Author Topic: Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread  (Read 340593 times)

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: IMPROVED PROCEDURES TO RETURN TO REGULAR FORCE SERVICE
« Reply #475 on: September 23, 2010, 23:11:41 »
It depends.  If you're a Pte/Cpl, probably not.  If you're a Sgt or above, it may.

Even trades that are overborne may accept direct entry into ranks that are stressed.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Flips13

• Rate Post
Former 3VP
« Reply #476 on: October 25, 2010, 23:31:32 »
Hey Everyone,

I have looked through these forums for about an hour or so and have not found the answers i been looking for yet. My background is this: i was in 3vp para mountain company for 3 years. 09 i got out in Aug. My original plan was to re join into the Navy since i heard that this was the fastest way and the recruiters told me so. Once i got out the economy went downhill and the navy stopped recruiting untill the following year 2010. I have been unsuccessful in getting back into the Military as Navy i was looking to Boatswain or sonar. Last week i talked to a recruiter in Nanaimo BC since that's where i'm from and i'm pretty much a shoe in to get into the infantry reserves. Now my question is, Is it possible to OT out of the infantry reserves into Reg Navy. The only reason i think it is possible because i will have my foot in the door since i will be in the Military. Thanks.

Chris.

Edit: I went  on the Supp. Reserve List. before i got out.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 23:56:17 by Flips13 »

Offline ArmyRick

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • What the????
Re: Former 3VP
« Reply #477 on: October 26, 2010, 01:25:19 »
If you recently left the patricias then it should not be too much of a stretch to enroll you in the PRes as a trained infantryman. Then you can put in a CT when its availible for your trade your looking for. BUT, big but, you make sure you play by the rules and attend at least 80% of the parade nights and exercises. That will keep you from going NES and then ending up with a 5D or 5F release (That will ruin your future plans).

Cheers and good luck. 
I am NOT a privileged white man by virtue of being male or white. I am privileged because I am alive and exercising my right to be who I am!

Offline jgies44

• Rate Post
rejoining
« Reply #478 on: January 03, 2011, 19:57:57 »
first time using a forum. i was in the reseves when i was 16 i quit shortly after i completed my bmq and bmql.i have recently been thinking about rejoining hoping if somone could give some info about rejoining and conditions. thanks

Offline raindrops

• Rate Post
Re: rejoining
« Reply #479 on: January 03, 2011, 20:23:04 »
I'm sure everything you need to know is in the threads you just have to look  :P

aesop081

Re: rejoining
« Reply #480 on: January 03, 2011, 20:27:38 »
first time using a forum. i was in the reseves when i was 16 i quit shortly after i completed my bmq and bmql.i have recently been thinking about rejoining hoping if somone could give some info about rejoining and conditions. thanks

1- Go to CFRC or reserve unit you wish to join;
2- Say "I used to be in, habe BMQ and BMQ-L; and
3- say "i would like to re-join"; and
4- Follow instructions given by staff.

Offline Sigger

• Rate Post
« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2011, 16:13:50 »
Greetings,

I was just advised by my recruiter that he has never seen this CANFORGEN and believes it has been superseded by another. He mentioned I will likely not be taken through this route, but by the regular recruiting process. 

Advice?
-VVV-

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2011, 16:22:22 »
How long have you been out? Did you release to the supp res?

Offline Sigger

• Rate Post
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2011, 16:36:16 »

How long have you been out? Did you release to the supp res?

3 years. Released Item 5c

No. Why would releasing to supp res affect the CANFORGEN(forgive my ignorance)?
-VVV-

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2011, 16:41:09 »
Its far easier to get back in from the Supp Res, your file is held. Dollars to donuts your pers file went to the Archives at NDHQ, and it would be longer to find it than to go through the recruiting process. Best guess is you'll get at least semi-skilled entry (recruit school bypass). If you have your course reports still, provide those and they may PLAR your QL3 as well.

Offline Sigger

• Rate Post
« Reply #485 on: January 05, 2011, 16:46:52 »
Perhaps I misunderstood the CANFORGEN, as it seems to me you are in contradiction to it..

-VVV-

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #486 on: January 05, 2011, 16:52:00 »
If the recruiting center is telling you this is superseeded, I'd go with what they're telling you. The army doesn't owe you anything to bring you back, a few years ago you might have had to redo BMQ/SQ.

