Author Topic: Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread  (Read 337411 times)

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
Re: Had to VR for dumb reasons and want to get back in.
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2005, 19:38:22 »
Top reasons why recruits VR from BMQ:

- My girlfriend or wife can't handle it without me;
- I miss my family;
- Nobody told me it would be this hard; and
- We have to use weapons?
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline Sigs Guy

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2005, 19:46:27 »
I've wondered that myself if a person VR's and then regrets what they did would be allowed to have another crack at it.
"I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. "
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' "

Martin Luther King Jr

Offline mcnutt_p

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2005, 19:58:55 »
A guy that was my BMQ in Aug 2003, VR'd in week,   ran in to him the other day at the CANEX. He was allowed back in but after almost 18 months he said. As he said "they keep losing my records".

Personally, if you quit once, why should they take you back, you are probably just as likely to decide again it is not for you.

It all depends I guess what your reason for leaving in the first place was.
"We are not the Public Service of Canada. We are not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces and our job is to be able to kill people."
-General Rick Hillier, Canadian Army

Offline Island Ryhno

• Rate Post
  • "Tough times go away, Tough people do not"
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2005, 20:10:20 »
I VR'd from BMQ in 01 because my father got diagnosed with terminal cancer. I'm returning to the regs very shortly, I've had no issues.
"A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living."
-John F. Kennedy (JFK)

Offline Raquette

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2005, 01:23:51 »
Island Rhybo, how long did your application took the second time ? Did they ask you in the interview why you quit and did they asked you why you want to get back in ?

Well, anyway, I'll go fill the application sheet this week.

Offline Frank the Tank

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2005, 01:57:25 »
I was wondering the same thing...

I VRed in Feb 2005 because mainly of the pace. I expected it to be hard as I read thru this forum, but I didn't expect the pace to be that fast (the PT gear to shower to combat dress in 8 min killed me). Also, being away from my first girlfriend in a while and being sick didn't help.

Since I got back, from time to time, I find myself missing BMQ and the pace of it.  I thought of going back, but still, I'm not sure if I want to live like that..

I guess I'll just wait to be sure before doing anything.

Frank

Offline Island Ryhno

• Rate Post
  • "Tough times go away, Tough people do not"
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2005, 07:55:51 »
Haven't had a hitch with my application thus far. Dropped my app 2 weeks ago, did my testing last week and everything is good. I have to hand in some med docs and am waiting on my VFS (ex reservist, reg) I don't know how they look upon it. Perhaps not that favourable. I feel that I'm a good candidate though, I always had good per reports in the reserves and even when I left the reg force course the CO for my platoon recommended me as a good candidate to come back. I don't know if that makes any difference, perhaps the reasons are looked upon differently. Cheers
"A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living."
-John F. Kennedy (JFK)

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2005, 09:13:02 »
One VR is usually okay with me.  It is when I have some peckerhead sitting across me who swears up and down that he is ready to make a commitment to the CF after getting in and releasing for 3 or 4 times that I want to reach out and............ :rage:
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.

Offline Vigilant

• Rate Post
  • Soldier
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2005, 11:16:58 »
Compassionate reasons are usually looked upon with sympathy. Dropping out because your girlfriend missed you (who is now your ex-girlfriend) would probably not.

Offline 2 Cdo

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2005, 12:18:48 »
Speaking as a two-time loser ;D I got out of the army after my second BE and almost 4 years later decided to get back in. The reason for rejoining I gave was I needed to feed my wife and kids because as a male I couldn't get a decent job in Bob Rae's Ontario. :threat:

That wasn't the only reason but I did wait almost 6 months to get back in. Those who VR from their basic training and have a change of heart SHOULD  be forced to undergo a waiting period(how long I don't know). Those who have joined and VR'd several times should be told in no uncertain terms to beat it and quit wasting the militarys time! I do realize that in some cases their are extenuating circumstances but lets fact it, anything more than once shows a distinct lack of maturity and absolutely no idea of commitment!

Just one soldiers opinion>
AIRBORNE
2 Cdo 84-88

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2005, 14:46:43 »
Every one who VRs has to wait a minimum of six months prior to reapplying.

