Author Topic: BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]  (Read 704624 times)

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
  • have you ever seen a bear , wearin' underwear?
Re: BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 17:52:14 »
Good point . Im sure some around week 3 , will start to become very home sick. I am use to being away from my parents and vise versa , but of course , im going to miss them very much. Plus , there are alot of young adults  ( around 18 ) that this is their first time away from home starting a new career , that of course is taken into consideration and should be as well with ' team mates '. Which also means for the older , wiser folk to have a little patience and let the staff sort them out :) Ha ha.

Also , it's maybe the first time away from Boyfriends , Girlfriends , Wives , Husbands and children.. which is very , very difficult.  One of the hardest parts of being on course.. atleast for my family it always was. It's hard to be away from the norm and the ones who love and support you , regardless of whoever says ' suck it up ' , this is not easy. In the first few weeks we are learning to develop those skills , some will have it harder then others .. and Lara is right when saying we have to become like a family and learn to support one another. Im agreeing with you Lara for myself really.. but there are some others that will need the strength we feel. ( Maybe I should have become a Padre , he he )

It's not a cake walk , as mentioned, it tends to teach younger adults the idea of having a career and growing up , in a sense it actually does make one into a ' man or woman '.

Im excited , and I think we are all feeling different emotions of excitement , being nervous , happy , sad , etc . I believe this is a life changing experience and we should all be proud of ourselves. I am excited for each week to pass and to soak up all this education. It's an amazing offer to have , we are all so lucky to be part of it! To gain friendships that are for life , to experience things we would never have a chance to in civi land.

G'luck guys , times a tickin'!!!

34 Days until I leave.

36 until it starts...      :)

JESSO
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 18:04:12 by gijesso »

Offline Hot Lips

• Lest we forget...
  • Rate Post
    • You're in the army now
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 19:20:02 »
Good point . Im sure some around week 3 , will start to become very home sick. I am use to being away from my parents and vise versa , but of course , im going to miss them very much. Plus , there are alot of young adults  ( around 18 ) that this is their first time away from home starting a new career , that of course is taken into consideration and should be as well with ' team mates '. Which also means for the older , wiser folk to have a little patience and let the staff sort them out :) Ha ha.

Also , it's maybe the first time away from Boyfriends , Girlfriends , Wives , Husbands and children.. which is very , very difficult.  One of the hardest parts of being on course.. atleast for my family it always was. It's hard to be away from the norm and the ones who love and support you , regardless of whoever says ' suck it up ' , this is not easy. In the first few weeks we are learning to develop those skills , some will have it harder then others .. and Lara is right when saying we have to become like a family and learn to support one another. Im agreeing with you Lara for myself really.. but there are some others that will need the strength we feel. ( Maybe I should have become a Padre , he he )

It's not a cake walk , as mentioned, it tends to teach younger adults the idea of having a career and growing up , in a sense it actually does make one into a ' man or woman '.

Im excited , and I think we are all feeling different emotions of excitement , being nervous , happy , sad , etc . I believe this is a life changing experience and we should all be proud of ourselves. I am excited for each week to pass and to soak up all this education. It's an amazing offer to have , we are all so lucky to be part of it! To gain friendships that are for life , to experience things we would never have a chance to in civi land.

G'luck guys , times a tickin'!!!

34 Days until I leave.

36 until it starts...      :)

JESSO

Well said..can't wait to meet the new members of my family  :)
Indeed...this is a privilege and a wonderful opportunity...counting down the days... ;D

HL
"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."~ Gen. Hillier - CDS

17thRecceSgt

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 21:43:11 »
For what its worth, my best buddy in Cornwallis in '89 was a guy named Christ O'Brien, an Airframe Tech (at the time).  If I saw him today, I would give him the shirt off my back.  No questions asked.  Haven't talked to him since '92 when he meet me at the Edmonton airport after flying in for my jump course.

Life-long friends is what you will make (an' maybe some enemies too!  not everyone gets along).

Good luck to the works of you.  Welcome to the CF.   :salute:

Offline GazeeboUnit

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 09:18:08 »
Time Check....
3 weeks to go until I get on the plane!

How's everybody doing?

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2006, 09:35:53 »
3 weeks! Ack!! Times a flyin' by!  ;D and  :'( Ha ha.

Technically , Im in Wpg the night before so 20 days. I count the minute im packed and gone from my house.

Saying good bye to everyone will be difficult ( Especually my Parents and Bf ... and Dogs  :) ). But, luckily my Best Friend is going with me.

Also , swearing in is on the 14th! ' Officially in the military '.

Hows everyones PT comin' along? I have been running , almost died but atleast im complteting it. Did a 6 km Ruck run. That was dandy ha ha.

Alright guys! Excited to meet everyone when we get there!

JESSO

Offline Nikki55

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 14:59:45 »
I am going to IAP august 28th. I arrive the 26th in St-Jean.  :cdn: I would like to chat with others going to ST-Jean at the same time. So email me at deschampsn@hotmail.com  :salute:

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 15:34:02 »
Hey Folks!

