Author Topic: Whats it like to be a LCIS tech  (Read 48559 times)

Offline tsokman

• Banned
  • Rate Post
Re: Whats it like to be a LCIS tech
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2009, 18:37:40 »
the radio pack...
:)

MikeL

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2009, 18:46:35 »
I have no idea what you are asking or where you are trying to go with your posts, etc.

Are you saying you call the "radio pack" the one man comm pack ?

K, please just make your next post in clear coherant sentances/questions. Also don't make up your own terminlogy. Just call a radio a radio not a one man comm pack, etc

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2009, 18:59:21 »
tick
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline tsokman

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2009, 21:45:51 »
yes the radio a sig ops carries(on patrol..how does that differ from an infantry radio man)...im trying to see how the CandE trades cross-interact....
:)

MikeL

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2009, 21:53:12 »
yes the radio a sig ops carries(on patrol..how does that differ from an infantry radio man)

Generally the Platoon Signaller is an Infantryman, this can sometimes be filled by a Sig Op, all depends on the unit, etc But for the most part it is an Infantryman. In the Coy HQ there would be an OC Dismounted Signaller this is an Infantryman aswell. In the Coy HQ there is 3 Sig Ops, and they can go out with the OC, 2 I/C, etc an be his/her dismounted Signaller aswell or stay in the LAV, etc. For the Sigs not out on Operation/Patrol they would be doing shifts in the Coy CP.

im trying to see how the CandE trades cross-interact....

A very very simple way of describing it from the Sig Op perspective. Example... setting up a BN/BG HQ - Sig Ops set up the radios in a CP, Lineman set up the phonelines in a CP and the LCIS Techs fix what is broken.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2009, 22:01:31 »
OK  tsokman

I am going to put you out of your misery.  Skeletor and several others have explained over and over again what is happening in these Trades.  You are not clueing in at all.  Perhaps, you should put your keyboard away and take your mouse and click on some of the various topics that cover these three Trades. 

I am locking this, as this is the third time, minimum, that Skeletor explained the same thing to you.

George
Milnet.ca Staff
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.