Author Topic: Dog Tags  (Read 262168 times)

Offline CFN. Orange

• Rate Post
  • Proud to be Canadian ARTE ET MARTE
    • http://www.25service.ca
Re: dog tags
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2004, 21:17:46 »
ive recieved 2 pairs ...1st one they misspelled my name...the second pair... the changed my blood type...8 months later im still waiting for them
Proud to drink and be Canadian.
True Blue Leafs Fan.
ARTE ET MARTE

R421 Weaps Tech (land)
25 Svc Bn (Toronto)

Offline gryphon664

• Rate Post
  • VVV
    • http://ca.geocities.com/imreglaser
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2004, 22:16:08 »
I recieved my first pair right after basic training.

I recieved a second pair with my permanent ID card. dunno why
Velox Versutus Vigilans!

Per Nuntium Ad Victoriam!

Offline Northern Touch

• Rate Post
  • Not a total FNG
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2004, 22:19:54 »
I guess I was lucky.  My unit actually mailed them up to Meaford for my while I was on course.

Never ask anyone to do something your not willing to do yourself

Offline Carcharodon Carcharias

• Drawing the crabs from Downunder :) WTF is TWL?
  • Banned
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2004, 02:30:03 »
Hey, if these vintage WW2 German I-Discs could talk!

Recently found by Russian POISK volunteers in and around Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad).

After 60+ years they have been unearthed.

May these unkown warriors from country far far away, in a war, not so long ago   RIP

Wes

PS -  Its not hard to figure where the CF got the one piece I-Discs from.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 02:33:13 by Wesley H. Allen, CD »
"You've never lived until you've almost died; as for our freedom, for those of us who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know." - Anonymous

Offline Carcharodon Carcharias

• Drawing the crabs from Downunder :) WTF is TWL?
  • Banned
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2004, 02:35:41 »
Back view of same.
"You've never lived until you've almost died; as for our freedom, for those of us who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know." - Anonymous

Offline ABN RFN

• QOR PARA COY
  • Rate Post
    • QOR of C - Para Coy
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2004, 02:46:23 »
I wear my discs all the time now as well, just to avoid losing then when you need them. Every time we go for a jump, the JM's inspect us to ensure we are wearing them and have removed or taped down all jewelry / watches for safety reasons. I have seen guys grounded by the JM for not having ID discs more than once. Crummy deal, easier to just leave them on.
You Call, We Fall - Ex Coelis AIRBORNE!

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • The puck stops here ('War On Ice'!) Fight Smarter!
    • My pix (on MSN)
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2004, 04:43:08 »
I don't know if somebody higher up has been reading this thread, but ... very recently it came down the chain (no pun intended) for everybody to check and make sure their ID disks were up to date
(apparently, there are some people still wearing ID disks with their SIN number instead of their SN ... which kinda makes me wonder when was the last time these wastes of rations did anything "really Army" but ... let's not get me started on THAT rant ... chuckle - suffice it to say, it makes sense to have random ID disk checks rather than wait until the DAG ...).

As an aside, it's a relief to hear somebody with field experience mention that trick about "gutting" some para cord in order to make them less noisy (and, if they get too "grungy" it's simpleto just throw them in the wash or replace the cord - whichever is easier).

Another aside - I have to thank my tentmate Nathan for introducing me to those tiny/micro LED lights that you can clip onto your tags - it's absolutely worth its' weight in gold to always have a flashlight handy, 24/7 (and the light colour can be a fashion statement ... you should have seen "disco night" in tent B8 ... chuckle!!!)   I've got a good quality LED which I can wear in the shower (from the PX), but I've also seen cheaper/disposable ones for only one dollar at "A Buck or Two" (i.e. great stocking stuffers ...)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 17:02:51 by bossi »
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-Feb 1955 Cbt Forces Journal
Those who appreciate true valour should in their daily intercourse set gentleness first and aim to win the love and esteem of others. If you affect valour and act with violence, the world will in the end detest you and look upon you as wild beasts. Of this you should take heed.
-Emperor Meiji: Rescript to Soldiers and Sailors, 4 January 1883

Offline ABN RFN

• QOR PARA COY
  • Rate Post
    • QOR of C - Para Coy
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2004, 05:11:07 »
You are just chalk full of Christmas gift ideas lately! Hilarious.
You Call, We Fall - Ex Coelis AIRBORNE!

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • My pix (on MSN)
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2004, 05:37:33 »
You are just chalk full of Christmas gift ideas lately! Hilarious.

Hmmm ... and you're just chock full of para puns (i.e. chalk) ... !
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
Those who appreciate true valour should in their daily intercourse set gentleness first and aim to win the love and esteem of others. If you affect valour and act with violence, the world will in the end detest you and look upon you as wild beasts. Of this you should take heed.

Offline Spr.Earl

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Grizzled Old Veteran
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2004, 05:46:48 »
Hmmm ... and you're just chock full of para puns (i.e. chalk) ... !
I'll just roll out of this one.
THE PRECEDING POST AND OTHERS MADE BY MYSELF ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS, NOT FOR REPRODUCTION, NOT FOR CUT AND PASTE OF ANY PORTION THEREOF, NO QUOTES ARE PERMITTED ELSEWHERE,ANYWHERE OTHER THAN EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS WEB FORUM.

UBIQUE
Be Safe

Offline Inch

• Signal Charlie Goodtimes
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • CH124 Driver
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2004, 06:02:19 »
I don't know if somebody higher up has been reading this thread, but ... very recently it came down the chain (no pun intended) for everybody to check and make sure their ID disks were up to date
(apparently, there are some people still wearing ID disks with their SIN number instead of their SN ... which kinda makes me wonder when was the last time these wastes of rations did anything "really Army" but ... let's not get me started on THAT rant ... chuckle - suffice it to say, it makes sense to have random ID disk checks rather than wait until the DAG ...).

