Author Topic: CFRG and the broken recruiting system-Split  (Read 102698 times)

Offline donaldk

• Rate Post
Re: CFRG and the broken recruiting system-Split
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2018, 02:19:19 »
This is a direct result of a broken recruiting system. A system that seems to be unable to get out of its own way and a double wammy of focusing recruiting on groups of people who seem to have no desire to join in great numbers. I have no idea how to get more women, first nations and POC's through the door that isn't already been done. Unless we get Michael Bey to make a movie about our Navy fighting aliens (hey we could get HMCS HAIDA off the wall just like USS MISSOURI!) off the Toronto waterfront. That might spur some recruitment! Who knows? None of our other campaigns seem to work. :rofl:

Oh the internal bullshit within CFRG is absolutely nigh which was showcased with their stupid ever changing qualification policies for their post-in positions (which apply equally to NAVRES NRD recruiting positions upon post-in).  It was news to me when I suddenly found out yesterday that the coursing/OJT omnibus TD for a potential File Manager was no ******* good without a lengthy 2-3 month OJT at a CFRC det (closest one 700km away).  This essentially led to one of my PRes mbrs pulling the pin on taking a 3 yr contract in any recruiting position ever due to CFRG's ineptness with it's training program.  Shortly thereafter, I nominated him for an upcoming vacancy in my RSS pool since he is a VERY hard worker that didn't deserve the ******* around he got from CFRG (and raised my three fingers in the direction of Borden and Toronto for them to 'read between the lines').  Someone at CMP needs to wake up to the morning coffee and take the damn hint that when both major PRes orgs (CA and NAVRES) have or are implementing measures to make CFRG obsolete they should just chop the head off the dying horse that is CFRG/MILPERSGEN. As for someone's staffing suggestion that came out-of-line from the south end of the province...  I will enjoy my popcorn when PCC Quebec goes grenadier on the originator  :Jedi:

Back to the thread topic on CSC... crewing concept wise, yes, certain recruiting intake projections are in the project scope for its analysis phase but my rant and the others above mine specific to CFRG issues might need to be split into another thread...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:32:45 by donaldk »

Offline Czech_pivo

• Rate Post
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2018, 13:27:49 »
A lot of talk has been about low crew levels and inability to staff the current (larger?) fleet size.  Out of curiosity, what, if anything, would an across the board 10% pay raise in the navy (and entire armed forces) for all ranks below, say Captain (or say Colonel in the Army/Air Force).  Would this do anything at all in addressing low recruitment numbers and retention.  I read a lot about creating new opportunities and better accommodations on the new ships coming online in the future, but nothing at all about salary/compensation.  Interested in knowing if this would address the issue of not enough crew.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2018, 15:03:38 »
CAF has better retention than most allies.  Problems are mostly with training pipeline to OFP, not with recruiting (some occupations excepted).
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline standingdown

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #278 on: October 12, 2018, 15:33:12 »
My brother has been waiting months to get in to the Navy as a NESOP.  He is 30 years old, supremely fit and wants to get stuck in.

The recruiting centre had some issues with a couple of tattoos he has and have been giving him the run around with waivers for the past four months.

It is absolutely unacceptable and I'm considering making a phone call to someone.  He is getting fed up and is probably going to look elsewhere soon if he doesn't hear.

Really? If I may ask, is it location or content they have an issue with? It's not like there are no NES Ops with tattoos...

Offline Halifax Tar

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ready Aye Ready
« Reply #279 on: October 12, 2018, 18:07:32 »
So in theory you need more then 700 probably more like double that?

More than likely.

I am not sure why my post was moved out of its original thread.
Lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way

Offline kratz

Fall: Sweater Weather.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #280 on: October 12, 2018, 18:23:20 »
Quote from: Halifax Tar
I am not sure why my post was moved out of its original thread.

Discussions are fluid and not always easy to split smoothly, without also editing posts.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #281 on: October 12, 2018, 18:30:04 »
Really? If I may ask, is it location or content they have an issue with? It's not like there are no NES Ops with tattoos...

content but it is nothing, it is a bunch of numbers written on his chest.  They have been trying to say it is gang related.  It is not a gang tattoo LOL

It is also covered and cannot be seen when he is wearing a shirt.  Quite honestly, I find the whole thing all a bit ridiculous, especially when I see gangs of sailors and soldiers driving around with motorcycle cuts acting like they are members of SOA.

Offline standingdown

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #282 on: October 12, 2018, 20:22:55 »
And what gang exactly is that? Are the folks at the CFRC gang experts? I wouldn't even call them recruiting experts.

Tell him to hang on. Sounds like he's being discriminated against almost.