Author Topic: A moratorium on immigration and refugee intake from terrorist-exporting countrie  (Read 12071 times)

Offline cplcaldwell

• Rate Post
Yeah, what he said.

Theft implies we are grabbing them in the middle of the night and tossing them in a burlap sack....

Or am I being gender insensitive? ...nooo.. you see CRANTOR FILLED OUT HIS PROFILE
Ihr Racker, wollt ihr ewig leben? - Frederick the Great

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Well I do agree with reilly on that point.  With the good intentions of our Government in the hopes of maintaining a 'Professional' Workforce, we have been 'recruiting' the brightest from other lands.  In many cases when those 'Professionals' arrive in Canada, their credentials are not deemed valid or to the same degree of specialization or standards as ours, and they land up with menial labour jobs.  Both Canada and their homelands land up loosers.  In a way it is "Theft".
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

reilly

let's not.
You have no credibility on this site, as you have yet to produce any sort of factual evidence to back up any of your opinions, of which you have many, and are spamming the boards with. This is your official-type warning. Back your claims with facts, or post less.

Is it opinions or facts you want? Perhaps the truth is that you just want to read opinions you agree with. I don't have the answers, neither does anyone else. I'm just intellectually exploring the topic from different angles. You are a Canada's defender of free speech provided the speaker says what you want to hear.

Offline Cdn. Royal

• Rate Post
I have been trying to resist but...can't take it anymore.

Immigration to Canada is a not right granted to every citizens of the world. Canadians through generations and immigrants have worked hard building this country. While I believe in a strong and fair immigration policy, it should be restrictive – based on Canada's economic and social needs. I also believe we should actively support the development of the countries and regions from which these people wish to escape. Along with this, the migration of skilled people, such as doctors and nurses, from the developing world to Canada is nothing more than theft and an attempt to maintain the status quo! A discrimination policy that you obviously support.

Not everyone in the world wants to live here...( I personally don't understand it but it's their choice...loss). The only crucial restriction we need on immigration now is SECURITY. Those who do want to live here, be they doctors, teachers, garbagemen, floor sweepers maids etc. They are all entitled to live the dream and better themselves if they so wish to do this.

That is part of the freedom we here at ARMY.ca have sworn our lives to defend.....how about you Reilly what do you believe in?
" Have a Royal Day "... ...a quote from my friend Capt. Pro Patria.

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
Is it opinions or facts you want? Perhaps the truth is that you just want to read opinions you agree with. I don't have the answers, neither does anyone else. I'm just intellectually exploring the topic from different angles. You are a Canada's defender of free speech provided the speaker says what you want to hear.
no smartass. I want you to either speak your opinion STATING that it is your opinion, or state facts BACKING those facts up with proof. I do NOT want your half-assed opinions spouted all over the boards, with you stating them to be facts.

Clear enough?
...time to cull the herd.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
To counter your intellectual conjecture; what does this make you?  The self-proclaimed saviour of Free Speech?  Perhaps we are getting a better picture of who you are.  You have been here before.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
As far as immigrants (landed ones) are concerned, they are already screened prior to entering the country and have gone through the necessary steps to enter the country.  This site details the process. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

As far as refugees are concerned, there is a lack of tracking ability in regards to failed refugee claimants.

As a side note here is an interesting article relating to GWs concerns over credetials as well as what Reilly might be worried about but can't seem to effectively get his point across.http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=74212318-01a0-4ccf-9bcd-8bb289883324
Optio

reilly

no smartass. I want you to either speak your opinion STATING that it is your opinion, or state facts BACKING those facts up with proof. I do NOT want your half-assed opinions spouted all over the boards, with you stating them to be facts.

Clear enough?

That should have been stated as follows: OPINION: No smartass... Clear enough?

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
All I want to see are people with integrity on this site, and this land.

Inegrity...

dileas

tess
I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Offline Teflon

• I blame it on the MAGNETs in our drinking water
  • Rate Post
  • Insert Personal Text Here

Funny I don't see grammer crusader in your profile,... oh that's right! there's nothing in your profile!
When you meet somebody new,
don't get excited, because
9 out of ten times
they're stupid

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman

You definitely have been here before.  You will probably be leaving the same way.

Time to come clean and Clean up your act.

