Author Topic: Sentences breaking up  (Read 2878 times)

Offline FastEddy

• Banned
  • Rate Post
Sentences breaking up
« on: July 10, 2005, 18:17:41 »

Sorry to bother you MIKE with this trivia. When in typing ,spell check and preview modes my post looks fine.
however when I post two or three words at the end of my last paragraph will drop down a space and then another space and continue. What am I doing wrong  ?.

Thank a Million.
Discipline By Example

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Re: Sentences breaking up
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 10:04:36 »
I don't think it's anything you're doing in particular... do you have an example post I can check out?

Offline FastEddy

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 09:56:15 »
I don't think it's anything you're doing in particular... do you have an example post I can check out?

Sorry about that, its same regardless of Thread, Here's sample:

The Canadian Army/Replace MPs with the RCMP/Page 3
Discipline By Example

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 10:32:51 »
Seen. I had a look at the post and I can see what you mean but there's no obvious cause. What Operating System and web browser are you using? Are you cutting and pasting your replies from another source such as Word?

Offline FastEddy

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 04:19:03 »
Seen. I had a look at the post and I can see what you mean but there's no obvious cause. What Operating System and web browser are you using? Are you cutting and pasting your replies from another source such as Word?

OS is XP Professional, MSN for Browser and no pasting or cutting, I just type to almost the end of page and if it looks like I'm not going to get my next full word on that line, I space and continue.
Discipline By Example

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 08:21:11 »
When you say you "space and continue" when you near the end of the line, does that mean you just hit the space bar, or the enter key? There's no need to do anything special near the end of a line, your browser will automatically wrap the text around to the next line as you type.

Offline Island Ryhno

• Rate Post
  • "Tough times go away, Tough people do not"
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 08:40:11 »
Mike, this is the same problem I had earlier this year. The cause for my problem was I had the text on larger or largest and it distorted all my sentences. I had to put the text size back on medium and it worked fine. Don't know if it is that simple for FastEddy but it may be worth a try.
"A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living."
-John F. Kennedy (JFK)

Offline FastEddy

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 01:07:47 »
When you say you "space and continue" when you near the end of the line, does that mean you just hit the space bar, or the enter key? There's no need to do anything special near the end of a line, your browser will automatically wrap the text around to the next line as you type.

I hit the Enter Key. With regard to 'Island Ryhno's' thought, no I haven't changed the text  size.

Discipline By Example

Offline FastEddy

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 03:04:05 »

I hit the Enter Key. With regard to 'Island Ryhno's' thought, no I haven't changed the text   size.

Gentlemen, forgive me, its my fault. As Mike pointed out the Wrap around works just fine, it doesn't need me to help or second guess it. I was hitting the Enter Key before the Wrap around could do its job. As this paragraph has turned out just fine. Again sorry to have taken up your time and thanks for the quick responses.
Discipline By Example

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 08:40:58 »
No worries, glad we've figured things out.

Cheers
Mike