Author Topic: "BMQ on such-and-such a date " threads.......  (Read 4208 times)

aesop081

"BMQ on such-and-such a date " threads.......
« on: August 08, 2007, 00:43:35 »
Ok folks, i have seen quite a few of these get started now......thats fine if all you internet savvy kids want to find out if your buddy Billy Bob from Hoedung , SK will be with you or whatever......

Please, have a look to see if a thread dedicated to BMQ on a specific month has already been started.  We dont need 10 of them.......ONE will do !!!  Takes space and takes time for us mods to keep merging threads because you couldnt take a second to look around.

Your freindly milnet.ca staff

Offline Mr. Bumpy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Bump in the Night
Re: "BMQ on such-and-such a date " threads.......
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 10:08:27 »
Good Job CDN Aviator. It will clean up the boards a bit.

Regards,
TN2IC
I make things go Bump in the Night.

Offline Brockvegas

• Rate Post
  • Time to fend off the wolves.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:17:32 »
Thanks CDN, the Recruiting forums were starting to get pretty difficult to search through.
"In this life there are sheep, and there are wolves. Each has it's own job to do, so long as they both remember who the sheppard is."

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 13:39:47 »
Would it help (or hurt) to have a board dedicated to course discussion threads? That would clean up the clutter from the main recruiting boards but still allow individual, focused discussions about a specific course serial.

aesop081

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 14:09:43 »
Would it help (or hurt) to have a board dedicated to course discussion threads? That would clean up the clutter from the main recruiting boards but still allow individual, focused discussions about a specific course serial.

Was going to PM with that exact idea Mike.......

Board should be specificaly for BMQ/ BOTP and should be kept to specific months ( i.e. BMQ September 07) rather than course serial, IMHO

Offline Mr.Newf

• King of the Granite Planet
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Fuc*in Eh!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 14:19:58 »
Mike how about you make a sub-board in the 'Basic Training' board of The Recruiting Process part? That should work good enough.
I am the one and only

aesop081

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 14:57:46 »
I'm bumping this because people still arent listening

milnet.ca staff

Offline Cpl Brat

• The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 15:09:00 »
i started an october one and did search before and found nothing. So far i am all by my lonesome anyways :(
"your all a bunch of numpties!" - PO2 Lafitte

aesop081

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 15:10:18 »
i started an october one and did search before and found nothing. So far i am all by my lonesome anyways :(

Listen......i just merged yet another september 07 one.....i wasnt posting just because i felt like it

Offline Cpl Brat

• The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 15:13:33 »
just saying that some of us are listening and performing a search before.  Though i see how you would get flustered over lockign and merging or even deleting things all the time.
"your all a bunch of numpties!" - PO2 Lafitte

Offline Roy Harding

He\'s Back.

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 11:41:00 »
just saying that some of us are listening and performing a search before.  Though i see how you would get flustered over lockign and merging or even deleting things all the time.

I don't think he's "flustered" - perhaps "frustrated".

On searching - it took me a LOOOONG time to learn that when you search, ONLY the board (and it's sub-boards) that you are CURRENTLY viewing will be searched.  For instance, I am currently on the Milnet.ca Admin board - if I initiate a search here, ONLY the Milnet.ca Admin will be searched.

To do a thorough search, of the ENTIRE board, you need to be at the "root" board - Milnet.ca Forums (Or use the "Advanced Search" options).

This fact has tripped up more than one user (including me) - I'm not sure how it can be fixed.  A search of the ENTIRE board can take significant time - on the other hand, when I know that what I'm searching for is located on a specific board - I don't WANT to search the entire board.

The search function here at Milnet.ca is really quite good - but it does take a few minutes of "playing" with it before you get the results you should.  I've been looking at the search interface for quite some time - and I haven't come up with anything better.  Perhaps others could?

I love mankind.  It's people I can't stand.

Linus van Pelt

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 12:34:43 »
Roy, coming in Sept/Oct the search bar will show you the scope of your search. (E.G. This board, the entire site, this thread, etc.) That should clear up much of the confusion.

Offline 3rd Herd

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Cave ab homine unius libri
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 12:45:30 »
Thank you both Ray and Mike. Ray for now and Mike for later.
"if he was to be hanged for it, he told his brother, he could not accuse a man whom he believed had meant well, and whose error was one of judgment, not of intention"
Wellington