Author Topic: Return of NDI 75: Veteran Service Card [Merged]  (Read 162406 times)

Offline spoon

• Rate Post
Re: Return of NDI 75: Veteran Service Card [Merged]
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:41 »
I served in the canadian military for  only 3 years. Are there any card besides the NDI 75, or CF 75  which require 10 years of service to get that i qualify for.  My situation is with marine atlantic whom has a promotion on where they are giving a discount for military personel, veterans, etc. They are requiring both of these cards, and the vac card of which i have neither. I only have my certificate of service with the date i joined and the date of honorable release. Is there anyone out there that can help me out. Thanks, 8141 chuck.

I'm in a similar boat. As I understand the definition of veteran including any member who completed MOC training, I believe I qualify having served for a year following 3 years training and then on Supplementary Reserve for another 8 years or so.  However, NDI 75 is for 10 years of service, not including Supplementary. Were you able to find another form of card, 8141 chuck?

Offline 57Chevy

widower.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 19:22:14 »
this may help for both your queries....reply #1: http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=55981.0

Offline 57Chevy

widower.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 19:30:24 »
In addition to that.. I was wondering if anyone knew if members with less than 10 years service who are 3a, or 3b medical released - are they issued any sort of photo id  - in comparison to the CF 75? I was told in passing once that it was possible to be issued a CF 75 with less than 10 years service if you are  released under 3a, or 3b medical release, and were Reg F.

I have looked every where to support that information, but have had no luck. If anyone knows the answer please let me know!

Yours too snowball:

ELIGIBILITY

5.     Effective 31 January 2000, forms CF 54 and CF 75 shall be issued
to a member who has completed 10 or more years service in any component
of the Canadian Forces (CF) or who, at the time of release, was entitled
to an immediate annuity.  The only exception is that these documents will
not be issued to members released under item 1 (misconduct) or 2
(unsatisfactory service).

same link as above.

Offline MommyB

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 10:20:07 »
I just spoke with  DMCARM-4
They informed me that you CAN use your certificate
of service as proof of your Military employment. It is
8x10 so carrying it around in your pocket wouldn't be advised.
You can request additional copies from DMCARM-4 in Ottawa.
1-866-240-6726.

I feel that any former member of the CAF who
received an honorable or medical discharge should in fact be entitled
to a NDI 75. Times have changed and the reasons for it initial use
are obsolete. Mr MacKay it's time you brought in legislation to reflect
the needs of today's solider as well as the others who have given service
of less than 10 years. Some of these veterans of WW1 WW2 Korea and other
battles. Many only had a few years service and they too are being exempted from the NDI 75 .

We deserve to be recognized for our service regardless of length !!

aesop081

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 12:10:11 »
Some of these veterans of WW1 WW2 Korea and other
battles.

No one, alive today and that is without a card is a WW1 veteran.

We deserve to be recognized for our service regardless of length

If you need a CF 75 to make you feel good about your service, you have much bigger issues. Lets start giving out the CD on BMQ graduation then, i'm sure people who leave the forces after a year deserve recognition too.

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 18:13:02 »
Apparently for ex service members, I am told one can obtain a "record of service" card that can be used for discounts etc. Does anyone have more information on this? Cheers and thanks!   

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 18:25:34 »
See here for the application.  You need to have more than 10 years service I believe.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 18:40:33 by mariomike »

Offline Sythen

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 18:44:12 »
So I had to renew my license, and while there I asked about Veteran's plates. The woman at the counter gave me an application form, and told me I would need to bring in my Veteran ID card. I told her I had never gotten one, and she said it was necessary. I called my case manager VAC and asked her and she said no such thing existed to her knowledge. The woman at Service Ontario was very insistent that there is a Veteran ID card with a picture, etc on it to prove I am a Vet and that she had seen one every time people came in. Anyone know what this is, or how I go about getting one?
Written on Soldier’s Tower, University of Toronto:

Their story is not graven only on stone over their native earth, but lives on far away, without visible symbol, woven into the stuff of other men’s lives

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools.  Let's start with typewriters."
Frank Lloyd Wright, architect

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 18:47:29 »
Anyone know what this is, or how I go about getting one?

This may help.

NDI 75 - Record of Service ID Card 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=33531.0

Offline Sythen

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 18:48:43 »
Very much appreciated!
Written on Soldier’s Tower, University of Toronto:

Their story is not graven only on stone over their native earth, but lives on far away, without visible symbol, woven into the stuff of other men’s lives

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools.  Let's start with typewriters."
Frank Lloyd Wright, architect

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 18:48:59 »
She means the NDI 75 Record of Service card.  You only get one if you've served more than 10 years.  You don't need it for a veteran's plate.

All that's required to get a veteran's plate (in Ontario) is to follow the instructions at http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/plates.shtml, and submit the form found on that page.  The form has to be sent over to the Legion first so they can get their $5 cut to verify you're a veteran.

