Author Topic: pilot requirments  (Read 3280 times)

Offline mrsfree1

• Rate Post
pilot requirments
« on: July 15, 2007, 13:44:31 »
hey

i was wondering if any one could give me a better more detailed awnser then i have gotten so far on the military requirments physically for pilots. i was specifically wondering about height/body size type of requirments taht may prevent a person from flying military aircraft. i have a smaller build and at most im 5'1 in height. it would be nice to know if/what i can and cant fly or who to talk to to get these awnsers before i commit to anything. i have been told various things from various people and nothing is similar, id like to finally know for sure

Offline ark

• Rate Post
  • \
Re: pilot requirments
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 14:02:16 »
hey

i was wondering if any one could give me a better more detailed awnser then i have gotten so far on the military requirments physically for pilots. i was specifically wondering about height/body size type of requirments taht may prevent a person from flying military aircraft. i have a smaller build and at most im 5'1 in height. it would be nice to know if/what i can and cant fly or who to talk to to get these awnsers before i commit to anything. i have been told various things from various people and nothing is similar, id like to finally know for sure

According to the Flight Surgeon's Guidelines, the minimum height standard for pilot applicants is 157cm. Can the rule be bent? I do not know.

http://www.toronto.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/medical/glfs_e.html

The only official way to find out is if you apply.

Good luck

Offline scoutfinch

• Groovy...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 14:15:34 »
Just a few hints:

(1) "I" is alway capitalized.

(2)  The Search function works well.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 15:54:51 »
Just a few hints:

(1) "I" is alway capitalized.

(2)  The Search function works well.

On that Note!.................................LOCKED!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.