Author Topic: Dog Tags  (Read 264288 times)

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • You can deprive the body but the soul needs choco!
Re: dog tags and chest hair
« Reply #350 on: May 31, 2007, 16:42:40 »
HA! light bulb!  :-[

Yes, there is no national registry of blood type for everyone, which a doc
could consult to find out about all the specifics of a patient  :D .
Louvre website

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."  Marcel Proust

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #351 on: May 31, 2007, 20:16:26 »
A question for those who keep their Dog Tags in their pants pocket:

How long is the chain you have on them?

I mean......If someone has to break off half and place the chained half in your mouth and kick your cadaver's jaw shut, is the chain long enough?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline NL_engineer

• CHIMO
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2007, 07:44:41 »
A question for those who keep their Dog Tags in their pants pocket:

How long is the chain you have on them?

I mean......If someone has to break off half and place the chained half in your mouth and kick your cadaver's jaw shut, is the chain long enough?

That's not done any more, the chain with top half of the tag is left around the neck.
Note to any Taliban and AQ personnel on the Form:  ALL SUICIDE VESTS AND EXPLOSIVE DEVICES MUST BE TESTED TO INSURE THEY WORK BEFORE GOING AFTER A TARGET.

This is a measure to save any embarrassment that may occur when your explosive device, does not function as it is intended to.

It has come to my attention that these measures are not being followed, so for all Taliban; please refer to the above.

Thank you for your cooperation

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2007, 07:52:55 »
That's not done any more, the chain with top half of the tag is left around the neck.

And the disc/tag placed in the mouth to protect it from being torn off or destroyed in secondary 'events' such as explosion, napalm, or just transport through 'obstacles', etc. which may occur before the body can be properly recovered.  If it is left in a pocket, then some poor soul under combat conditions may waste precious time trying to find them.  How many times have you misplaced something in a Combat pocket and searched all pockets looking for it?  That is why it is worn around the neck.  STANDARDIZATION.

Why should some poor soul fall victim to enemy fire searching a body of a comrade for their ID Tags?

Everyone who has stated that it doesn't matter where, and that 'they' know who was "on the plane" are only thinking of one casualty.  What about hundreds or thousands of casualties?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Pte. Infantry

• Rate Post
Dog Tags
« Reply #354 on: June 04, 2007, 06:11:56 »
 so on the weekend i had a buddy come over before we went out and he saw my dog tags on my dresser and decides to snap them apart. I was pissed because it took me close to 4 months to get them.
 but the point of this is does anyone know how much its costs to replace them so i know how much he owes me? and also would i just go to the Clerks at the armoury and ask to order new ones or would i go to the kit shop?

i would normally ask someone on a parade night but are armoury has shut down for the summer
tomorrows freedom is fought for today

aesop081

Re: Dog Tags
« Reply #355 on: June 04, 2007, 07:38:38 »
just go to the Clerks at the armoury and ask to order new ones

Yes

Offline Beadwindow 7

• Life is cruel, and I am but a small slice of life
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • ZBM2
« Reply #356 on: June 04, 2007, 07:54:22 »
i would normally ask someone on a parade night but are armoury has shut down for the summer

Your unit will still have some daystaff during the week. Call or find out the hours and go in.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline mover1

• Rate Post
  • I wasn't looking at anybodys birthmark man........
« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2007, 08:14:37 »
3 bucks at Canex (mind you these are blanks)
BUt yes just order new ones from your OR
+600

Offline Pte. Infantry

• Rate Post
« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2007, 08:17:02 »
thanks guys, i didnt think they would be that cheap

Offline geo

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2007, 09:38:36 »
... 1.  don't invite your friend over when you have breakable things lying around and get him to by you a couple of beers to compensate you for the trouble you have to go thru to get them replaced.

2.  put the darned ID Disks away when you aren't wearing them.  Forget about the look cool factor (LCF)

3.  Go to the OR and ask them to order you a new set of disks
Chimo!

Offline Pte. Infantry

• Rate Post
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2007, 09:45:13 »
haha yeah well most of my friends just look at them and check them out, i only have one friend dumb enough to break them. He already bought me a couple beers and said he would pay for them because i thought they would cost about 30$ or so to replace but if there not expensive to replace ill just take the hit for them im not that cheap.

Offline Breacher41

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Per Pietas et Virtus
« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2007, 15:08:55 »
hmmm about dumb friends? I usually stay away from that variety  ::) they're really bad juju...
هناك [هس تو] كنت يستعصي طريق

Offline Dog

• Rate Post
  • NOT a bounty hunter.
« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2007, 15:38:16 »
Yeah, but Medtech, he might be an infanteer... in which case he hardly has a choice....  ;D
Violence must be eradicated,... kill all the violent people you know.

Offline Breacher41

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Per Pietas et Virtus
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2007, 15:40:25 »
*drum beat* heyo!  :D
هناك [هس تو] كنت يستعصي طريق

Offline Inch

• Signal Charlie Goodtimes
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • CH124 Driver
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2007, 17:54:40 »
Not expensive at all, in fact, free.

I ordered a new set when I wanted my religion changed and then a spare set in case I lose mine. So I have 3 sets in total and they cost exactly the square root of jack squat.
You sir are a moron!
A Mormon? But I'm from Earth.

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2007, 17:56:26 »
Feel free not to answer, but I'm curious, you change from what to what ?
Louvre website

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."  Marcel Proust

Offline Inch

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • CH124 Driver
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2007, 18:35:12 »
Feel free not to answer, but I'm curious, you change from what to what ?

Anglican Church of Canada (ACC) to No Religion Expressed (NRE).
You sir are a moron!

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2007, 18:52:37 »
What does it change when you have NRE put on?

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2007, 19:10:54 »
? Maybe the padre won't read a piece of the Bible at your obtuary ?
Louvre website

Offline Inch

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • CH124 Driver
« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2007, 19:44:46 »

Bingo!
+300
You sir are a moron!

Offline alfie

• Rate Post
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2007, 09:44:58 »
As a "Pinky" with the UN in the Sinia we had ours broken as part of the initiation, never asked for new ones and just looped the chain through both.

Offline geo

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2007, 18:57:35 »
Ummm.... so you condone hazing rituals?  (JK :))
Chimo!

Offline NL_engineer

• CHIMO
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #372 on: June 07, 2007, 15:54:46 »

I was told that the religion was on your ID disks, so that a padre of that religion will be on hand for the NOK.
Note to any Taliban and AQ personnel on the Form:  ALL SUICIDE VESTS AND EXPLOSIVE DEVICES MUST BE TESTED TO INSURE THEY WORK BEFORE GOING AFTER A TARGET.

This is a measure to save any embarrassment that may occur when your explosive device, does not function as it is intended to.

It has come to my attention that these measures are not being followed, so for all Taliban; please refer to the above.

Thank you for your cooperation

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #373 on: June 07, 2007, 16:06:54 »
I was told that the religion was on your ID disks, so that a padre of that religion will be on hand for the NOK.

In my case I'm an NRE; my parents however are not. The ID discs represent the members religious beliefs/non-beliefs, and represent how that member wishes to have any ceremony proceeded with. They are not necessarily indicative of the parents wishs.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #374 on: June 07, 2007, 19:51:41 »
In my case I'm an NRE; my parents however are not. The ID discs represent the members religious beliefs/non-beliefs, and represent how that member wishes to have any ceremony proceeded with. They are not necessarily indicative of the parents wishs.

What if you docs said otherwise???