Besides the SIN, you're supposed to get new ones if you've still got the aluminium ones instead of the stainless steel tags.
You sir are a moron!
A Mormon? But I'm from Earth.

Offline my72jeep

• It is the duty of all canadians to be prepared to defend thier country
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2004, 22:55:47 »
I allways wear mine as a young sapper I remember being charged by RSM Spruce (4cer) for not wearing them during a suprise inspection.1 days pay or two weeks extra duties.(I took the extras)
funny some of you are have trouble getting them I misplaced mine last year and reported it to the Meat Heads (MP's) had two replacement sets in to weeks just in time to find the misplaced ones.
MA Davidson CD
Wawa,Ont.
Army.ca coin #53

Offline Bomber

• Rate Post
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2004, 09:18:20 »
I felt like I was on dog tag spam, I got 6 pairs in about 2 weeks, 3 years ago, I also received a slew of the name tags for the garrison dress.  I figure these things were all floating in a depot from when I joined and in a massive reshuffle and possible an act of god, some supply guy decided to actually forward something to me that was actually mine.  I am still waiting for a new set of CADPAT name tags, I ordered them about a year ago on line from the CFSU Ottawa site, send an enquiry and was told that I am only entitled to 3 tags, which must have came from a batch held together with spit, dreams, and hope, cause they all delaminated about a month after putting them on the shirts.

"No, Goretex socks stay here, if I give you a pair of size 13's, there will only be 185 pairs of size 13' left, that takes the total down to only 2599 pairs on the shelves.  They are better here than on your feet.  Eyes off of that poncho liner, keep your hands clapping"

Clothing stores blows my mind sometimes

Offline another-Bloggins

• Rate Post
  • is that you John Wayne, is this me?
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2004, 16:16:14 »
The dog tag chain is ment to snap when enough force is applyed. If you put para cord totally around it well...not good. A WO used a guy in my regiment to demonstrate why this was a bad idea. This Cpl happened to have paracord all the way round and happily came out in front to show off his tags. He was then pulled around in about 6 different directions by the WO to prove the point. I have seen any of the guys with paracordaround the tags since.
Chimo!

Offline Dingbat

• Rate Post
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2004, 16:53:05 »
Was that the bridge build w/ the SSM and Cpl M-V?

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC - 5320.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2004, 17:00:59 »
The dog tag chain is ment to snap when enough force is applyed. If you put para cord totally around it well...not good. A WO used a guy in my regiment to demonstrate why this was a bad idea. This Cpl happened to have paracord all the way round and happily came out in front to show off his tags. He was then pulled around in about 6 different directions by the WO to prove the point. I have seen any of the guys with paracordaround the tags since.

You don't replace the chain with paracord. Cut a length of cord slightly shorter than the chain. Pull the guts out of it, and thread the chain through the tube. The chain will still separate if need be.
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • My pix (on MSN)
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2004, 17:02:01 »

Huh?   I thought this discussion was about "dog tags"/ID disks ...

Offline marshall sl

• Rate Post
  • Retired Sergeant
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2004, 17:13:51 »

"No, Goretex socks stay here, if I give you a pair of size 13's, there will only be 185 pairs of size 13' left, that takes the total down to only 2599 pairs on the shelves.   They are better here than on your feet.   Eyes off of that poncho liner, keep your hands clapping"

Clothing stores blows my mind sometimes

Storesman Storesman, watch out for the Storesman!!!  Spins a lie any size, just to protect his supplies!! Watch out for the Storesman!!!
( Sung to the tune   Spiderman, Spiderman ) ;D
The land of hills, glens, and heroes; where the ptarmigan thrives and where the red deer finds shelter; as long as mist hangs o'er the mountains and water runs in the glens, may the deeds of its brave be remembered, and health and victory be with the lads of the Cabar Feidh."

Offline Dingbat

• Rate Post
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2004, 17:23:38 »
Huh?   I thought this discussion was about "dog tags"/ID disks ...

Sorry...I was refering to 2FERSapper's post about a WO dragging a Cpl by his paracorded dogtags.  Back on track now...

Offline another-Bloggins

• Rate Post
  • is that you John Wayne, is this me?
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2004, 21:38:38 »
Yup
Chimo!

Offline canuck#1

• boxla_ne
  • Rate Post
  • I love Canada, if u don't u can leave
    • www.nll.com
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2004, 00:11:19 »
In the CF do u have 2 have dog tags? and can u have your own made or do u have to have the CF make them? sorry if this is a stupid question i m not in the army yet

http://www.jrotcdogtags.com/

aesop081

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2004, 00:13:12 »
I would not get these ( from the site you posted) because who knows what they are made out of..........

Offline Dingbat

• Rate Post
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2004, 00:52:45 »
When you join, just go to the Orderly Room and ask for the sheet for ID Discs.

Fill out all the important info (name, s/n, religion, blood type) and in 6-8 wks, they should be in.  Well...not sure about 6-8wks but they'll come in eventually.

Offline canuck#1

• boxla_ne
  • Rate Post
  • I love Canada, if u don't u can leave
    • www.nll.com
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2004, 01:47:01 »

Offline canadian

• Rate Post
  • dr
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2004, 17:34:38 »
hello Best users

I'm Richard

And i'com from the Netherlands.

Question for which is the bottom dug, at the underside of the canadian identities plate.

Richard

Richard.Dona