Offline bwatch

• Long may your lums reak
  • Rate Post
  • This is me in Montreal
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 15:39:43 »
They should have one ID that fits everyone.  Right now, if you have less then 10 years, all you get is a VAC Card, only if you have an injury and the 1 Card. Problem is they are not ID Cards, they only act as proof of service and in many cases, like for Shades of Green in Orlando, these cards, not even the ND 75 are not good enough and this comes from them.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 15:55:28 »
They should have one ID that fits everyone.  Right now, if you have less then 10 years, all you get is a VAC Card, only if you have an injury and the 1 Card. Problem is they are not ID Cards, they only act as proof of service and in many cases, like for Shades of Green in Orlando, these cards, not even the ND 75 are not good enough and this comes from them.

???

I am not sure what you are getting at.   Are you trying to say that there should only be one card, like this

DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5185.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 17:26:46 »

They are not good enough for them because:

"Military personnel of foreign nations and their family members when assigned or attached to a U.S. military unit or installation or on U.S. Travel Orders.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/eligibility.htm

So it doesn't matter what card you have, you don't meet the above criteria and you don't get in. Their playground, their rules.
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline Chief Engineer

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 18:07:00 »

Apparently you can get discounted tickets from the shades of green hotel. Proof that you are a veteran is needed.
"When your draught exceeds your depth, you are most assuredly aground"

All opinions stated are not official policy of the CF and of a private individual

كافر

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 10:14:48 »
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE — NDI 75

1. Concerning the possible entitlement to a Record of
Service Card - NDI 75.
Note - this is often mistakenly referred to as a Veteran’s
Card or Veterans Identification card, in essence it is a
pocket size Certificate of the member’s record of service.
Thus Record of Service Card.

2. The Record of Service Card - NDI 75 is issued to
members leaving or who have left the Canadian Forces,
with 10 or more years of service.

3. If you meet the eligibility criteria, use the application
form attached. It is imperative the information required
is legible. Complete with the member’s: Service
Number, Military ID Number or Social Insurance
Number. Two colour passport–type photographs
measuring 1½” x 2”. Processing time after this office
receives the application, is approximately
3–6 months to mail the card to applicant.

Mail to:

Record of Service Card - NDI 75
Director Military Careers Administration 4
National Defence Headquarters
MGen George R. Pearkes Building
101 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa ON K1A 0K2

4. Replacement of the Record of Service Card -
NDI 75 may be requested with a cost of $15.00 payable
in the form of a Postal Money Order made payable to the
Receiver General for Canada.

LINKS:

http://www.cpva.ca/webpages_e/veterans/ndi.htm

NOTE:

If links don't work; try using Google.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:17:21 by George Wallace »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2014, 18:15:34 »
Petro Canada is offering 3c per litre off of up to 200L per month if you have a CF-1 card.

https://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/independent/5741.aspx

This card has been meaningless to me since it started.
With no ND20 or 75, what have I had to prove my service or eligibility?
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2014, 18:27:17 »
Does the online application require you to send in copies of your docs?

https://www.cfmws.com/en/OurServices/CFOne/Pages/Register.aspx
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2014, 21:59:14 »
Nope it doesn't, I just registered.   Just wants service number and date of enrollment.  :). In about 5minutes after the CFOne registration it emailed me a confirmation which included a card number in the email.  (So you can register for the petrocan card right after)

In 10 days I will have myself a fuel card!

However, if you are a veteran, they want a copy of your NDI 75 included with the application.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 02:46:42 »
finally a reason to brush the dust off it from my wallet
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline ueo

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2015, 15:49:39 »
Do all of the above and wait. Just heard from DMCA 4 that there is a 11 month backlog.
Take the tone of the company you are with. Lord Chesterfield

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2015, 12:42:50 »
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2015, 12:48:25 »
And a promise on the campaign trail to replace the NDI 75:

http://www.conservative.ca/harper-conservatives-to-issue-new-canadian-veterans-card-to-all-military-veterans-2/

Looks like the prelude to opening/reopenning up Veterans Affairs Offices and employing more at Veterans Affairs to deal with the management, photographing of Veterans and issuing of these cards. 

As with other forms of official identification, the CVC card will be renewed and updated every 10 years. There will be no cost to the Veteran for renewing the CVC. The renewal will also provide VAC with the opportunity to renew contact with the Veteran and ensure that he/she is receiving all the benefits and services which may be required.

Offline kratz

Laughter drives the sun.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2015, 13:27:32 »
The back of the NDI75, centered on the bottom, clearly states in both languages:
"This is not an identification card"

1.  I think it's convenient to refer to the card as a form of official identification
contrary to what the actual card states.

2.  Currently, the NDI75 does not have a date issued or expiry date. Considering the trouble veterans are encountering
to receive their initial issue of the card, now someone wants to reel them in every 10 years? No, I don't think that idea will float very well. Those that already have veterans ID will continue to use what they have, defeating the reasoning behind an expiry date.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 13:36:24 by kratz »
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.