Author Topic: British Military Current Events  (Read 769696 times)

Online Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: British Military Current Events
« Reply #2650 on: May 06, 2017, 09:24:53 »
daftandbarmy:
........architects of our own destiny.

You were an architect also? Do you know Sajjan? ;D

Just joking. Very good post. :salute: :salute:
Those were the days before a lawyer and PAO in every Pl HQ.
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #2651 on: May 06, 2017, 09:48:33 »
daftandbarmy:
You were an architect also? Do you know Sajjan? ;D

Just joking. Very good post. :salute: :salute:
Those were the days before a lawyer and PAO in every Pl HQ.

Yes, of course. He rescued us at Arnhem and together we ended WW2 in 1944. :)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Online Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2652 on: May 06, 2017, 10:18:32 »
That must have been the jump over the Rhine conducted early, to end the Second World War in 1944. ;D

(I your point, as heros and architects, you both successfully ended the war early).
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #2653 on: May 25, 2017, 22:44:23 »
Brits in Batus:

Class line of a good article

“They learn to be at the mercy of the Royal Air Force,” says Mills (Sr Ops O) of the troops’ deployment to Canada.

(Mills seems to have an overall troubled relationship with air power. Later, he noted that BATUS’ helicopters — “unlike anywhere else in the army” — actually show up on time).

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/albertas-british-invasion-massive-military-base-allows-troops-from-u-k-to-replicate-war
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2654 on: May 26, 2017, 01:34:02 »
Brits in Batus:

Class line of a good article

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/albertas-british-invasion-massive-military-base-allows-troops-from-u-k-to-replicate-war

"In 2008, some bars even shut out British Army soldiers altogether, telling local media that the men couldn’t seem to stop vomiting and peeing everywhere."

Like every Friday night in UK garrison towns, just add 'blood' too :)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2655 on: May 28, 2017, 03:06:25 »
'It's almost like being a single mum': The reality of being a Royal Marine wife

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/its-almost-like-being-a-single-mum-the-reality-of-being-a-royal-marine-wife/

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2656 on: June 05, 2017, 12:59:03 »
Poor things... I hope they had a hair dryer available for them after hitting 'Peter's Pool'  [:D

England squad spend 48 hours with the Royal Marines in Devon - and it does not look fun

In the build-up to Saturday’s World Cup qualifier against Scotland at Hampden Park, England manager Southgate and his team spent 48 hours on a team bonding session in Devon with the Royal Marines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/05/england-squad-spend-48-hours-royal-marines-devon-does-not/

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2657 on: June 15, 2017, 12:21:19 »
Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for some of them ;)

Armed SAS troops take to streets disguised as tramps and street sweepers to stop another terror attack

SAS troops armed with Heckler and Koch MP7 guns have been disguised as beggars
They have been stationed at cities across the UK to prevent a terrorist attack
Three attacks have occured this year in London and Manchester, killing 35

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4601958/Armed-SAS-troops-disguised-tramps.html#ixzz4k5YHS65b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #2658 on: June 15, 2017, 12:56:04 »
Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for some of them ;)

Armed SAS troops take to streets disguised as tramps and street sweepers to stop another terror attack

SAS troops armed with Heckler and Koch MP7 guns have been disguised as beggars
They have been stationed at cities across the UK to prevent a terrorist attack
Three attacks have occured this year in London and Manchester, killing 35

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4601958/Armed-SAS-troops-disguised-tramps.html#ixzz4k5YHS65b

Transition training?
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #2659 on: June 15, 2017, 14:12:48 »
John Wick come to life.
I'm just like the CAF, I seem to have retention issues.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post

Offline CEDE NULLIS

• Rate Post
« Reply #2661 on: June 19, 2017, 11:42:03 »
5 down....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/trooping-the-colour-2017-pictures-video_uk_59451c0be4b06bb7d27372a8?ir=Canada&utm_hp_ref=canada

Haha. Bet those lads are going to be working weekends for the foreseeable future! That and they will never live it down!

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2662 on: June 27, 2017, 09:38:48 »
Only 500? Typical lying barsteward....

The East Belfast were particularly evil, twisted psychopaths, and I suppose they still are, but heavily penetrated by under cover operators in comparison to the IRA:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/23/former-uvf-commander-turned-informer-admits-to-200-terrorist-offences-gary-haggarty-murders

Offline CEDE NULLIS

• Rate Post
« Reply #2663 on: June 27, 2017, 12:34:16 »
A court martial is underway after two Army officers started a fire at their barracks by firing flares during a drunken party.

Forces News revealed details of the incident last year, which saw the pair taking kayaks into a swimming pool and firing flares at each other.

It's now emerged that the officers had been attempting to have 'gladiator fights', centred around the pool.

http://www.forces.net/news/army/reckless-court-martial-officers-who-started-fire-drunken-party

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2664 on: June 27, 2017, 12:38:17 »
A court martial is underway after two Army officers started a fire at their barracks by firing flares during a drunken party.

Forces News revealed details of the incident last year, which saw the pair taking kayaks into a swimming pool and firing flares at each other.