Times a tickin' , going by fast. Im sure we are all still excited and pumped. As in the Thread ' August 21st ' .. people seem to have a closer bond with each other. Im not sure who from this week talks , but we should all get to know one another because most likley we WILL be in the same platoon.

As I stated in the Aug 21st Thread :

A little Birdie told me ...

The Anglo platoons number is : R0282E ( Get to know this number well.. )

I couldn't tell yah for Franco. But , there are only  TWO PLATOONS running this week. So folks... whoever is doin' BMQ / English , we will be in the same platoon. So there for , as the friendlies on Aug 21st , we should get to know each other.. ( Awww how cute ).

My name : Amy Christine Jesso
My Email , if you would like to chat : pink_typhoon@hotmail.com ( Yah yah , I made it when  I was like.. 15! )

My Outlook to how I see myself on BMQ :

Hopefully I soak up as much knowledge as possible. I hope to meet alot of interesting new people and hope to come out of it with alot of good friends. I hope that we all mesh together REALLY well and REALLY fast , for we have the power of knowledge folks.. and we know that if you clam together as a team quickly , you WILL be much happier. I hope that my team mates will help me with troubles I may have , and if anyone ever needs a hand to ask me and I would never have a problem. I'd give yah the shirt off my back if that means yah won't get in crap. I hope the bigger lads know theres tiny wee ones like myself who will probably be jumping / running with ones ruck just to keep up to their big ol' legs  :) And I hope that there are others their who have the enthusiasm and drive for this course. I hope to see alot of smiles , alot of hardships , alot of teamwork and alot of personal growth. 

Thats all I can say for that now.   

A Little Bit About Who I am :

Im a fiesty little firecracker who likes to work hard. I believe in good friendships and loyatly to those who are. I believe trust is important , especially with our choice of profession. And as Springroll said for herself , you break it once you're not getting it back. I am human , and there for in the mornings Im a grump puss , but after so many hours of sleep dep you WILL notice my East Coast accent come out and WOW is it  bad! I like being the person to make those laugh and see the lighter side in a rough situation.  And I also like when people confide in me , so if yah ever need to let 'er loose and talk when you are on course , and it really doesnt matter which week , and even if you dont know me.. come have a chat.  Im far from shy so if you don't come say Hi , I will.

Thats it folks.  It would be nice to  hear some backgrounds about yourselves as well if you wish to.

Good idea Spring , thanks!

JESSO

MikeL

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2006, 15:49:10 »
but after so many hours of sleep dep you WILL notice my East Coast accent come out and WOW is it  bad!

Well, unless theres some Newfs on course, they'll make you sound completly normal like a mainlander, an no sign of a accent :dontpanic:

Offline koko_00

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006, 15:57:27 »
HI I'll be there too.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 21:14:51 by koko_00 »

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 16:11:41 »
Well, unless theres some Newfs on course, they'll make you sound completly normal like a mainlander, an no sign of a accent :dontpanic:

Buahaha. Yah yah , Funny!

Offline Springroll

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 16:18:22 »
A Little Bit About Who I am :

Im a fiesty little firecracker who likes to work hard. I believe in good friendships and loyatly to those who are. I believe trust is important , especially with our choice of profession. And as Springroll said for herself , you break it once you're not getting it back. I am human , and there for in the mornings Im a grump puss , but after so many hours of sleep dep you WILL notice my East Coast accent come out and WOW is it  bad! I like being the person to make those laugh and see the lighter side in a rough situation.  And I also like when people confide in me , so if yah ever need to let 'er loose and talk when you are on course , and it really doesnt matter which week , and even if you dont know me.. come have a chat.  Im far from shy so if you don't come say Hi , I will.

Thats it folks.  It would be nice to  hear some backgrounds about yourselves as well if you wish to.

Good idea Spring , thanks!
JESSO

You did a better job than I, Amy....BTW, you can call me Lisa  ;D

"Take every day with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a Margarita"

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2006, 16:22:52 »
Meh B'y , No worries , Nice to meet yah Lisa  ;D

Offline Ghost Snake

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2006, 18:18:08 »
I'd give yah the shirt off my back if that means yah won't get in crap.
If you ever take off your shirt, you'd better be wearing something appropriate underneath.  You dont need sexual harrassment charges now do ya? :rofl:

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2006, 18:34:14 »
Oh good god.

I kind of forget Im female sometimes!!  :-[ Ha ha.

Josh!!!! 6 MORE DAYS MAN! YAH!! I cant WAIT! You better come find me young man or Ill start calling your name out loud. I will , don't make me! Also , we ARE in the same platoon!! Woo hoo!  As posted our platoon number is R0282E!! Woo. 28'ers ROCK.

See yah soon!

JESSO

Offline Hot Lips

• Lest we forget...
  • Rate Post
    • You're in the army now
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2006, 20:00:57 »
Will be sworn in by this time next week...wooohooo

19 days til IAP begins...see you there  ;D

HL
"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."~ Gen. Hillier - CDS

17thRecceSgt

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 20:02:02 »
Hey i'll be there too for Officer Training. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

It will be nice to start something new but since i have 2 years reserve infantry training it will be LOTS of boring old skills i already know expecially stupid drill.

