Author Topic: CF Video Game? - Merged Thread  (Read 20837 times)

Offline forrest_gump

• Rate Post
  • "Life is like a box of chocolates."
CF Video Game? - Merged Thread
« on: July 20, 2006, 13:16:06 »
Hey i heard that there coming out wit ha Canadian forces video game it sounds pretty good. i was wondering if anybody had any info on it so i could read.

Offline ArmyRick

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • What the????
Re: new canadian forces video game?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 14:57:07 »
It would probably be full of cool relevant military missions if it was done by ADM HR or recruiting.

I can just imagine it.

Mission 1; Harrassment Scenario
Mission 2; Public Appearance Scenario
Mission 3; Posting Scenario
Mission 4; Releasing

In each section as a member of the CF you will have to face the difficulties of the following challenges to progress to the next high speed mission!
I am NOT a privileged white man by virtue of being male or white. I am privileged because I am alive and exercising my right to be who I am!

Offline muffin

going through the motions.

• LMS Admin at ALSC - CTC Gagetown
  • Rate Post
  • ~~~ Gee, I wish I was back in the army.......
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 15:16:06 »
Haha... that was quite good Rick lol :blotto:
"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally."
Soviet infantry manual

Offline Patrick H.

• Paint it all grey.
  • Rate Post
  • UBIQUE
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 16:37:00 »
I know an older version of Ghost Recon for PC can be modified with Canadian Forces skins so that the characters and weapons in the game mirror our military. It's what I used. =)

Cheers
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

"It isn't what you've lost, but what you have left." - My great Uncle Daniel J MacDonald, Veteran Affairs Minister 1972.

Offline Towards_the_gap

• 'Just tell your wife, that she owes your life, to a muddy old engineer'
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 16:48:45 »
There is also Operation Flashpoint. A pretty dated game by todays standars, if you puchase the lastest version (usually no more than $15) and spend some time looking on the net, you can download mods for LAVIII's, Cdn infantrymen, Bisons etc, and make it a 'canadian game'. They're expanding it all the time, just do an internet search for Operation Flashpoint Mods.

edited to add: it's a PC game

Offline Jake

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 18:03:30 »
I remember someone on these boards was saying they were going to make a CF video game and had some screenshots of it in early stages. Same person?

Offline Black Watch

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 18:06:30 »
I wander, realy

Offline Rory

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 18:20:55 »
There currently a mod for BF2 for the PC(Battlefield 2) being made called Conflict Canada and it is looking pretty decent so far. Here is a link to their site. http://canadianforces.aowc.net/main.asp
------------
Honour and Pride, they are the currency of a soldier.

Offline Carbon-14

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 18:58:55 »
There is also Operation Flashpoint. A pretty dated game by todays standars, if you puchase the lastest version (usually no more than $15) and spend some time looking on the net, you can download mods for LAVIII's, Cdn infantrymen, Bisons etc, and make it a 'canadian game'. They're expanding it all the time, just do an internet search for Operation Flashpoint Mods.

edited to add: it's a PC game

The Canadian mod is Operation Northstar (http://www.operationnorthstar.com/).  Really high quality mod.  Shame its not updated anymore.

Offline Argh to the Zee

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 19:19:11 »
There is a new Mission for Kuma Strike Featuing Canadian Troops from PPCLI in A'stan. Its a recreation of a march 29th battle.

http://www.kumawar.com/ its free and has great reviews, good graphics, lots fun.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 22:46:28 »
There is also Operation Flashpoint. A pretty dated game by todays standars, if you puchase the lastest version (usually no more than $15) and spend some time looking on the net, you can download mods for LAVIII's, Cdn infantrymen, Bisons etc, and make it a 'canadian game'.

That has to be a CF product then. The price matches our budget.

;D

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline Xfire

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 23:00:08 »
The Canadian mod is Operation Northstar (http://www.operationnorthstar.com/).  Really high quality mod.  Shame its not updated anymore.

everyone just got really busy with work. They might restart it in the future..
"fitness like honor must not be bestowed it must be earned" --Mr. Shirley

Offline Pieman

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 03:41:01 »
I remember someone on these boards was saying they were going to make a CF video game and had some screenshots of it in early stages. Same person?
That was I. The project took an interesting turn. We were aiming to create a FIBUA video game, but discovered the DRDC (Defence Research and Development Canada) was already dumping money into similar projects, and we got a cold response. Which was unfortunate because they appear to be mods to existing video game platforms and mods really limit what you can do...I think we could have build something much more flexable and relevant...oh well.