It's now emerged that the officers had been attempting to have 'gladiator fights', centred around the pool.

http://www.forces.net/news/army/reckless-court-martial-officers-who-started-fire-drunken-party

Every day I thank the Gawds of technology for the lack of social media back in my day... ;)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2665 on: July 02, 2017, 11:17:01 »
Decorations will be awarded by HMG for reducing ammo costs :)

SAS hero drowned ISIS fighter in a puddle after unit was encircled by jihadis with less than 10 bullets left

Troops were ambushed and trapped in a river bed when ammunition ran out
They chose to fight to the death and kill enemy forces in the process
They used their wit, brute strength, and weapons as clubs to defeat ISIS
A source counted 32 dead militants before the reminder retreated

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658438/SAS-hero-drowned-ISIS-fighter-puddle.html#ixzz4lgglllle

Online medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #2666 on: July 02, 2017, 11:30:52 »
Decorations will be awarded by HMG for reducing ammo costs :)

SAS hero drowned ISIS fighter in a puddle after unit was encircled by jihadis with less than 10 bullets left

Troops were ambushed and trapped in a river bed when ammunition ran out
They chose to fight to the death and kill enemy forces in the process
They used their wit, brute strength, and weapons as clubs to defeat ISIS
A source counted 32 dead militants before the reminder retreated

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658438/SAS-hero-drowned-ISIS-fighter-puddle.html#ixzz4lgglllle

The "reminder" retreated?  Was the writer Australian?  Lol

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2667 on: July 03, 2017, 19:19:10 »
I think they were SBS. :camo:

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2668 on: July 03, 2017, 19:39:59 »
I think they were SBS. :camo:

Whoever they were I'm sure they're suffering from relentless p$ss taking right now for running out of ammo ;)

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #2669 on: July 03, 2017, 19:52:26 »
It's happened before, IIRC.  Didn't the old joke go about that IRA bomb squad they shot near Gibraltar some 30 times that the only reason they shot them so many times was that was all the ammunition they had on them at the time.   ;D
I'm just like the CAF, I seem to have retention issues.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2670 on: July 03, 2017, 20:52:22 »
It's happened before, IIRC.  Didn't the old joke go about that IRA bomb squad they shot near Gibraltar some 30 times that the only reason they shot them so many times was that was all the ammunition they had on them at the time.   ;D

Though the SAS played significant roles in the Falklands and Gulf wars, the Irish connection has consistently placed the greatest strain on the character and image of the unit.

Its troopers were accused of ``shoot-to-kill'' tactics in Ulster, the hit-squad elimination of key IRA activists, and forays into the Irish Republic in illegal snatch operations. The killing of three unarmed IRA members in Gibraltar in March, 1988, in front of civilian witnesses was hailed as proof-positive of the Regiment's role as government assassins.

The satirical magazine, Private Eye, published a cartoon at the time in which one trooper asks another: ``Why did you shoot him 16 times?'' The second soldier replies: ``Because I ran out of bullets.''

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12119711.Silent_and_deadly/

Offline CEDE NULLIS

• Rate Post
« Reply #2671 on: July 05, 2017, 18:36:34 »
This is pretty big news over here right now:

SAS accused of killing unarmed Afghan civilians

The Royal Military Police is investigating an allegation that British special forces killed unarmed Afghan civilians, the BBC understands.
The BBC has spoken to one man who says four members of his family were killed in a night raid involving the SAS in 2011.
The Sunday Times has also reported other allegations of unlawful killing by British special forces.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40501304

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2672 on: July 05, 2017, 22:16:54 »
This is pretty big news over here right now:

SAS accused of killing unarmed Afghan civilians

The Royal Military Police is investigating an allegation that British special forces killed unarmed Afghan civilians, the BBC understands.
The BBC has spoken to one man who says four members of his family were killed in a night raid involving the SAS in 2011.
The Sunday Times has also reported other allegations of unlawful killing by British special forces.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40501304

Of course the old man will want at least $10m per person as per the recent Canadian precedent.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2673 on: July 09, 2017, 11:19:32 »
The truth about SAS shoot-to-kill night raids, by the hero of 200 secret ops: Soldier breaks ranks to defend elite unit from witch-hunt but says illegal killings were ‘unwritten rule of our job’:

•A former SAS soldier has admitted to The Mail on Sunday that illegal killings were 'an unwritten rule of our job' but strongly defended the regiment's actions
•His account comes after claims emerged that SAS members killed unarmed civilians in cold blood and falsified mission reports 
•He revealed how he took part in 200 night raids between 2010 and 2013, many investigated as potential war crimes by the RMP

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4678308/The-truth-SAS-shoot-kill-night-raids.html#ixzz4mLd54yn1

Offline FJAG

• Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • WordPress Page
« Reply #2674 on: July 09, 2017, 23:43:33 »
Civilians to be fast-tracked into senior Army ranks under proposals being examined by defence chiefs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4680538/Civilians-fast-tracked-senior-Army-ranks.html#ixzz4mOf0afF0

:cheers:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" book series at:
https://wolfriedel.wordpress.com