Author Topic: PPCLI in Afghanistan  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Sil3nt

• Rate Post
PPCLI in Afghanistan
« on: February 06, 2005, 18:04:05 »
Hello there. 

Im trying to figure out if any of the PPCLI battalions or companies were in afganistan in 2003.  Can anyone help me out?  And which dates were they deployed to/from?

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
Re: PPCLI in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 18:07:57 »
Why are you looking for this?...and who are you?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 18:11:13 by Bruce Monkhouse »
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Infanteer

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • Honey Badger FTW!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 18:13:17 »
Change your username, as I am positive that you are not a "SilentSniper"....
"Overall it appears that much of the apparent complexity of modern war stems in practice from the self-imposed complexity of modern HQs" LCol J.P. Storr

Offline 7 - 10 days

• Rate Post
  • "The Grass is Greener!"
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 20:09:36 »
lol, if your asking for "sensitive" info like that then u probobly don't need to know!

Offline Baloo

• For Queen and Country.
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 20:18:27 »
I think he means a Soylent Sniper.  ;)
"In Pace Paratus."

Offline Rider Pride

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Easy to draw, hard to spell
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 20:27:46 »
I don't know,

seach it, google it.

You can check here as well...

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/operations/past_ops_e.asp

And BTW your username does scream "Poser".
"Return with your shield, or upon it."

Offline 2023

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 20:34:56 »
411.ca says he doesn't exist!!!!! Although it is not totally impossible that he does
"Even if you control the physical, you do not control the man. If you control his mind.........then you have him."

Offline pbi

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 22:20:23 »
While I admit that he has a pretty silly title, what is the basis for suggesting that what units we had in Afghanistan at a certain time is "secret"? It is not: we make extensive public announcements of what unit is going, where it is from, etc. There are public farewells and public return celebrations. When the unit is deployed, there are normally interviews with  officers, NCOs and soldiers (ie LCol Denne, LCol Stogran, just to name a couple). Media always visits the deployed units and often goes out on ops. So, what is the actual issue in telling when a certain battalion was deployed?

Cheers
The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools. ...

The true measure of a man is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out...

Offline Sil3nt

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 17:00:15 »
Sorry about my name... i didnt realize it would create such a disturbance.  The meaning behind my name is an online gaming name i was dubbed with.  Im not a poser... its just a nickname.  Anyways sorry about that.  Im curious to know about this, im looking to get into the PPCLI, im 19.  This is just a question i was wondering because Operation Apollo ended in 2003 i thiiink.  Can anyone help me?

Offline Infanteer

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • Honey Badger FTW!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 17:06:03 »
No worries about the name, if you look in the Admin forum where most users are directed to, you'll notice an excellent post that points out that terms like "Sniper" and actual ranks impart a notion of experience in this thread, so you're liable to attract unwanted attention for appearing as a "Sniper" on a forum where genuine ones do post.  You can change it in your profile function.

Search the Current Affairs forum, there is alot of mention about the latest rotation to Afghanistan in the news reports.
"Overall it appears that much of the apparent complexity of modern war stems in practice from the self-imposed complexity of modern HQs" LCol J.P. Storr

Offline 7 - 10 days

• Rate Post
  • "The Grass is Greener!"
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 22:17:48 »
To my knowledge Op Apollo ended July '02, Op Athena is the current mission.  :cdn:

Offline HFXCrow

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 22:31:50 »
Officially OP APOLLO ended for the Army/Airforce-Aug 17/03 and OP ATHENA-TF Kabul stood up.

For the Navy it continued a bit later (OP APOLLO) til Oct 03 and was replaced by OP ALTAIR.(Arabian Gulf-only single ships augmenting US Task Groups)

For OP APOLLO "Tampa-stan" troops the mission evolved in OP FOUNDATION and providing a Canadian prescence in US Centcom (under 10 people)

Hope this helps

Crow.........
Enjoying the ride and doesn't want to get off