Author Topic: Transferring to another unit (RESERVE)  (Read 67176 times)

Offline Canuck10

• Rate Post
Re: PRes Unit Transfer
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2017, 12:58:22 »
Everyone, thanks for the detailed responses.

Yes, I have contacted a recruiter with the unit I wish to join. As I am not DP1 qualified, I believe my situation does not fall under "VOT" but "VOR" - Occupational Reassignment, not Transfer.

Unfortunately Lumber, I like the Army too much ;)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2017, 17:05:00 »
And that should, IIRC, also be discussed in the CFAO I mentioned...sorry, I was busy at work today and completely forgot to take a look at it;  it's been a few years and can't recall the different Annex's to it with any real clarity.
I feel the need...the NEED to FEED! - Prop Gun

Offline Canuck10

• Rate Post
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2017, 08:59:40 »
No worries! I appreciate all the help. No word on the status of the memo I submitted yet but my CoC has been very helpful and supportive.

:remembrance:

Offline mrbmw

• Rate Post
Transferring to another unit (RESERVE)
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2018, 02:21:49 »
Hello everyone,

I want to transfer to another unit because i don't like my current unit. After almost four years, I still don't "fit" in. I don't get along with the guys and i don't like the regiment. I believe my career will be better off somewhere else. My question is: how do I write the memo? Can I say right off the bat that I don't like the regiment and that I don't feel i belong there? Will my CoC take my request seriously if I do this?

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Transferring to another unit (RESERVE)
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2018, 09:04:36 »
Can I say right off the bat that I don't like the regiment and that I don't feel i belong there?

This might sound more positive,

I believe my career will be better off somewhere else.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:36:49 by mariomike »

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2018, 10:56:12 »
You better do some research about the other unit first, including speaking to your peers. Are you changing from one Inf unit to another for example or do you need to change trade? If the new unit works a different evening you could say that fits into your personal schedule easier.

You will be asked to amplify your reasons why so be prepared with written notes for a personal interview by your current C of C, which can be utilized for your written request to transfer. You feel uncomfortable, so think of reasons why you feel that way. Be positive, don't run down the unit or the people.

Hopefully you have some PDR/PER's to indicate you are a good troop.  Don't forget the loosing CO and the gaining CO must agree.
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2018, 19:05:11 »
Hello everyone,

I want to transfer to another unit because i don't like my current unit. After almost four years, I still don't "fit" in. I don't get along with the guys and i don't like the regiment. I believe my career will be better off somewhere else. My question is: how do I write the memo? Can I say right off the bat that I don't like the regiment and that I don't feel i belong there? Will my CoC take my request seriously if I do this?

Where is your unit?
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline knawktwice

• Rate Post
Re: NavRes training question.
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2018, 09:40:53 »
Would anyone in this thread be able to point me in the direction of where I would find a template to req an inter comd xfer? army to navres Thanks in advance

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Re: NavRes training question.
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2018, 10:06:09 »
Would anyone in this thread be able to point me in the direction of where I would find a template to req an inter comd xfer? army to navres

If you don't mind me asking, does this involve a Component Transfer ( CT )?

Element transfers are discussed here,

Element Transfer Memo 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=94747.0

Element Transfer
https://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,93130.0.html

element change 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=111922.0

Transferring to another unit (RESERVE)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=1865.100
6 pages.

etc...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:52:11 by mariomike »

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2018, 10:56:58 »
Would anyone in this thread be able to point me in the direction of where I would find a template to req an inter comd xfer? army to navres Thanks in advance

This guy.

I'll pm you with the deets when I get back to NY desk after lunch. If you pm me your dwan email we can make it all offish.
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2018, 14:27:49 »

This is how it's done in NAVRES.

First, depending on your unit, you'll need to draft a memo and/or request form up your chain of command requesting the transfer.

Second, your chain of command/day staff send emails back and fourth between the losing unit and the gaining unit, obtaining the two CO's concurrences for the transfer, and a position number for the new unit.

Third, unless you are an HRA/FSA or Musician, you'll need to VOT to a Navy trade, which means you'll need to have a BPSO interview. This is a separate process altogether.

Fourth, once both units agree to the transfer, and you have been deemed suitable by the BPSO for one of the Navy trades, you need to send an inter-command transfer request to NAVRESHQ's "Naval Reserve Military Career Administration" (NRMCA).

The format they use for an "out of NAVRES" transfer is below. Every bridgade/formation seems to have something different, but this is the meat and potatoes:

SUBJ: INTER-COMD TRANS OUT OF NAVRES REQUEST- **SN RK NAME INIT MOSID#**
1. REQ INTER-COMD TRANSFER OUT FOR **SN RK NAME INIT MOSID#**
A. FM: HMCS **UNIT**, UIC: **####**
B. TO: **UNIT**, UIC: **####** 
C. REQUESTED MOS: **NAME MOSID#**
D. REQ EFF DATE: **DD-MM-YYYY**
E. PT RESULTS: **PASS/EXEMPT: DD-MM-YYYY**
F. MED CAT: **XXXXXX DATED: DD-MM-YYYY**
G. PSO REPORT TO FOLLOW (IF MOS CHANGE)
H. CO CONCURS
I.  OTHER:
J. POC: **PO1 BLOGGINS, CHIEF CLERK (012) 345-6789**

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2018, 15:14:18 »
See also,

OP: knawktwice

I am currently on class B contract in the army I have a CT in for BOSN and Steward, while waiting for my CT(cause I assume itll take a hundred years) I am looking at transferring from army reserves to navy reserves except I have NO idea how to do that and its all army around here so nobody has a clue. Help?

Reply #100 to Reply #115 Inclusive.

And,

OP: knawktwice

req an inter comd xfer? army to navres

Reply #132 to Reply #135 Inclusive.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 16:30:45 by mariomike »