We did however get a very warm reception from DRDC Atlantic working on a video game training product for them, which should be in the production state within the next couple of months.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:09:52 by Pieman »
Graffiti in regimental toilet stalls: The official guide to troop moral....apparently.

“Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything.” - Professor Farnsworth

SoldierBoi69

Our Army in a console video game
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 01:13:45 »
Have you ever wanted to play a canadian soldier in WW2 well soon you will be able to. The makers of Call of Duty 3 are saying not only will the player of the game be able to play the regular american, and british, but also polish and yes CANADIAN units!! The game is based from D-Day until the liberation of Paris on August 25, 1944. I am not to sure if it goes through the Sicilian and Italian campains because where I read it it only talks about the Normandy Breakout campaign that busted Paris free from the Axis grip. But it is still exiting that the game features CANADIAN SOLDIERS.

Leave a comment if you believe this is a good idea.

C/Pte. M. Legare

Offline Taggart

• Rate Post
Re: Our Army in a console video game
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 01:34:53 »
If that's true it certainly sounds interesting.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners" -Charleton Heston

Offline MikeH

• Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 03:00:32 »
About time I loved COD1 and 2 always wanted to play as a canadian solder.
Vegetarian.. ancient word for poor hunter....My grandfather was on JUNO beach to helped crush the Nazi's. Now it's my turn to help crush Terrorism.

Offline Techy

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 03:21:27 »
COD 1 and 2 were great fun, so I am assuming three will just be as fun.
What I always thought would be neat would be to play from the Axis perspective. IE: Italians, Germans, etc.
How's that for a different spin?

Offline Jake

• Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 06:20:16 »
Looking forward to it, the release date will be in the 4th quarter of 2006 for PS2.

Offline Navy_Blue

• Rate Post
  • Dolphin Code "32"
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 15:06:25 »
If your on PC you can get a mod for battlefield 1942 called Forgotten Hope.  On top of being an incredibly detailed mod for the game there is a Liberation of Cean map which you can be Canadian.  They added some vehicles with Canadian markings too.  Some of the maps for this mod are fantastic for online play.  It really adds to the game...countless new vehicles and tanks.

:cdn:
Kirk: "do you always estimate your repair times by a factor of four?" Scotty: "Aye sir how do you think I keep my reputation as a miracle worker."

Offline Canadian.Trucker

• Roadrunner Actual
  • Rate Post
    • G&SF Website
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 15:15:23 »
Didn't like COD1, and I never bought COD2.  However, if there is a game with Canadian vehicles, soldiers etc. in it I'll buy it just to see what it's like.  Anything with Canadian content interests me.  It's nice to get a bit of recognition as a nation for what we contributed, even if it is a video game.
Tenacious and Versatile-G & SF

"Nevermind, I'll do it myself" - Me

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
- George Orwell

Offline SigOpDraco

• The FNG
  • Rate Post
  • Give it up, son; I'm doing this my way.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 15:27:49 »
Apparantly COD3 will feature the typical British and Americans, as well as both the Canadians  ( :dontpanic: :blotto::cdn:) and the Polish Armoured. It will be all about the Liberation of Paris.

Though, I'd be sorely dissapointed if the Canadian missions were reduced to crappy little stealth missions or something stupid like that.
Where is it that we were together? Who were you that I lived with? The brother. The friend. Darkness, light. Strife and love. Are they the workings of one mind? The features of the same face? Oh, my soul. Let me be in you now. Look out through my eyes. Look out at the things you made. All things shining.

Offline Dirt Digger

• Rate Post
  • Mercedes-Benz for our time
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 08:53:52 »
I don't know.  Wouldn't playing as a Canadian be unfair?  Like using God mode?   ;D
Fighting the spread of Communism and Country Music since 1991...

Offline Technoviking

DANCE TO THE TECHNOVIKING.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • OBEY!
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 09:02:17 »
This thread had me going: the reference to COD I thought was to "Crescendo of Doom", the third in the Squad Leader series.  Alas, you area all talking about some computer gaming stuff :D
So, there I was....