Offline Raquette

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005, 02:53:01 »
Well I hate speakin about that but it's actually because of my girlfriend who was threatening to kill herself. She was a serious depressive and had a light schyzophrenia... I dropped out of the army because I was dumb enough to think I was saving her.... But after several month spent with her, I left her because she was poisoning my life...

Compter

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2005, 10:43:27 »
hey there

I VR for a stupid reason (wife) and I got back in this past October. It was a bit of a pain because they want to make sure you won't do it again(which is understandable). Just keep at it and make sure they know you want it bad. I was in the recruiting office at least once a week.

good luck

later

Offline Vigilant

• Rate Post
  • Soldier
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2005, 19:39:04 »
Well I hate speakin about that but it's actually because of my girlfriend who was threatening to kill herself. She was a serious depressive and had a light schyzophrenia... I dropped out of the army because I was dumb enough to think I was saving her.... But after several month spent with her, I left her because she was poisoning my life...

Wow, if it was that bad you can't really help her, she had to want to help herself and get professional treatment.

Good luck, and explain the situation. Hope you get back in. But just make sure things are taken care of before you leave.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 20:33:49 by Vigilant »

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2005, 19:56:42 »
Wow, if it was that bad you can't really help her, she had to want to help herself and get professional treatment.

Good luck, and explain the situation. You'll probably get back in. But just make sure things are taken care of before you leave.

You don't know that for certain Vigilant, so I would keep that kind of speculation to yourself.
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Raquette

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2005, 23:30:12 »
Compter How long did the second application progress took and when did you VR'ed the first time ?

Offline Benoit

• Fallen Comrade
  • Pte. (R)
Recurit school by-pass
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2005, 08:39:56 »
Just woundering if anybody has enlisted into the forces under recurit school by-pass and how long did it take from the time they submitted your name for a job offer to the actual date when u got one. I was just woundering about this because i would imagine that a person going into the forces under R S B P would be selected quicker then a normal recurit. Anyways hit me back let me know. :salute:
God I love it, God help me I do.
Gen.George Patton

Offline Hummel

• Rate Post
Re: Recurit school by-pass
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2005, 15:13:08 »
 :skull:
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson --

Offline Hummel

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2005, 15:17:04 »
Well that didnt go the way I wanted  it to... Try this again here.
Ok well some ppl in St Jean end up in a holding Platoon after basic , so I mean it could really go either way from my experience. You could be waiting a year for your trade or you could wait 2 weeks. Thats my experience. Maybe they have changed things in the last few years.......
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson --

Offline Bert

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2005, 15:26:56 »
There is no recruit school by-pass from my understanding.  Taken from another perspective, recruits (NCM) enter
the reg forces under three streams; unskilled, semi-skilled, and skilled.  You can find info and criteria in the CF
recruiting site.  The skilled stream are recruits who were members of the CF (or others militaries in special cases)
in the past and are allowed an excemption from BMQ.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2005, 15:32:20 »
Sure there is recruit school by-pass just read here: http://www.recruiting.dnd.ca/engraph/enrollment/index_e.aspx?id=11

Offline Bert

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2005, 15:40:20 »
Yeah, the description doesn't provide much context but its referring to the skilled recruit stream.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2005, 16:08:13 »
If you take a look at the infantry profile, you'll notice that there is no skilled entry as reserve infantry has to do their BIQ over in the reg force. So the most they can get is
recruit school by-pass.

Offline Bert

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2005, 20:40:17 »
Sorry Menion, I was referring to the CF general recruiting entry plans.   Prior military service and trade experience of the
applicants is assessed on a case-by-case basis.   We might be referring to different things. 
Wheres Kincanucks when you need him?

Offline hayter,

• Ace
  • Rate Post
I want to get back in the primary reserves, R031
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2005, 09:21:06 »
What should I except when joining backup. I have been out for 7 years. I completed my QL2/QL3 at petawawa summer 1994, 6 weeks at CFS Alert with 1 CEU, southern strike 1995. I also have 5 years in the army cadets. So do you think i will have to redo my BMQ/QL2. The unit I am trying to join is the Grey and Simcoe foresters Owensoud, so if that is your unit please respond I would like to meet some people from the unit.