Author Topic: Class C disability award  (Read 2461 times)

Offline GAC

• Rate Post
  • 100% CND
Class C disability award
« on: February 11, 2018, 19:36:35 »
Are class C reservist eligible to receive disability award if the injury happened while on the job during the contract? 
Is there a time limitation? 

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: Class C disability award
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 19:44:59 »
Yes - members of the Reserve Force are eligible for disability awards for injuries received while on duty.  There is no time limit to apply.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline umbrella

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 17:18:41 »
Just wondering about class b as well? does it matter how the injury occurred as long as it was during service? I am speaking for my own issues...I was alone in my room and three men burst into my room in the middle of the night, I won't get into details but as I was heading home the next morning due to an emergency at home nothing was done. I was sent home to deal with things on my own....

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 17:35:42 »
Just wondering about class b as well? does it matter how the injury occurred as long as it was during service? I am speaking for my own issues...I was alone in my room and three men burst into my room in the middle of the night, I won't get into details but as I was heading home the next morning due to an emergency at home nothing was done. I was sent home to deal with things on my own....

Is there a police report?
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline AirDet

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 19:10:31 »
Is there a police report?
Jarnhamar is absolutely right. That was an assault and needs to be addressed thru the MPs. Please report this if you haven't already. The CDS is right when he said these crimes against our own people must be stopped. This stuff really urinates me off!

To the original question, yes. Reserves injured in the line of duty are covered. Contact VAC and they will help you thru the process.
Just because an opinion differs doesn't make it any less valid. Remember those who gave their ALL to guarantee freedom of speech.