Offline Canadian.Trucker

• Roadrunner Actual
  • Rate Post
    • G&SF Website
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 09:23:59 »
I don't know.  Wouldn't playing as a Canadian be unfair?  Like using God mode?   ;D

*high fives*  YES!  :threat: :cdn:
Tenacious and Versatile-G & SF

"Nevermind, I'll do it myself" - Me

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
- George Orwell

Offline Proud Forester

• Tenacious and Versitile
  • Rate Post
    • G&SF
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 11:09:11 »
COD 1 and the expansion was great, I played about half the single player, and the rest of my free time for about half a year was spent playing online with that game. COD 2 came out, the MP sucked, it was super regressive. I played a bit of the SP, it was ok, nothing to fancy. I think I will pick up COD 3 because if the developers sorted themselves out, and make a game for the PC and actually support it(it took 8 monhts for the first patch to come out for the PC version of COD2), I will give 'er a try.

Offline Rhibwolf

• Rate Post
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 11:22:15 »
What I always thought would be neat would be to play from the Axis perspective. IE: Italians, Germans, etc.
How's that for a different spin?
I think they would have to redesign the movement controls, so that backwards was backwards, and forwards was backwards as well.  ;)
While playing any nation in SP is okay, the real fun would be able to pick any nation in MP, including irregular forces like French Resistance, or Yugo Partizans.
Either advance, trusting to God to die on a just cause, sword in hand, or remain quiet and be kicked out of your kingdom. ---Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson to the King of Naples

Offline Mr.Newf

• King of the Granite Planet
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Fuc*in Eh!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 13:52:22 »
Oh nuts! another game I might play too much and wear it out!  ;D The Idea is great. It better be as good as Call of Duty.
I am the one and only

Offline karl28

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 14:03:37 »
the only thing that I have to say to that is SWEET  ;D

Offline Techy

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 14:05:06 »
While playing any nation in SP is okay, the real fun would be able to pick any nation in MP, including irregular forces like French Resistance, or Yugo Partizans.
If you played the French THEN you'd have to RENAME some of the controls:
-there is no forward
-backward is now referred to as "French Advance"
-You secondary weapon is a white flag :D

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 15:13:27 »
If your on PC you can get a mod for battlefield 1942 called Forgotten Hope.  On top of being an incredibly detailed mod for the game there is a Liberation of Cean map which you can be Canadian.  They added some vehicles with Canadian markings too.  Some of the maps for this mod are fantastic for online play.  It really adds to the game...countless new vehicles and tanks.

I downloaded it, but it just crashes the game, I mange to play DC on it and a few other mods.

SoldierBoi69

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 18:28:32 »
You know what would be a good first person shooter video game made for Canada the Italian/Sicilian Canadian campaign. Included with the battles of Ortona and Rome. I would play that.

:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Offline Robert S

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 19:20:18 »
There is another game called JOINT TASK FORCE in the works, I'm not sure if it is based on our own JTF, but go check it out.
Pure Sentinel. Pure Power.
God bless Canada.

Offline Rhibwolf

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 20:19:10 »
If you played the French THEN you'd have to RENAME some of the controls:
-there is no forward
-backward is now referred to as "French Advance"
-You secondary weapon is a white flag :D

The more often I read this, the more I laughed.  Thanks Rice0031
\o/   \o/
 |       |
/ \     /\
Either advance, trusting to God to die on a just cause, sword in hand, or remain quiet and be kicked out of your kingdom. ---Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson to the King of Naples

Offline Rocketryan

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2006, 18:47:26 »
Be serious people.. Imagine it though..there is "Americas Army"
it focuses on the Army

the game might be callled "Canadian Forces"
Since the Canadian Forces are all 3 services combined.
You can choose your path as a new recruit.
RCA
RCAF
RCN

then within there you can choose your own "trait"

so in the RCA(Army) you can join and infantry unit or an armored unit,etc
in the RCAF(airforce)you can decide to fly helicopters or fighters or transport aircraft
in the RCN(Navy) i dont got a clue what the navy does really.....so lets say you can choose what kind of ship?

Maps-->Would be places that the Canadian Forces are actively involved in plus some "Make-Belive" maps...So ie Afghanistan,Bosnia,Kosovo etc

Missions:There would be Singleplayer,or Multiplayer
Singleplayer Campaign:
RCA-->As an infantry unit you can be like on patrol when your unit gets ambushed by enemy forces and you must fight your way out of hostile area to a LZ where you get evactuated
Armored unit--> Your LAV-III unit is part of a resupply unit and you must fight your way there

RCAF-->Helicopter pilot=Scramble! A fishing boat has hit rocks and is taking on water.. you must fly your cormorant helicopter and rescue the stranded fishermen before its too later
Fighter Pilot(maybe like the yugoslavian campaign?)
Transport=Must fly your CC-130 Hercules and perform a humanitarian supply drop(maybe like the first mission?)

