud sponsor of the Maple Leaf Legacy Project. http://www.mapleleaflegacy.ca

Offline Nester

• Rate Post
Re: Medal Mounting - Central Alberta - Who can do it?
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2013, 15:15:46 »
Thanks. 

I forgot about them   :cheers:

Offline Countyboy

• Rate Post
Medal Mounting @CFB TRENTON
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 13:40:45 »
By far the best medal mounting! He can do anything! make it look great too! very reasonable for a price too!  :cdn:  :army:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-services/trenton-on/pro-court-mounting/495122889

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5240.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Re: Medal Mounting @CFB TRENTON
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 18:03:25 »
By far the best medal mounting! He can do anything! make it look great too! very reasonable for a price too!  :cdn:  :army:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-services/trenton-on/pro-court-mounting/495122889

What's your experience with court mounting? Good buddy of yours? Medal mounting is not *rocket appliances*. You haven't even joined the Reserves yet.

And what's with the avatar? Did you get a jump course as a Cadet? Hard to tell because of your bare profile.

* Rickyism
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline Countyboy

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 18:42:42 »
He mounted my 2 cadet medals and ribbons, He also mounted my grandfathers korean war medals. He is an adult. Yes i was in cadets but not any more, i am only interested in reserves i am looking more full time at ROTP and also under avatar those wings were an option so i chose them. I never pretended to impersonate a member of the Canadian Armed Forces.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5240.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 18:46:25 »
Thanks for the insight.

Have you had a jump course?

Offline Countyboy

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 18:52:10 »
I only have earned my mock tower wings, I hope to one day earn my Para wings through hard work and dedication like my Grandfather and Cousin! I am also interested in SARTECH as they are bada**.

Offline Flavus101

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 18:55:06 »
Recce, ease up a bit mate. Countyboy is probably 16-17 years old and outside of cadets has no experience as to what is acceptable in military circles. He probably saw the wings, thought they looked cool or maybe that is something that he has set as a personal goal. I'm sure that you weren't trying to sound aggressive, just how text comes across I guess.

Edit: I see Countyboy has cleared things up.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5240.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 18:59:57 »
OK I can buy all that.

Usually though, on this site, we don't use avatars here that haven't been earned.

There are SAR trained guys here that might not take kindly to it.

If you haven't already you should read the guidelines.

Offline Countyboy

• Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 19:11:02 »
Ok i changed my profile pic! haha you were right I am 17 and going in to my final year of high school. My goal is to become a member of the Military as most of my family has served. I am not sure how i will serve Canada at this time but i will serve in some way! if i did offend any SARTECH's i do apologize I am not the ex-cadet who runs around saying i was in the military and that i know everything about it.... cant stand those guys! I understand why you gave me a hard time to make sure i was not one of those types.

all in all this has moved very far away from the mounting  :P Pro court honestly is great check out his facebook page he post photo's i highly recommend him, he did a fantastic job on my medals and my grandfathers and would happily recommend him to anyone!

:cdn:

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 19:17:47 »
Recce, ease up a bit mate. Countyboy is probably 16-17 years old and outside of cadets has no experience as to what is acceptable in military circles. He probably saw the wings, thought they looked cool or maybe that is something that he has set as a personal goal. I'm sure that you weren't trying to sound aggressive, just how text comes across I guess.

Edit: I see Countyboy has cleared things up.

Flavus101

Perhaps you would like to read our threads on "Walts".  It may clear up your views as to what opinions people on this site may have towards such things.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Countyboy

• Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 19:32:33 »
Flavus101

Perhaps you would like to read our threads on "Walts".  It may clear up your views as to what opinions people on this site may have towards such things.

If they have such strong opinions and take offence to the wings being used as a profile photo then it should be an option as a profile photo or each profile photo should be approved before its used.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5240.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 19:39:29 »
If they have such strong opinions and take offence to the wings being used as a profile photo then it should be an option as a profile photo or each profile photo should be approved before its used.

It's a programming thing. All avatars need to be uploaded into a single category. There's no limitations on their use.

As an example, we've had many here using different rank, including CWO. We finally had to make it a rule that Cadets had to use 'Cadet' in front of their rank.

They were confusing noobs that came here for advice, only to find out after a series of exchanges that it was a Cadet Chief they were talking to and not a real CWO.

Cadet information is normally placed in your profile so people know of where you speak.

You should try that. Most of this conversation didn't need to take place if we knew right away that you were a Cadet and what your qualifications were.

We've been at this a long time. There is a method to our madness.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 19:42:34 by recceguy »

Offline Countyboy

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 19:58:14 »
This had nothing to do with technical advice, merely promoting a business. And I am no longer a cadet so i don't feel its right i say i am