Offline Sigger

• Rate Post
« Reply #487 on: January 05, 2011, 18:41:51 »
When I hear a recruiter incorrectly describing a trade to another, I dont go with much they say..
I am just dumbfounded a recruiter was not familiar with a CANFORGEN directly related to their job..

And no, a few years ago, I would not have needed to redo BMQ(in my situation). I really am not concerned with the length of time it takes to get back in, as regardless of time, I will be a soldier again.

Anyways, Thank you for your advise.

Does anyone(else) know anything about this document? Are there any new amendments or superseding docs?
-VVV-

Offline Flips13

• Rate Post
Re: Former 3VP
« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2011, 15:47:34 »
Hey Everyone,

I have looked through these forums for about an hour or so and have not found the answers i been looking for yet. My background is this: i was in 3vp para mountain company for 3 years. 09 i got out in Aug. My original plan was to re join into the Navy since i heard that this was the fastest way and the recruiters told me so. Once i got out the economy went downhill and the navy stopped recruiting untill the following year 2010. I have been unsuccessful in getting back into the Military as Navy i was looking to Boatswain or sonar. Last week i talked to a recruiter in Nanaimo BC since that's where i'm from and i'm pretty much a shoe in to get into the infantry reserves. Now my question is, Is it possible to OT out of the infantry reserves into Reg Navy. The only reason i think it is possible because i will have my foot in the door since i will be in the Military. Thanks.

Chris.

Edit: I went  on the Supp. Reserve List. before i got out.

Hey,

So it's been a couple months since i last posted this, and as an update i have got into the reserves from the supp. res. list. As soon as i got in they wanted to promote me and put me on mod 6 for Mcpl.  Since i'm more qualified then most of the people there.

Now my question is, should i wait to put in my CT OT to the Navy till April when more open up or put it in now. I see they have some occupations ''in demand'' on the forces.ca site. I mean i'm just using the reserves to get into the navy instead of going through the recruiters not that i have anything against the Reserves i would just like to be full time in the navy.

Thanks,

And, thanks for the response ArmyRick. Appreciate it.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Rejoining / Reenrolling after a VR
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2011, 15:55:05 »
Take your PLQ for sure, won't have to do it in the RegF.

Is the Navy trade you want one of the In demand jobs? Your CT/OT could take a little while, so if that's your ultimate goal, apply now. You can delay your transfer to finish the PLQ if you're course loaded as long as you take the CT/OT within the same fiscal year.

Offline thewildandelusivebacon

• Rate Post
Maximum reinlisment age
« Reply #490 on: January 08, 2011, 09:36:52 »
If I was an officer already, what would maximum age I can reinlist, thanks.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Maximum reinlisment age
« Reply #491 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:55 »
Are you? And why do you ask?

One enrolls in the Canadian Forces by the way, rather than enlisting.

Offline Navalsnipr

• Rate Post
« Reply #492 on: January 08, 2011, 09:54:56 »
In my experience, I've seen NCM's come back into the RegF up to the age of 48 with a 5 year contract.
-----------------------------------
Don't Run, You'll just die tired.
CF Sports Hall of Fame - Combat Shooting
CF Elite 50
Queen's Medal for Champion Shot (RegF) - 2009

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Maximum reenlistment age
« Reply #493 on: January 08, 2011, 10:04:19 »
Have we not covered this question thousands of times already?  The answers are always the same.  Why do we always have to answer some lazy soul's questions on Age Limits - Regular Force or Age Limits - Reserves

Reenlistment is also a topic covered dozens of times on this site, so it is also an option to SEARCH.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

• Rate Post
« Reply #494 on: January 08, 2011, 10:36:56 »
You guys dont understand, I mean is there forced retirement?

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #495 on: January 08, 2011, 10:40:41 »

55. A small extention from there is possible under strict circumstance.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

• Rate Post
« Reply #496 on: January 08, 2011, 10:41:16 »
I searched, could not find anything.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #497 on: January 08, 2011, 10:42:42 »

You claimed to have been an officer?  Your question has me baffled?  Of course there is forced retirement.  When you reach CRA you have to retire.  That is also explained in the links I posted.  Are you sure you are whom you claim to be?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #498 on: January 08, 2011, 10:44:06 »
I searched, could not find anything.

See reply #331 here.   ::)
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2011, 10:44:13 »

We did not understand because you did not ask that question.

Compulsory Release Age (CRA) is sixty.

That, too, can be found here by using the Search Function.