Author Topic: Re: Plagiarism and you  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -5620.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Re: Plagiarism and you
« on: February 01, 2006, 16:41:46 »
I don't know if it needs moving, or where to, but it definitely needed to be said on the site. Maybe we can stickie it in the Conduct Guidelines. We try hard to get people to follow the guidelines about being able to back their info, and to not use rumour, but, c'est la vie. The really bothersome ones, are the ones who've never spent a day in the military, but surf the net, pulling stories and reports and then trying to post them as their own knowledge. Once or twice, maybe, but five or six a day? Jumping into the middle of a thread with a useless bit of info from the internet, and then not being able to defend the position because they really know nothing about it. Being good with Google or taking strategic or military studies in school, does nowhere near make an expert. Although some do get jobs doing it, and passing themselves to major stations as "military experts". To a civie they sound plausible, to a soldier, they sound like self serving idiots.

Thanks 3rd :salute:
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 20:03:27 »
Excellent post, thanks for the concise information. If you don't mind, I'd like to append this to the Guidelines for future reference.

Thanks
Mike

Online Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 21:27:04 »
..or you could just put it in your na....DOH!!
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline 3rd Herd

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Cave ab homine unius libri
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 02:11:43 »
Excellent post, thanks for the concise information. If you don't mind, I'd like to append this to the Guidelines for future reference.

Thanks
Mike

Feel free Mike
"if he was to be hanged for it, he told his brother, he could not accuse a man whom he believed had meant well, and whose error was one of judgment, not of intention"
Wellington

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Re: Re: Plagiarism and you
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 07:52:18 »
Thanks... I've merged it with the official Guidelines. I kept it out for a few days so it would "stand out" and hopfefully get some additional reads.