Offline big bad john (John Hill)

• Banned
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I am a poser
I've been hinting at it all day and now I'll come right out and say it.  Troll in plain sight!

reilly

To add to Crantor's post:

"Auditor-General Sheila Fraser looked at the immigration-enforcement system and made some familiar complaints. Citing incomplete computer databases, a lack of detention spaces, protracted court battles and a general lack of resources, she found that the removal pipeline was badly clogged. In fact, she pointed out, there were 11,000 live cases that hadn't even been assigned to anyone. Moreover, computer databases showed about 30,000 outstanding immigration-arrest warrants for removals that had never been enforced -- some up to seven years old."

http://migration.ucdavis.edu/rs/more.php?id=158_0_2_0

Offline Mr.Newf

• King of the Granite Planet
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Fuc*in Eh!
Is it just me, or is reilly soon to be banned? He is making strange post's all over and I believe that I'm not the only one who is being annoyed be his lack of intellectual behaviour.
I am the one and only

Offline cplcaldwell

• Rate Post
No its not just you....

Anyway it took me a few minutes to write this so I'll post it anyway...

As far as immigrants (landed ones) are concerned, they are already screened prior to entering the country and have gone through the necessary steps to enter the country.  This site details the process. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

I followed this link that Crantor provided around a bit. I was interested in skilled workers. It seems that skilled workers who want to immigrate to Canada have to provide their credentials and may have them assessed for each province they want to immigrate to. It also seems that Provinces encourage certain skilled workers and will help set them up.

Of course all the pages seem to say something to the affect that no guarantees apply.

Sort of makes one wonder, reading the stories about Doctor's or Lawyers who have come to Canada only to have their credentials rejected, could this be true? Or did these folks come to Canada anyway, hoping to reach equivalency , or heck just escape the Taliban.....

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
So Reilley, the point is that the bureaucracy needs to be fixed and tracking needs to be fixed.  Not the wholesale moratorium on refugees coming from specific countries.
Optio

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
No its not just you....

Anyway it took me a few minutes to write this so I'll post it anyway...

I followed this link that Crantor provided around a bit. I was interested in skilled workers. It seems that skilled workers who want to immigrate to Canada have to provide their credentials and may have them assessed for each province they want to immigrate to. It also seems that Provinces encourage certain skilled workers and will help set them up.

Of course all the pages seem to say something to the affect that no guarantees apply.

Sort of makes one wonder, reading the stories about Doctor's or Lawyers who have come to Canada only to have their credentials rejected, could this be true? Or did these folks come to Canada anyway, hoping to reach equivalency , or heck just escape the Taliban.....

Yes, and in many cases some of these people are informed of the requirements to achieve equivalencies ie further education, provincial testing etc, etc. 

No doubt there are people who fall through the cracks though.
Optio

reilly

I started this topic to discuss it. Your intention is to disrupt this discussion by making personal attacks on me. Any impartial moderator would actually consider you to be the troll. Afterall, the flame bait is from you, not me. Maybe you should look up the definition of troll:

"Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand -- they simply want to utter personal attacks and flame members."

Offline cplcaldwell

• Rate Post
Yeh, of course they fall through the cracks, at what 250,000 a year, a few are going to get away.

I think one of the points that comes out of that is that, and I am often amazed by it, how many Lawyers and Accountants and Engineers come to Canada, knowing full well they will spend years taking night courses, after a ten hour shift at the local Mac's.

Yet they are as happy as well.. you know...

Offline Mr.Newf

• King of the Granite Planet
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Fuc*in Eh!
I have not the intent nor the actual abusive nature to launch personal attacks toward anyone. The fact that you want to discuss this topic is not wrong, its the posts that you make, which have very little to no intelligent meaning. It's just the facts.
I am the one and only

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
I think one of the points that comes out of that is that, and I am often amazed by it, how many Lawyers and Accountants and Engineers come to Canada, knowing full well they will spend years taking night courses, after a ten hour shift at the local Mac's.
yep. Them's the folks that make this nation great. No matter where they're from.
...time to cull the herd.

Offline cplcaldwell

• Rate Post
Well, he says, stepping over flaiming pots to get back to the point  ::)

Relax Mike your inboard on this one IMHO.

Para's point goes to the problem of a moratorium, isn't the country getting diligence when it gets an immigrant.

What was that book... umm Huxley.. you know the one about how the whole world was engineered humans.. go easy I don't want to flog the analogy... anyway, they tried to build a colony of only Alfa's (the strongest, cutest and smartest... hmmm only Alfas smartest, strongest and cutest hmmm... ) on Cyprus or Crete or something, and it all caved in in months, because all these dudes wanted to do was sit around and drink sherry and talk about things they weren't qualifed to talk about...

Like I said, I don't even want to go to the place where we characterise immigrants as short hairy people who operate the elevators.

Point is immigration in this country is imperative given the value that immigrants add to the country. We get immigrants from places that people want to leave, today that is places like Sri Lanka and Sudan, and Somalia and Sudan.

Which are incidentally......

Offline cplcaldwell

• Rate Post
Class answer permitted...

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Class answer permitted...

Countries that start with "S"?
Optio