Author Topic: army.ca on TV  (Read 3656 times)

aesop081

army.ca on TV
« on: July 09, 2006, 20:39:05 »
Just watched Global news and guess what website had its pages displayed on the TV screen........

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: army.ca on TV
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 20:41:11 »
Having missed that, what was their 'angle'?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 20:51:53 »
I didn't see it either, but I guess that would explain reply #51 on here http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,47048.45.html.
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline Hatchet Man

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 21:04:14 »
I didn't see the clip, however it re-enforces the fact that the media DO visit this site, and it won't be long before this site is featured in a more prominent way (hopefully in a good way, but as we have seen in the past, positive stories don't sell as well).

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 21:16:31 »
It's also a good reminder regarding how we conduct ourselves here. Our comments have much greater reach than we may believe when we hit that post button. That's why at times we may seem "heavy handed" in how we handle things, but it's to prevent misleading or inappropriate information from being used for unintended purposes. I'm sure we can all imagine some pretty unpleasant scenarios there.

Thanks to everyone who's helped raise the professionalism of Army.ca to the point where the media has come to rely on it as a source.

Cheers
Mike

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 21:22:03 »
Thanks to everyone who's helped raise the professionalism of Army.ca
does that mean I'm fired?
...time to cull the herd.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 21:24:47 »
fired?-no, fried?- yes....
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 21:34:58 »
does that mean I'm fired?

Don't mean to shatter your hard core image para, but you're part of the solution, not the problem. :)

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 21:37:30 »
Mike
What did you have to go and say that for....it ruined everything.....I was sitting here waiting for everything and body to jump in with both feet....beats watching "Law and Order" rerun.   ;D

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

aesop081

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 02:19:29 »
So everyone knows, they were showing still shots of the thread we have on our latest canadian casualty.....