Author Topic: Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )  (Read 486294 times)

Offline Eagle Eye View

• Rate Post
Re: Who, in your CoC, has the authority to refuse your VOT?
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2007, 12:07:13 »
I've decided to OT anyway. BPSO knows and told me if my unit try to hold me again they'll deal with it this time.
Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.

John F. Kennedy

Offline flames9

• Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2007, 19:59:33 »
Hope u go through with ur re muster to AES op, loved my time in the trade. best job going in my little opinion!!  At one time they used to get quite a few applicants and was quite competitive, but in the past yrs that has changed, so I have been told, as I'm no longer in the Forces. Best of luck

Offline Eagle Eye View

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 01:05:14 »
284_226 ,
I apology if I didn't reply earlier, I must have missed your post.
What I meant by penalize was as my supervisor point of view. I was told I would not be recomended due to manning issues. They wrote that AESOP was open to all trade therefore a cook for exemple may have better chance than AVS because my trade is amber and soon to become red. Now I know that is BS because CFRG are the one taking the decision as to who get selected or not. Now with that in mind, my CO will most likely not recomended because of manning issues within the scadron. I sure I'm praying lots these days that it does not weight much when the board sits down in the next few months.
Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.

John F. Kennedy

Offline 284_226

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 05:40:57 »
Ah, now I understand what you meant, thanks.  You seem to be doing just about everything you can do to minimize the interference from your CoC.  I think as long as the PSO is well aware of what their ulterior motives are, you've got as good a chance as anyone.  I do sincerely believe that the CF would rather VOT a member than lose them altogether - if at all possible.

Offline darrk_majin

• Rate Post
Is putting in your VR faster then trying to remuster?
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2008, 19:00:34 »
I have been thinking of remustering trades for a long time now, I am reg force. I was thinking of going from Veh tech to combat arms trade. I am finishing my 4's right now. From what I know my current trade is red flagged and told that is will be next to impossible to change trades after i become 4's qualified. Then I was told by a few people that it might even be faster to get out then reapply after the 6 month waiting period. Has anyone herd of this being done and does anyone have any experience with it. Also please share your views on the situation

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Is putting in your VR faster then trying to remuster?
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2008, 19:16:24 »
Well......A VR is the quickest way to Remuster to Civie.  As for getting into another CF Trade, you will now have to figure out where your Pers File goes and how long it takes to go there, and then how long it takes the CFRC to retrieve it.  Then you have to figure out where you Med File goes, and how long it stays at each location along the way, and then how long it will take the CFRC to Track it down and put it all together with your Pers File.  Then you will have to take into account the last PER you will get and what it may do to any hopes of rejoining.  Have we mentioned the fact that you will probably be moving in the meantime?  There are several other factors you may want to ponder after you have sorted through these ones.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline GUNS

ARMY.CA coin is back at FMG.

• Rate Post
  • Are the spades dug-in?
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2008, 20:31:10 »
Would I be out of line if I asked for your reason to switch?
When I do right, no one remembers.
When I do wrong, no one forgets.

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2008, 20:44:54 »
Another point to ponder ...

What if you VR'd then tried to get back in --- only to have them keep offering you Veh Tech being that you are already QL3 qualified?? Perhaps they won't let that money they've already put into you be wasted?? Be very careful what you wish for.

I'm also wondering your reasons as to why you'd want to remuster at this stage of your career -- you're on your QL4s ... you haven't even experienced what your daily work will be like in actuality once out of the trg phase.

And, I hope that your reasonings aren't simply to get onto a tour faster -- that's be doing it for all the wrong reasons.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 20:48:49 by ArmyVern »
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline geo

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2008, 21:46:57 »
Ummm have you thought of asking your career mangler?
Chimo!

Offline darrk_majin

• Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2008, 22:47:20 »
I want to remuster because I do not feel I am in the right place,  Ever since the day I started my trade I have been lied to with what kinda work I will  get to do. I thought and hoped it would be alot different then what it is. Combat arms have always  intrested me, I feel that I should being doing that stuff at this point in my life and not sitting back, I am young and should be out there. I want to have the chance to get on some of the courses and jobs they get to do. I have always been into the physical type of lifestyle. I just dont feel satisfied with what I'm doing right now.

