Author Topic: Mess Kits  (Read 153835 times)

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
Re: Mess Kits
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2016, 11:03:51 »
Was about 4-6 weeks if I remember correctly from Andrei's, they might be able to rush it for you.

It's only been a day, but I'm still waiting on confirmation of order and quote from Andrei's so hopefully I'll ask what he can do for me.

Now I know their website says they have Wellingtons in stock, however, does anyone know the price? I've tried a few other places but none that come with spur boxes, and the places that do, are either UK companies or egregiously expensive.

Boulet doesn't seem to have any (anymore). I don't really know where else to look, I'm tempted to just order a pair of George or Chelsea boots from the UK... But with shipping and duty, it may not even be worth it.
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

sandyson

« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2016, 13:35:20 »
Many many years ago, I used to recommend people check with the local RCMP detachment--not for their riding boots but for boxed quarter Wellingtons.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2016, 14:34:09 »
Many many years ago, I used to recommend people check with the local RCMP detachment--not for their riding boots but for boxed quarter Wellingtons.

You sir, are brilliant! There's one nearby, I'll ask and see if there's anything they can do.
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2016, 11:33:13 »
You sir, are brilliant! There's one nearby, I'll ask and see if there's anything they can do.
Alberta Boot in Cowtown makes them. A fine company. So if you're ever in YYC pop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2016, 19:00:49 »
Anyone seen success before in converting mess kits between patterns? I have my dad's old LogO mess jacket that he handed down to me, and I'm wanting to look at getting it converted to a highland infantry regiment's NCO jacket for wear with mess dress. I know jack squat about mess dress and if I'm even in the right ball park thinking this may be possible.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2016, 19:52:53 »
Would depend on what facings your unit uses. I just looked at my mess kit, and it looks fairly complex to change the facings and the cuffs (which is basically everything that changes in a mess kit). Definitely need a real good tailor to attempt it.

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2016, 21:00:09 »
Anyone seen success before in converting mess kits between patterns? I have my dad's old LogO mess jacket that he handed down to me, and I'm wanting to look at getting it converted to a highland infantry regiment's NCO jacket for wear with mess dress. I know jack squat about mess dress and if I'm even in the right ball park thinking this may be possible.
John the Tailor in Edmonton altered my mess kit for me, changed the crows feet, altered for size etc.  He did a fine job and there were quite a few mess kits hung up in his shop when I was there in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ethanyugig

• Rate Post
Where to get Mess Kit in Alberta.
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2017, 13:22:11 »
Hi all,
Just find out Andrei master tailor permanently closed their location in Edmonton.
So where can I order a set of Mess Kit in Alberta?
I am in Calgary, may go to Edmonton if necessary.

Thanks guys!!!

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
Re: Where to get Mess Kit in Alberta.
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2017, 14:56:03 »
HI guys,

Just learned andrei master tailor permanently closed their location in Edmonton.
So where can I order a set of Mess Kit in Alberta.
I am in Calgary, may go to Edmonton if necessary.

Thanks Guys

John The Tailor in Edmonton City Centre

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
Re: Where to get Mess Kit in Alberta.
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2017, 17:16:49 »
John The Tailor in Edmonton City Centre

Second this.  I went to him to have my mess kit altered.  Good quality work and fair rates.