Author Topic: Recce logo  (Read 23197 times)

Offline Vladimer

• Rate Post
Recce logo
« on: March 26, 2006, 23:17:46 »
hey guys, wasent sure which forum to put this under so just ended up with this one,

im looking for a logo thats on the recce shirts, not sure how to describe it, remember it being on a greyish shirt with the word RECCE on it.

looking for it in a picture thats like this
http://users.skynet.be/little_donkey/LRRP/lrrp_newlogo.jpg
the word recce should take up the entire picture

(just used that image to show an example, i know it dont look anything like that)

well i hope someone understands what i mean lol just looking for the lettering RECCE on a picture or shirt :)

MikeL

Re: Recce logo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 00:54:37 »
I've seen a few guys in Edmonton Garrison wearing black shirts with a RECCE tab on the centre(basicially a copy of the Ranger tab shirts).

What do you want a Recce logo/pic for anyways?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 00:57:49 by MikeL »

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:37:44 »
I've seen a few guys in Edmonton Garrison wearing black shirts with a RECCE tab on the centre(basicially a copy of the Ranger tab shirts).

Yep...seen those in KAF as well. Looks stupid as hell.

They couldn't come up with an original logo?    ::)

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline RecceDG

• Rate Post
  • Carpe terram inferam!
    • Far North Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:57:38 »
Recce doesn't need a logo - recce soldiers should never be seen. ;)

DG
D. Grant

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 11:02:18 »
Recce doesn't need a logo - recce soldiers should never be seen. ;)

...and I know we don't have one    ;)

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline GO!!!

• Fallen Comrade
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Often have I regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 16:22:37 »
Well, there is;

1) the "tab"

2) the crossed knives for your DEUs

3) the snake/bayonet (sometimes with wings for para)

4) the skull/bayonet (also used for Abn Mortars)

(and my favorite)

5) the skull/snake/bayonet/wings/parachute with crossed knives and "recce" written accross the top.

Most of these are just designed and made up in limited numbers by the guys in Recce Pl. Sometimes they get carried away...

No leader was ever hated for being too hard, but a great many were for attempting to appear that way.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 17:31:48 »
5) the skull/snake/bayonet/wings/parachute with crossed knives and "recce" written accross the top.

BBBBWWWWAAAAAWAWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

:rofl:

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Rory

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 18:23:39 »
You have to be kidding me? Thats taking the coveted LCF to the extreme, a retarded extreme. I mean sure have pride in your job but for the love of God don't be a tool trying to accomplish that prideful look.  ;D
------------
Honour and Pride, they are the currency of a soldier.

Offline GO!!!

• Fallen Comrade
  • Army.ca Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 16:34:50 »
Well, perhaps you should come here and explain to recce platoon what a bunch of "tools" they look like.... ;D
No leader was ever hated for being too hard, but a great many were for attempting to appear that way.

Offline Sheep Dog AT

• The Fly in Someone's Ointment - Giggity
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 16:39:59 »
Your logo should say this
"RECCE!  Couldn't find the handle on a coffee cup. Hooray"

;D
Apparently infamous for his one liners.
Oh Giggity Well...........Giggity

Offline Patrolman

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 17:57:50 »
Whether it be a logo on a shirt ,a tab ,a medal whatever. They all inspire Esprit de Corps. Something for the new guy to strive towards. What looks stupid some looks like gold to others. The Recce course is one of the toughest TQ 4 courses out there,both physically and mentally. So once you have completed the course it doesn't matter how stupid the shirt or badge looks you are proud to wear it. It allows you to show others what you have accomplished. Kind of like a resume. I agree with Go. If you think it looks stupid just walk into any Recce stores in the CF and tell them their shirts are dumb and see what happens.

Offline Rory

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 18:05:27 »
I didn't exactly mean the shirt as a whole but when someone noted theyve seen every single bell and whistle on it then well its kind of overkill in my mind. I didn't mean to reference the recce troops as tools. As doing such I have made myself seem a tool. :blotto: Karma.
------------
Honour and Pride, they are the currency of a soldier.

Offline Hmm donuts!

• Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 22:09:13 »
As long as your not looking for them cheezy 1 VP shirts that say MECCHI, the back reads,"go mech yourself before you reck yourself". We've seen them here in KAF, pretty gay and whatever that statement means, who knows?
Don't forget your ballistic glasses!

Offline GO!!!

• Fallen Comrade
  • Army.ca Veteran
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 22:43:31 »
How about "Death before dismount" or "Why drive the body when you can drive a LAV?"

;D

Offline bobthebui|der

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I got a axe
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 22:52:57 »
In Meaford, sketched into one of the bathroom walls it says "You know you're weak, when your kit carries you..."

I think it was more of a jab at the Armour Corp than Mech, but it still works.  :D
The true measure of a man is how well he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good

Munit Haec et Altera Vincit

"2..4..6..8..tiptoe, sneak, and infiltrate, yaaaaaay, recce!" - Kat Stevens

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 23:02:48 »
Eons ago I instructed a recce course, and the t-shirt the troops designed was hilarious:

A soldier in a combat uniform and field cap sitting in the cross legged "lotus" position, floating just above the ground.