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 02:04:01 »
Not to mention you keep getting a paycheck while the OT is in progress and if you aren't accepted to your new trade, you still have a job career.  VR and you have to find a civie job to support yourself while trying to get back in and if your new trade doesn't accept you, you still have to find a civie job and are worse off than you are now.

Offline X-mo-1979

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:21 »
We had a young guy who recently VR'ed and will be joining back up the same day he is released,at a differnt trade.
I always thought you had to wait 6 months, but I guess they have changed that policy?

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2008, 08:53:46 »
How about VR to the reserves. No need for prior verification of service, latest canforgen states that CTs get priority over civies coming off the street., don't need to turn in all your kit. Better than a full VR if you plan on getting back in.

Offline ExRCDcpl

• Rate Post
Voluntary Occupational Transfer (VOT).
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2008, 12:30:36 »
Hey guys.  Just a quick question here.  For reasons that are my own I am considering putting in an OT memo to go from armoured to infantry.  My question is simple.....I've been in the army for 2 years now, spending a year of that at regiment.  I've heard you need three years in to OT to some trades.  Was just wondering if an OT from armoured to infantry requires this three year period or would I meet the requirements to attempt to OT?

Thanks

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
Re: OT question
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2008, 12:39:01 »
There is no OT topics here you can look at?
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline ExRCDcpl

• Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2008, 12:42:05 »
Tried reading the recent ones and really didn't have my question answered.  None of them seem to cover a combat arms - combat arms remuster......well no recent ones anyways

aesop081

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2008, 13:15:04 »
A remuster is a remuster is a remuster.........

There is no "combat arms to combat arms" remuster program.

There is VOTP, LOTP and COTP

With 2 years in, only VOTP  may apply to you.

Offline ExRCDcpl

• Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2008, 15:36:42 »
Forgive my ignorance.....but a VOTP is what?

Offline Sheep Dog AT

• The Fly in Someone's Ointment - Giggity
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2008, 15:45:07 »
voluntary occupational transfer
Apparently infamous for his one liners.
Oh Giggity Well...........Giggity

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2008, 17:18:04 »
voluntary occupational transfer

Voluntary Occupational Transfer Program/Plan
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2008, 18:41:31 »
This is where your reading/research should start.  Basically you are looking for a VOT under the terms of LOTP.  *Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements for time-in, as you will see. *

CFAO 11-12 OCCUPATION TRANSFER OF NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS - REGULAR FORCE

I can tell you this;  According to the ISS (In Service Selection) Occupation Status, Infantry is a "Green" Trade ( as far as ISS is concerned, it is actually above PML) and Armour is a Red trade for the 08/09 FY.  That might make it hard(er) to OT.  IAW with the part of CFAO 11-12 below, you would have to apply for an OT from Crmn to Infmn under AVOTP, Para 5(a), or LOTP, Para 5(c) both of which are under the Voluntary "type".  Para's 15 and 16 apply to VOTs as well, which also refer to Annex C (applic below, bolded). 

*However,  with only 2 years in, you are looking at doing another year as Crmn before you can VOT under the LOTP*.  Remember, you need to go thru your CoC or follow what ever unit SOPs that apply.  The last thing you want to do is piss them off and not have their support when you are able to apply.  Part 5 of your actual VOT Application is for the CO to write/sign (probably be done initially by your Tp Ldr) and your immediate superior is also required to submit an assessment on you. 

TYPES OF OCCUPATION TRANSFERS

3.     OTs are categorized as:  Compulsory, Voluntary, MOC Reassignments and Career Progression Occupation Transfers.

4.     Compulsory.  This category refers to cases where members must leave their current MOC because of:
     a.   deletion of a MOC;
     b.   changes in the establishment requirements of the Canadian Forces (CF);
     c.   Career Medical Review Board (CMRB) decisions in accordance with 34-26;
     d.   Career Review Board (CRB) decisions in accordance with 49-4; or
     e.   other reasons as determined by NDHQ/DGPCOR (Director General Personnel Careers Other Ranks).

