Author Topic: Mobile Support Equipment Operator ( MSE Op )  (Read 209185 times)

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
Re: MSE Op
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2018, 13:49:27 »
Anyone on here ever have success or heard of anyone getting granted a PLAR for MSE Op?
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline Scrim

• Rate Post
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2018, 15:17:38 »
Anyone on here ever have success or heard of anyone getting granted a PLAR for MSE Op?

Haven’t heard of it.  But you’d probably need more than a driver wheel course to be PLAR’d, would most likely need civilian experience/quals to help support a PLAR.  If a PLAR was granted, you may still be required to do portions of the QL3.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:50:54 by Pickle Rick »

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2018, 16:25:29 »
Haven’t heard of it, I’m not sure whatever driver wheel course you did while on PAT Pl will write off QL3 MSE Op.

What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road? No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2018, 16:30:06 »
What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road? No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

Who knows....give it a try...
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline Scrim

• Rate Post
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2018, 16:52:13 »
What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road?

No idea, like NFLD Sapper said, try for it and see what happens.

No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

That was not intended to come off as passive aggressive.  No information was given with regarding what you have to support a PLAR, so I assumed you wanted a driver wheel course to support a PLAR on its own.  Original reply has been edited to properly convey what I intended.   
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:43:57 by Pickle Rick »

Offline captloadie

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2018, 08:38:22 »
I have seen one case where, due to previous military experience and civilian quals, a member who OT'd was granted his QL3. On the equipment itself, you'll still need to prove to a Driver Examiner you are proficient and pass the written/practical tests to be granted the qual on your 404s. If you have a log book, documenting all your hours etc., this will go a long way.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:23 »
I have seen one case where, due to previous military experience and civilian quals, a member who OT'd was granted his QL3. On the equipment itself, you'll still need to prove to a Driver Examiner you are proficient and pass the written/practical tests to be granted the qual on your 404s. If you have a log book, documenting all your hours etc., this will go a long way.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately most of my driving experience was under eLogs so I have no physical copies which sucks. I'm not too chuffed about not getting credit..having a leg up on double clutching and that stuff is enough on it's own I suppose.

Offline agnivohneb

• Rate Post
    • http://ben.hovinga.ca
MSE Op Flag?
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2018, 15:15:59 »
Hi everyone, I am trying to get a hold of the MSE Op Flag file. The one with the horse and tractor on it. I would like to get the original vector file, if not a high-quality raster image that I could convert to a vector would also work.