The logo above the picture read ****, (the course number, can't remember now) "Zen Recce"

I guess you had to see it  ;D
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.

Online Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 23:22:49 »
No recce cheerleaders?  "2..4..6..8..tiptoe, sneak, and infiltrate, yaaaaaay, recce!"
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC - 5320.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 03:01:40 »
No recce cheerleaders?  "2..4..6..8..tiptoe, sneak, and infiltrate, yaaaaaay, recce!"
[/b]

...but said in a whisper ;)
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 10:13:40 »
The Recce course is one of the toughest TQ 4 courses out there,both physically and mentally.

There is an actual course? When I got into recce (a million years ago    ;)    ) it was all OJT and the learning curve was pretty high.
After all these years I'm still learning and expanding my job knowledge.

If you think it looks stupid just walk into any Recce stores in the CF and tell them their shirts are dumb and see what happens.

Must be a VP thing to have your own kit shop? Never seen it anywheres else.

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Patrolman

• Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 10:44:02 »
In the Infantry we have an actual course but we also have occasions where a soldier may not be qualified but be in recce. This usually happens when the Pl is in need of drivers or replacements for people who leave after promotion. Soldiers who have the potential to pass the course are sent as replacements. When a course is run they attend and if they fail they are sent back to a rifle company.

I am actually an RCR not a Patricia, but we also have our own t-shirts. I never bought one I must say. As for recce stores I am referring to where work on a daily basis in garrison, not a kit shop. What's on your t-shirt besides a deer. I forget what it is called it is called not a deer! I say this because I nsaw your Terry Fox run pictures. Anyways keep those recce eyes peeled in A-Stan. ( Are you still there)
                                                                                                                                                              Cheers

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 10:54:13 »
In the Infantry we have an actual course but we also have occasions where a soldier may not be qualified but be in recce. This usually happens when the Pl is in need of drivers or replacements for people who leave after promotion. Soldiers who have the potential to pass the course are sent as replacements. When a course is run they attend and if they fail they are sent back to a rifle company.

Ahhhh....seen    ;)

I am actually an RCR not a Patricia, but we also have our own t-shirts. I never bought one I must say. As for recce stores I am referring to where work on a daily basis in garrison, not a kit shop.

That explains it...wasn't sure if they had their own kitshop in a rest easy or something.

What's on your t-shirt besides a deer. I forget what it is called it is called not a deer! I say this because I saw your Terry Fox run pictures. Anyways keep those recce eyes peeled in A-Stan. ( Are you still there)

It's a Springbok, everyone in the RCD wears it and it's rare to see someone with a different shirt now because the entire Regiment is Recce. Be kinda silly having everyone wearing a big RECCE crest on a black shirt wouldn't you think?

and no....I got back from the sandbox about 3.5 weeks ago and I'm on re-integration leave, or whatever it's called now.

Regards

-Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Lost_Warrior

• Rate Post
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 13:23:43 »
In Meaford, sketched into one of the bathroom walls it says "You know you're weak, when your kit carries you..."

LOL, I remember those too.  There were also a few other insults etched at the Armoured corps, complete with spelling mistakes and all...(Infatry..lmao)
=Non nobis sed patriae=
=Not for ourselves but for our country=

Offline BulletMagnet

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm not just disobedient, I'm careful
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 13:47:36 »
I could start the whole Recce is earned in the Infantry and given to the Armored, but this isn't that type of thread  ;)

As for Recce Shirts I have 2 one was a custom job by a friend of mine commissioned by my wife after passing the course ( he is a screen printer) and the other was Platoon wide one, Guys are right it's a pride thing, that's why we make them, We "like" to think we special, course that could be shortbus, hockey helmet special...but special none the less HAHAHAHA!

Yup Rory feel free to walk into 1 RCR Recce PL and call them tools, I'll be the on laughing at the back when they string you up by toe nails :D
"Often have I regretted my speech, never my silence" Cpl Jordan Anderson 1981-2007 RIP

When the going gets tough I take a nap...It's easier that way

Offline RECCE

• Fallen Comrade
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 22:45:49 »
So u think recce isnt earned in the armoured corp i can tell u every dragoon in the  recce sqns have earned it .....regardless theres no need for insults especially about regts, we work closely with recce platoon and have heard no complaints. Dragoons are proud about being recce and F***ing good at it proven it time and time again weve earned our recce role.

Offline GO!!!

• Fallen Comrade
  • Army.ca Veteran
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 22:52:54 »
mitch.

In the infantry, the recce course is probably one of the physically toughest courses available, barring the more advanced ones, like PPF etc.

Candidates regularly return to their companies 10-15lbs lighter, and queries as to "how the course went" are answered with a shudder. People that are likely to fail are not loaded on the course in the first place, but a significant number always do, often in the first week, when they face the twice daily PT.

I know quite a few tankers, and I know, for a fact, that there is no infantry recce course equivalent, or anything even remotely close, so give it up.