Author Topic: Occupational and Component Transfers (OT/CT/VOT) During and After BMQ (Merged)  (Read 104563 times)

Offline Matthard

• Rate Post
I am needing a MOC reassignment as well, however, I am unsure how to create the memo. If someone could send me or direct me to a template I would appreciate it. I just finished BMQ and want to do it right. Thank you.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
You could also ask your MCpl/Sgt/immediate superior for assistance.  It is part of their leadership function.
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline MNicol

• Rate Post
High School and Beyond
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2019, 20:07:53 »
Hi everyone! (I really hope this is where I’m supposed to post this.)

My name is Meghan and I’m a grade 11 student in Ontario. Like pretty much everyone else in high school, I’d rather not graduate university with a debt that causes me to mortgage my firstborn. The military seems to offer an ideal program, but I want to make sure it’s right for me.

1. If I do a grade 12 co-op, can I then join the Reg forces after it and attend a civilian university at the same time? (It has to be civilian because RMC doesn’t offer the degree that I want.) Would it still be covered by the Paid Education program?

2. Does the degree I get have to match the job I want in the military? For reference, I’d like a degree in Forensics, International Law or Journalism. The only jobs I can see myself doing and doing well in the CF are your basic Infantry Soldier or being an Imagery Technician. (I’d like to be a NCM)

I’m sorry if these are really common questions. I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find any answers to my specific questions.

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Enrolling with a PRes unit during a co-op means you will be doing an OT for Image Tech and CT for both trades you mentioned.

RegF NCM paid education is mostly through an ILP. The key part to this,
is that it must apply to your trade. So a forensics degree would not be approved for an Image Tech.

If you have your heart set on a degree, ROTP at RMC is the only option this FY, except for 8 specified Officer trades.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline MNicol

• Rate Post
What degree would be best for Infantry?

Would a Journalism degree match with Imagery Tech or would I need more specific training?

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
NCM trades do not require a degree. The BPSO is the best person to recommend what degree might be accepted for an ILP.

If you choose the ROTP route, any degree is suitable for Infantry Officer.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline MNicol

• Rate Post
Thank you for the information! I will be sure to do that ASAP.

Have a good night. :)

Offline hathway

• Rate Post
I have a question regards of Component Transfers CT, I want to transfer from Army to Air Force, right after I finish my BMQ, I was applied for Air Force Supply Tech but somehow the recruiting center give me an Army Supply Tech offer, I was waited 13 months already and didn't want wait anymore so I  signed Army offer, now I am on the middle of my BMQ. Could any one give me some directive or a link for what to do, any suggestion will be very appreciated, thank you in advance.   

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
I have a question regards of Component Transfers CT, I want to transfer from Army to Air Force, right after I finish my BMQ, I was applied for Air Force Supply Tech but somehow the recruiting center give me an Army Supply Tech offer, I was waited 13 months already and didn't want wait anymore so I  signed Army offer, now I am on the middle of my BMQ.

Sounds like you want an Element change,

Element Transfer
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=94747.0

element change 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=92932.0
2 pages.

What element to pick 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=121873.0

Switching "Wrong" Element Wait Time?
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=116234.0
2 pages.

etc...