Author Topic: Mobile Support Equipment Operator (MSE Op) [Merged]  (Read 244941 times)

Offline Sabaton

• Rate Post
Re: Mobile Support Equipment Operator (MSE Op) [Merged]
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2017, 16:38:28 »
about MSE OP .I was wondering if someone would know how long the QL3 IS?

The recruiting website say 3 months but i have heard from few people it is 6months.

not sure what to sayĺto mt family to get them prepare

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 16:48:58 by mariomike »

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #277 on: August 22, 2017, 17:49:28 »
Hoping to touch base with an MSE Op to ask a few questions in PMs. If you're feeling generous and want to help me out let me know in PM's or post here and I'll PM you.

Cheers.  :salute:
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2018, 13:49:27 »
Anyone on here ever have success or heard of anyone getting granted a PLAR for MSE Op?
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

LightFighter

« Reply #279 on: January 17, 2018, 15:17:38 »
Anyone on here ever have success or heard of anyone getting granted a PLAR for MSE Op?

Haven’t heard of it.  But you’d probably need more than a driver wheel course to be PLAR’d, would most likely need civilian experience/quals to help support a PLAR.  If a PLAR was granted, you may still be required to do portions of the QL3.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:50:54 by Pickle Rick »

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #280 on: January 17, 2018, 16:25:29 »
Haven’t heard of it, I’m not sure whatever driver wheel course you did while on PAT Pl will write off QL3 MSE Op.

What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road? No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #281 on: January 17, 2018, 16:30:06 »
What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road? No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

Who knows....give it a try...
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

LightFighter

« Reply #282 on: January 17, 2018, 16:52:13 »
What about a 6 month driving program that I did that covered heavy equipment, transport trucks, coach buses and school buses civvie side that gave me certificates and a full license for everything on the road?

No idea, like NFLD Sapper said, try for it and see what happens.

No need to be so passive aggressive, jesus.

That was not intended to come off as passive aggressive.  No information was given with regarding what you have to support a PLAR, so I assumed you wanted a driver wheel course to support a PLAR on its own.  Original reply has been edited to properly convey what I intended.   
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:43:57 by Pickle Rick »

Offline captloadie

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2018, 08:38:22 »
I have seen one case where, due to previous military experience and civilian quals, a member who OT'd was granted his QL3. On the equipment itself, you'll still need to prove to a Driver Examiner you are proficient and pass the written/practical tests to be granted the qual on your 404s. If you have a log book, documenting all your hours etc., this will go a long way.

Offline Inf613

• Rate Post
« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2018, 07:39:54 »
Hey guys.
My OT/ct has finally gone through for MSE Op. I start 29 mar but i was told I have missed the next course. Can anyone tell me the next running courses that are open? My broker told me he will try and get me on OJT at my unit until course, since i have a wife and kids.
TIA!

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2018, 12:29:43 »
Latest 18-19 course calendar for CFLTC shows a QL3 MSE Op - English starting in late May.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Inf613

• Rate Post
« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2018, 14:46:23 »
Latest 18-19 course calendar for CFLTC shows a QL3 MSE Op - English starting in late May.
Perfect.thank you

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:23 »
I have seen one case where, due to previous military experience and civilian quals, a member who OT'd was granted his QL3. On the equipment itself, you'll still need to prove to a Driver Examiner you are proficient and pass the written/practical tests to be granted the qual on your 404s. If you have a log book, documenting all your hours etc., this will go a long way.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately most of my driving experience was under eLogs so I have no physical copies which sucks. I'm not too chuffed about not getting credit..having a leg up on double clutching and that stuff is enough on it's own I suppose.

Offline agnivohneb

• Rate Post
    • http://ben.hovinga.ca
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2018, 15:15:59 »
Hi everyone, I am trying to get a hold of the MSE Op Flag file. The one with the horse and tractor on it. I would like to get the original vector file, if not a high-quality raster image that I could convert to a vector would also work.

Offline Theprotienfiend

• Rate Post
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:51 »
Hey everyone, hope you are having a good day.

This past week I received a job offer for a mobile support equipment operator, ,after a rather swift recruiting process.

As of currently I am pretty torn on if I should take or not as in January I enrolled in a college program that I think would lead to a good enjoyable career, but potentially with less possibility of getting job upon graduation.

Now with the MSE Op, what attracted me to it was the wide array of certifications and experience you would get that would be translatable to the civilian market, as well as for lack of a better word, looking like a really cool & interesting job itself.

So I am looking to hear personal experiences form MSE Op's, what is your life like, how much do you travel, what equipment have you driven, there is not a lot of information on people who have gone through the trade, and I am looking to get some information that could maybe help me make a decision

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2019, 09:22:38 »
I was an MSE Op in the PRes. Loved the trade. Loved the RCASC. Later, the Logistics Branch.

Most of my time was on the M135. ( Retired ).

The training and experience was relevant to my full-time career.

See also,

MSE Op Training [MERGED]
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=115328.0

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:34:47 by mariomike »

Offline TheSnake

• Rate Post
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2019, 13:52:00 »
DP1 MSE Op Questions

What DND 404 Licence, would you get after doing the course?

What is it civilian equivalent, like a Class 5 or higher? 

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2019, 13:56:26 »
DND 404 is your military driver's licence.  It allows you to drive vehicles you are qualified on.  As there are multiple classes of vehicles in the CAF, there really is no civilian equivalent. 
“Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." Jim Carrey
"Do unto others, then run." Benny Hill
"There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." Kevin James

Offline kratz

Spring is still hiding under the covers.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2019, 14:05:10 »
With the change to the current DND 404, some provinces will now recognise civilian equivalencies.
On the back of your 404s, if you have, for example: Truck, trailer, and boat = class 5. If you have some heavy equipment endorsements, those will be transferred, in some provinces.

I know Ontario and Alberta DMV have systems in place to recognise 404 quals.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2019, 15:19:56 »
With the change to the current DND 404, some provinces will now recognise civilian equivalencies.
On the back of your 404s, if you have, for example: Truck, trailer, and boat = class 5. If you have some heavy equipment endorsements, those will be transferred, in some provinces.

NFLD is another...
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline TheSnake

• Rate Post
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2019, 18:55:59 »

Thank you, that short of answers my question however what vehicles that you learn to drive/become qualified  DP1 MSE Op

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2019, 19:06:20 »
what vehicles that you learn to drive/become qualified  DP1 MSE Op

See also,

Mobile Support Equipment Operator ( MSE Op )
https://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=18519.50
11 pages.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 19:24:27 by mariomike »