RCN=Your ship has accidently entered Unfriendly Waters..Be prepared for anti ship missiles and other unfriendly ships

so stuff liek that...i came up with that in like 10 minutes....now think wat some ppl who kno how to make games cud do in like a year!?

if it had all 3 services the game would be like 20 GB or something

Offline warrior vegetable

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006, 19:18:12 »

so stuff liek that...i came up with that in like 10 minutes....now think wat some ppl who kno how to make games cud do in like a year!?

I bet they could use a spellchecker!  ;D

The game industry is profit driven and the market for a hoo-rah Canadian military game just isn't there. Let's face it, how exciting & cool is it going to make the military look when people have to hit a button requesting American air support? User created gaming and mods are great but I doubt anything of significance will ever come out officially - there are better ways to spend money on recruiting and training than video games, like implementing new recommendations, or buying bullets!

Offline ArmyRick

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • What the????
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2006, 09:35:19 »
RCA stands for royal canadian artillery, NOT royal canadian army.

RCAF and the RCN do not exist anymore.

I am NOT a privileged white man by virtue of being male or white. I am privileged because I am alive and exercising my right to be who I am!

Offline Rocketryan

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2006, 11:04:04 »
Sorry my bad. Just i grew up having my dad teach me that and well its hard to get rid of.

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2006, 14:16:18 »
Sorry my bad. Just i grew up having my dad teach me that and well its hard to get rid of.

Try and research more often. Better yet start reading the Guidelines and posting less often, thats twice you have been taking to task for speaking out of your lane. The next time you get a Verbal

MSN and ICQ "short hand" -  http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,33247.0.html

Regarding the use of "MSN speak" versus the employment of prose which is correct in grammar, spelling and punctuation, please see: http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,34015.msg260446.html#msg260446

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines: MUST READ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,24937.0.html

FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,24937.msg259412.html#msg259412

Recruiting FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,21101.0.html

Infantry FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,21131.0.html

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test - http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,21101.msg103977.html#msg103977

Fitness requirements at enrolment, see page 12 of this brochure:
http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/physical_fitness_en.pdf

Search page - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search;advanced

Army.ca wiki pages 
 - http://army.ca/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

To summarize. Welcome to Army.ca, start reading.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 14:18:58 by Ex-Dragoon »
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Rocketryan

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2006, 15:21:04 »
Ex-Dragoon.
I'm going to listen to you and everyone else and I am going to stay in my lane.Cadets.
I am just wondering if I am still allowed to post in this part of forum..The Military Literature and Film part.

Offline Ex-Dragoon

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • dealing with life not that active here anymore
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2006, 16:26:34 »
Post wherever you want but remember people in here have actually done what you have only read and heard about, so before posting do yourself a favour and remember where you are, will only save you the embarrasment later as you have no doubt already learned.
I will leave your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your carcasses. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens and all the stars will darken. Ezekiel 32:5-7
Tradition- Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid
Former RCN Sailor now Retired

Offline Slim

• Just sliding along...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Daylight in the swamp
    • Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 00:38:10 »
Post wherever you want but remember people in here have actually done what you have only read and heard about, so before posting do yourself a favour and remember where you are, will only save you the embarrasment later as you have no doubt already learned.

Also...before you bring a point forward please remember who YOU are (or aren't) and look carefully at whom you may be speaking to. Chances are they've been around the block once or twice...

Slim
Staff
"The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmond Burke

Offline Conquistador

• Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006, 23:05:33 »
I don't know if this has already been posted, but, here it goes:

It seems the CF is actually building a mod for the game "SWAT 4", to better train officers. Screenshots and an interview are posted at http://www.hot-swat-mods.com/

Offline Big Foot

• Rate Post
  • Muda, mura, and muri everywhere I look...
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2006, 23:26:38 »
No seems about it, I was in Gagetown this summer at the Infantry School on PAT platoon, they had us playing SWAT for hours at a time, working with very, very early parts of this mod. Can't wait to see the end result.
It's not insubordinate if you know exactly where the line is and walk on it but never cross it.

Offline Jake

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2006, 13:31:51 »
I just finished beating Call of Duty 3 for PS2 and there is a fair bit of Canadian missions in it, it's a good game that takes place in World War 2.

Offline SHONIT123

• Rate Post
The CF in video game's
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2014, 02:45:37 »
With many new games coming out that emulate war from "Call of Duty" and "Battlefield" how many of these show Canadian soldiers?
Has the CF even been spoken to about this topic or shown any interest in it?