Im going Sig O by the way and if you want some tips or have questions (for those new to the military) drop me a line on msn

**********@***  I made mine about 10 years ago too lol

Jason

Man with that attitude you are gonna REEK of "OH OH PLEASE SORT ME OUT STAFF, I HAVE ATTITUDE!".

2 WHOLE years of Reserve Infantry time?   ::)

Weapons, nav, teamwork, leadership etc are "boring old skills" that you did for (cough cough) 2 whole years....

:boring: 

Hope that isn't in your 500-word biography ya hand in...just a hint.   ;)

I'd be hopin', if I were you, that none of your Crse Staff reads that post...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:10:47 by muskrat89 »

Offline koko_00

• Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2006, 21:11:10 »
Ya learning Drill by squads, doing basic nav and a one or maybe 2 day first aid course, TOET's on te C7 and pistol

YES ALLL BORING !!!!

I dont have any attitude and you dont even know me, how could anyone enjoy these parts of IAP whatsoever ESPECIALLY after already having done it.

I am looking forward to my MOC training when i finally get to learn something new otherwise it will be slow going and boring im not here to profess my greatness but rather to say that ive been in this situation before.

Lastly i gave my msn to try and help anyone with questions and your first response is negative rather then saying thanks for trying to be nice to some people who may not have any idea what their getting into.

So thanks  :salute:

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2006, 21:27:39 »
koko_00

Why should anyone pay you any attention?  You don't have any military experience, as your profile points out, so why should anyone ask you for advice?  Being a Gamer doesn't count in St Jean.  Being a pompous arse, and puffing up your credentials because you were in Cadets or did a year in the Reserves will probably be your down fall, but then again, you don't have that in your profile.  Do you know what a poser is? 

And YES! you do have an attitude.  One that will need adjusting.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 21:31:00 »
koko_00

Why should anyone pay you any attention?  You don't have any military experience, as your profile points out, so why should anyone ask you for advice?  Being a Gamer doesn't count in St Jean.  Being a pompous arse, and puffing up your credentials because you were in Cadets or did a year in the Reserves will probably be your down fall, but then again, you don't have that in your profile.  Do you know what a poser is? 
And YES! you do have an attitude.  One that will need adjusting.

Least someone said it first.

If you DO have experience , yah don't flaunt it. Thats when people start to hate you. Wont that be a fun 11 weeks  ( if you make it that far with that outlook )

Sorry to say ... Koko , I hope you are not with me on BMQ with that type of ' Tude.. Infact , I dont want to have to work with people with that attitude. But hey , the DS will sort that out.

and BTW,... DRILL IS FUN! THATS RIGHT , I SAID IT!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 21:34:33 by osjesso »

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -3925.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 21:41:20 »
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 21:43:34 »
Ah no...

Not the Integrity thing again...

dileas

tess
I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Offline Buzz

• Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 21:48:24 »

Least someone said it first.

If you DO have experience , yah don't flaunt it. Thats when people start to hate you. Wont that be a fun 11 weeks  ( if you make it that far with that outlook )

Sorry to say ... Koko , I hope you are not with me on BMQ with that type of ' Tude.. Infact , I dont want to have to work with people with that attitude. But hey , the DS will sort that out.

and BTW,... DRILL IS FUN! THATS RIGHT , I SAID IT!

Drill is fun :) As a matter of fact I love drill so much I practice it.  Shows Drive when heels are clicked together with streghth and agility.  Snapping to attention everywhere.
"If your going through hell, keep going" -Sir Winston Churchill

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2006, 21:55:50 »
Ha ha ha.

Anyways. Lets not hijack this thread , its my only peace and harmony on this little site.

Anyone else comin' along for the ride on the 28th. We know your out there!!

Offline koko_00

• Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2006, 22:18:29 »
I simply pointed out that i thought that those "basics" learned on basic training are boring to me. Its not my attitude its my opinion.
I plan to go there and try to be as grey as possible, seeing as how im showing up with all my kit its going to be obvious to staff that i have some experiance and I will try to resist their possible intention on having me demonstrate/guide/ ... people through things to a certain extent. I am not running for course candidate. I just want to go there meet some new friends have some fun weekends off in Montreal and pass without half the staff or course for that matter knowing my name. I dont like to stand out whether it be on a board or real life I work hard do my job and thats it.

Well i guess i let myself get outta hand.

Once again good luck to everyone going.

Offline jebo

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2006, 22:19:47 »
You hurt the itty bitty soldier in me when yah say Basic is ... ' Boring '. Come on now , don't ruin it for the rest of us!

Please just stop while your ahead.

When is everyone getting sworn in? You should all post any pictures if yah got 'em. That'd be super fly.

BTW. I love Pvt Annand. You know who you are  ;D YAY! Soo ever excited for Basic!! R0282E IS GOIN TO ROCK! For all those I know so far comin' , it looks wicked!!

The Ever Excited , JESSO
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 00:28:52 by osjesso »