5.     Voluntary.  This category refers to OT applied for by members under the:
     a.   Annual Voluntary Occupation Transfer Program (see Annex A);
     b.   Continuing Occupation Transfer Program (see Annex B); or
     c.   Land Occupation Transfer Program (LOTP) described at Annex C.

6.     MOC Reassignment.  This category refers to OT of Privates Basic (Pte(B)) who have not yet attained QL3.

7.     Career Progression Occupation Transfers.  This category refers to OTs which are inherent in the career progression of certain MOCs, which are detailed in A-PM-245-001/FP-001, Chapter 7, Annex L.  These OTs are not dealt with in this order.

VOLUNTARY OT -GENERAL

15.    Members applying for transfer under any of the voluntary OT programs must meet the following prerequisites:
     a.   minimum time prerequisites applicable to the OT program being considered, excluding LWOP (Leave Without Pay) granted on enrolment;
     b.   MOC selection standards, detailed in the Canadian Forces Manual of NCM Occupation Structure (A-PD-123);
     c.   language aptitude and proficiency standards;
     d.   MOC medical standards specified in A-MD-154-000/FP-000;
     e.   QL 4 qualification.
     f.   Only Ptes and Cpls and those MCpls and above who are prepared to relinquish their appointment or rank may apply for voluntary OT.

16.    Members eligible for OT under the Land Occupation Transfer Program (LOTP) detailed at Annex C are also eligible to apply for OT under the Continuing Occupation Transfer Program detailed at Annex B.  Members who have transferred to the Regular Force direct from the Youth Training Employment Program (YTEP) are entitled to count YTEP service towards the minimum time prerequisites as detailed in Annex A, B, or C.

ANNEX C -- LAND OCCUPATION TRANSFER PROGRAM (LOTP)

GENERAL

1.     Under this program, applications may be made by members of MOC CRMN 011, ARTYMN FD 021, ARTYMN AD 022, INFMN 031, FD ENGR 041, and FEE OP 042 for OT into any MOC that forecasts basic MOC training within two years of the date of application. Eligible members may apply for OT for up to two MOCs using the form in Annex D. A member may apply only once per calendar year.

QUALIFYING TIME

2.     In addition to meeting the prerequisites contained in paragraph 15 of this order, applicants for OT under this program must have more than three but less than six years of continuous service on the date of application.

3.     Members who re-enrol must have three years, but not more than six years of combined Regular Force service and meet the prerequisites outlined in paragraphs 15 and 16 of this order. In addition, they must have served a minimum of 12 months must be completed in the current engagement.

*editted for clarity*

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 19:12:03 by Eye In The Sky »
The only time you have *too much gas* is when you're on fire.

aesop081

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2008, 18:44:07 »
This is where your reading/research should start.  Basically you are looking for a VOT under the terms of LOTP. 

He cannot apply for LOTP.

LOTP is for members who have between 3 and 6 years of service. He indicated that he only had 2 at this time.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2008, 18:48:41 »
He cannot apply for LOTP.

LOTP is for members who have between 3 and 6 years of service. He indicated that he only had 2 at this time.

Correct, which he will see when he reads my post, specifically the info in Annex C, Para 2.   I forgot to mention at that point he was SOL.  My bad, post now editted to make that point clear at the beginning.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 18:54:32 by Eye In The Sky »
The only time you have *too much gas* is when you're on fire.

Online NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2008, 18:54:33 »
Glad to see they updated those docs, 041/042 hasen't existed in awhile.
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

aesop081

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2008, 18:58:30 »
Glad to see they updated those docs, 041/042 hasen't existed in awhile.

Its from a CFAO therefore it will not be updated until it is replaced by a DAOD.