Author Topic: How ROTO works for the Arty?  (Read 2343 times)

Offline the burkalator

• Rate Post
How ROTO works for the Arty?
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:48 »
hey guys,

I am gonna be going in to the regs as a gunner and i was just wondering how roto works for arty units. For exapmle is it one battery per tour? and does it rotate from 1 and 2 horse for every tour? if any one could answer this it would be great.

cheers,

matt :cdn: :salute:

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: How ROTO works for the Arty?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 10:53:59 »
Usually what Bde that is forming the BG will determine what Regiments send what on the Tasking.  Usually, not always, the personnel will all come from the same Bde and LFC.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline SHELLDRAKE!!

• Rate Post
  • BIG GUN GO BOOM
Re: How ROTO works for the Arty?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 15:39:13 »
Each battery in a Regiment is designated as a support battery to specific units. Typically if say 3RCR are slated to go, F Battery would then be attatched and so on but as with all combat arms units, when it comes time for a battery to go, they depend on the rest of the Regiment to backfill any personell
shortfalls.

And as a side note, the last time an Artillery Regiment deployed as a Regiment was the last two tours
in Cyprus.
"Artillerymen believe the world consists of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets"-unknown