(not trying to be rude here, I do know that war is a serious matter where many good people risk their lives.)

Offline BorisK

• Rate Post
    • Westbury National Show Systems Ltd.
Re: The CF in video game's
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 03:31:20 »
Do I know if the CF (or any former or current members) have spoken with eager game developers... No clue.  I do know JTF-2 was included in the models used to represent world class tier one operators in a game sold last year called : 'Medal of Honor : Warfighter', which despite its painfully awful gameplay, it did have a couple of interesting features in the game which simulated SOME aspects of that shadowy world correctly enough to get some members of the US special forces in trouble for working too closely with game designers. 

All that aside, my opinion on the matter is that while imitation is a great form of flattery, and I am glad anytime CANSOF (or any other serving member of this fine nation) is shown respect and admiration, I really lean towards the preference of having their image be more about the 'quiet professional' as opposed to the guys on billboards and in video game commercials. Reason is in my eyes fame often attracts not only annoying groupies, but sometimes the more sinister crowd, so keeping our shadowy warriors in the shadows makes sense to me personally. 

And really... If any more recognition is going to materialize, I personally would rather have it come from the general public who might be inclined to lobby with a palatable tone for better funding and care for our service members, not the Call of Duty 'ninjasniper' crowd.

Just my $.02

Cheers

Offline GnyHwy

• Is a pragmatic optimist.
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • GO GUNS!!!
Re: CF Video Game? - Merged Thread
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2014, 06:25:10 »
You take the sinister crowd and I'll take the annoying groupies!   ;)
Luck is for Suckers - GnyHwy

If you're gonna speak outside the box, you should understand the inside of the box first - GnyHwy

Offline BorisK

• Rate Post
    • Westbury National Show Systems Ltd.
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 19:55:56 »

You take the sinister crowd and I'll take the annoying groupies!   ;)

Ha :) :nod:

Offline Darkhorse393

• Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2014, 16:25:21 »
There is a game called Wargame: Red Dragon which pits Nato against the Warsaw Pact and Canada  :cdn: seems to be well represented. It's a RTS and you can Play as just one nation under the skirmish section. The only reason I bought it is because Canada is in it and I'm enjoying it.  Check it out  and see what you think.

Offline NinerSix

is getting the itch to deploy.

• Attitude re-adjuster
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Car guy learning to drive
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2014, 21:00:37 »
I love WG:RD, but rarely play a Canadian deck. The ADATS is pretty awesome, but the lack of almost anything else doesn't make it nearly as fun for me.

That said, this game is just shy of everything I want in an RTS. The only thing else I would ever want is the ability to control individual units/soldiers. Anyways, I just want more and more of this game.
The process is not the mission.

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2014, 00:03:59 »
I love WG:RD, but rarely play a Canadian deck. The ADATS is pretty awesome, but the lack of almost anything else doesn't make it nearly as fun for me.

That said, this game is just shy of everything I want in an RTS. The only thing else I would ever want is the ability to control individual units/soldiers. Anyways, I just want more and more of this game.

NinerSix... WG:RD is absolutely amazing!  You're right though, the Cdn Deck pretty much sucks...  I am a bigger fan of the Total War series though... hooked on Rome 2 right now!

Offline NinerSix

is getting the itch to deploy.

• Attitude re-adjuster
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Car guy learning to drive
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2014, 00:57:59 »
I was still playing the original Rome Total War in between Wargames. I was really digging the whole Roma Surrectum mod, which I still need to play more of before moving on to Rome 2.
The process is not the mission.

Offline Lame

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2014, 10:39:04 »
Check out America's Army Proving Ground.. its free.. abd a fun game based on communication.. search for the 312th servers.. ill be on as "-=312th=-lame"

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2014, 11:18:21 »
I was still playing the original Rome Total War in between Wargames. I was really digging the whole Roma Surrectum mod, which I still need to play more of before moving on to Rome 2.

I still play the original Rome:  Total War as well... I play Europa Barborum mod.  Total War:  Rome 2 was terrible when it was released, SEGA forced the devs to release an unfinished product and it took some severe beatings from users as a result.  15 patches later and with the just recently released Emperor Edition, the game is finally living up to its namesake.

My favorite Total War game is still Empire: Total War just because of the scope of the game and the different theatres available to play in..... As well, I just really like the gunpowder era.  Shogun 2:  Fall of the Samurai comes in a close second.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2014, 16:46:44 »

Though its interesting to see how the CAF may of shaped up if the cold war didnt end
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"