Author Topic: Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)  (Read 172038 times)

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2010, 06:59:29 »
mellian, it's probably the same guy.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline mellian

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2010, 07:22:39 »
mellian, it's probably the same guy.

No, they are different creeps. Different pictures, names, and MO. The one I am referring to is more known in various 'alternative lifestyle' circles and websites. Philip Bastian or some such. Still have a couple of pictures of him I used in outing him the other year on facebook, and refused his FB friendship again the other week.

Offline Mack Hibiclens

• Rate Post
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2010, 09:34:22 »
The news has circulated among us chowhound users.

Those in Montreal always found him to be strange, in a sad "trying to impress to get friends" type of way. One of us became suspicious about his cancer claim and called local hospitals... no listing, not surprising. This chowhounder contacted another chowhounder and mentioned the suspicions. The other chowhounder scoured the net and found your site, the canadian living article, the info on W Five, as well as the article from UBC. ChowUser, who posted above, was one of the first contacted and did a huge load of work posting those links. It spread from there and more and more people know every day.

Chowhound moderators have been notified as has the local police... not sure if there are currently any outstanding warrants for him, but the info is out just in case we can help. It would be nice to get this creep off the streets once and for all.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

is watching the snow...

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2010, 09:49:56 »
. It would be nice to get this creep off the streets once and for all.

In Canada?
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Mack Hibiclens

• Rate Post
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2010, 10:07:13 »
Not just Canada... everywhere, but he seems to focus in Canada.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

is watching the snow...

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:10 »
Sorry, guess I wasn't being clear. Click on my "Canada" link in my post and you will see that "getting a creep off the streets forever" is a pipe dream at best.
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Offline zipperhead_cop

• Much work remains to be done before we can announce a total failure to make any progress...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2010, 03:47:22 »
Sorry, guess I wasn't being clear. Click on my "Canada" link in my post and you will see that "getting a creep off the streets forever" is a pipe dream at best.

See, now if that pipe were attached to some other mechanical stuff, and the diameter of the pipe was roughly .223 of an inch across, and it got one end closed off with a firecracker-ish thing with a penny looking tip.....

Well, even pipe dreams can come true!   ;D
God loves stupid people.  That's why He made so many of them.

Of course forests contribute to climate change - you pointless, vacuous wankers.

Offline ChowUser

• Rate Post
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2010, 14:11:18 »
Update:

The Chow mods never directly responded to our demands to boot bigfellow/John Melvin Hill from the boards.  Instead, they deactivated his account and deleted all of the threads that were highlighted in my original post outing him here.

In the past month, a "new" user, qcfoodi, appeared on the Home Cooking and Montreal boards who sounded suspiciously like John Melvin Hill to a group of us.  He claimed to be a new transplant to Montreal (yet had a surprisingly good grasp of the local scene) and lists his real name as "Jack."  Uh huh.  And his profile (http://www.chow.com/profile/1183031) has a number of other suspicious things (including a photo of a bagpiper) that imply he's trying to pass himself off as a U.K. transplant ("fish and chips," "chicken tikka masala").  He even claims his favorite restaurant is in...wait for...Edinburgh!

This guy is such a freakin' loser.  And uncreative!

The mods are on to him again, at least on the Home Cooking boards, where they have AGAIN deleted all his posts (see, for example, here: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/721543?tag=main_body;topic-721543.  There's a reply to a no-longer-existant message from him).  Oddly enough, his profile has not been deactivated, and his posts remain on the Quebec boards.

Where will he strike next?  This guy needs a new MO.  Actually, John Melvin Hill needs to get a life!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 21:27:38 by ChowUser »

Offline zipperhead_cop

• Much work remains to be done before we can announce a total failure to make any progress...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2010, 02:34:08 »
Actually, John Melvin Hill needs to get a life!

Per se, the best solution would be quite the contrary...
God loves stupid people.  That's why He made so many of them.

Of course forests contribute to climate change - you pointless, vacuous wankers.

Offline ChowUser

• Rate Post
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2011, 11:03:25 »
Looks like he is STILL conning people. Once a jackass, always a jackass.  This time he stole money from an employer in a restaurant. https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2453487031&topic=12240

Offline Pieman

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2012, 04:59:16 »
Any more Big Bad John updates? This thread has been a source of 'amusement' for a good five years now.

Why don't we have legislation to stick people like this in a mental institution? From this thread he appears to bounce from job to job, city to city, and is even in and out of shelters at times. Question is, do people with this type of illness escalate into something far worse in times of desperation?

He has got to be one of the worst scam artists going.   I wonder if there is some kind of scam artist club? I picture them sitting around shaking their heads, complaining,  and feeling embarrassed to be cast in the same light as this guy.
Graffiti in regimental toilet stalls: The official guide to troop moral....apparently.

“Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything.” - Professor Farnsworth

Offline dogger1936

• Rate Post

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2012, 22:36:00 »
Here's the big give away: For a guy with 23 years in the Royal Marines he seems kind of humble  ;D
"Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men." Daniel Dravot

Offline sockpuppet123

• Rate Post
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2012, 02:59:18 »
Registered just to give you all a heads up that this man is now living in Saskatoon, SK. He's claiming to be, among other things, a cardiothoracic surgeon. To others, he is claiming to have had several strokes that require him to walk with a cane. In reality, he's living in a low income apartment complex run by a homeless shelter. Here's an article with a photo:
http://ckom.com/story/saskatoon-s-lighthouse-officially-opened/74612

Watch out, Saskatoon!

Offline PrairieThunder

And that\'s why we can\'t have nice things.

• Banned
  • Rate Post
  • For Queen and Country
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2012, 03:17:40 »
Registered just to give you all a heads up that this man is now living in Saskatoon, SK. He's claiming to be, among other things, a cardiothoracic surgeon. To others, he is claiming to have had several strokes that require him to walk with a cane. In reality, he's living in a low income apartment complex run by a homeless shelter. Here's an article with a photo:
http://ckom.com/story/saskatoon-s-lighthouse-officially-opened/74612

Watch out, Saskatoon!

Hahahaha.... oh dear

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2012, 03:24:27 »
Well, in the W5 Investigative Report, they ask if anyone knows his current whereabouts, to call him in to the RCMP (ref the outstanding frauds ...); it's been a couple of years, but I wonder if they've had a chance to "find their man" yet?

Be guaranteed - he's reading this thread to this day.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

fraserdw

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2012, 10:58:34 »
I hope he is because my RCMP neighbour has the link to the news item!  Run Johnny run!

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -7995.

• When one person makes an accusation, check to be sure he himself is not the guilty one. Sometimes it is those whose case is weak who make the most clamour.
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2012, 12:16:07 »
I hope he is because my RCMP neighbour has the link to the news item!  Run Johnny run!
  Hopefully, he won't see this thread and do a runner. Instead of posting it for him, maybe staying schtump till they knocked on his door would have been better.
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Try not to take things personally. What people say about you is a reflection of them, not you.

WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Offline Pieman

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2012, 17:00:35 »
I honestly hope this guy gets into some kind of mental health program. He is at the point of living in a homeless shelter yet still keeps trying the same game. Says to me there is something really screwed up in his head and we are looking at a person who is seriously ill, rather than your typical con artist.
Graffiti in regimental toilet stalls: The official guide to troop moral....apparently.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -7995.

• When one person makes an accusation, check to be sure he himself is not the guilty one. Sometimes it is those whose case is weak who make the most clamour.
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2012, 21:17:56 »
I honestly hope this guy gets into some kind of mental health program. He is at the point of living in a homeless shelter yet still keeps trying the same game. Says to me there is something really screwed up in his head and we are looking at a person who is seriously ill, rather than your typical con artist.

He's running a con as a disabled person to get a nice comfy apt for nothing. He's not mentally ill or stupid.

He's a thief, a con artist and a fraud. That is all.
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Try not to take things personally. What people say about you is a reflection of them, not you.

WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Offline Pieman

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2012, 21:58:07 »
He's running a con as a disabled person to get a nice comfy apt for nothing. He's not mentally ill or stupid.

He's a thief, a con artist and a fraud. That is all.

You may well be right. Perhaps he is just a bad person?

I'm not convinced of that though.  I don't think he can be considered a good con artist by any means, and to continue such behavior even after being outed and caught numerous times just does not seem like something a mentally sound person would do.....we need the opinion of a shrink to know one way or the other though.

Perhaps the people he thinks he is conning at the homeless shelter are well aware of his problems. They are probably used to seeing people with such conditions in need of their help.

Offline ArmyRick

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • What the????
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2012, 22:04:15 »
Dude,

Seriously. I don't care what his "issues" are. He behaves in a predatory manner. We do not need crap like that in our society. Mind you if they locked him up forever in a mental ward of some kind, then yay!
M'eh

Offline Pieman

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2012, 22:10:12 »
That's what I am getting at. If his predatory behavior is a result of his mental illness, then the best solution is to get the guy into some kind of treatment or locked up in a ward as you suggest.

If you assume he is just doing this because he is just a bad person, then you can't do anything about him until he is caught. Once he gets out of jail (or more likely let go scott free) then the pattern repeats.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

is watching the snow...

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2012, 22:37:29 »
It's his job. He's just a criminal who knows that getting caught and doing a little time is just part of the lifestyle. 

Remember, doing time is NOT the hard thing you see on TV,..the average Joe would take it as a rest period.  No laundry, dishes, cooking, lots of sleep time....

Offline Pieman

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2012, 23:08:53 »
Remember, doing time is NOT the hard thing you see on TV,..the average Joe would take it as a rest period.  No laundry, dishes, cooking, lots of sleep time....

Sounds kinda nice...wait, don't tempt me! ;)