Author Topic: More colourized photos of peace and war going back 150 years  (Read 1971 times)

jollyjacktar

More photos, some very familiar, some new.  All, interesting.

The world at war (and peace) in colour: Artist's incredibly detailed handiwork breathes life into 150 years of historical pictures
-Artist Marina Amaral, 21, from Brazil, has transformed black and white photos by giving them colour
-She taught herself the incredible skill and believes she's ‘creating a second perspective’ with the photos
-Ms Amaral researches the story behind every photo that she wants to colour before beginning
-She then colours each photo by hand with Photoshop - and the process can take days to get perfect

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3719963/Incredible-artist-brings-150-years-history-life-glorious-colour.html#ixzz4GCyXWGGJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
Re: More colourized photos of peace and war going back 150 years
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 17:26:16 »
Not so much colourize, but an interesting photo of events.

Going off duty for a day of mourning for a penitentiary guard killed last week; a guard at the old Kingston prison opens the gate for armed combat troops from Canadian Forces Base Petawawa; who have orders to shoot if their lives are threatened. They'll back up unarmed police and prison officials.
Dutton, Don
Toronto Star archives, 1975
I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.