Author Topic: NCD Nametag  (Read 9494 times)

Offline Klinkaroo

• Rate Post
NCD Nametag
« on: September 17, 2007, 17:09:32 »
This is going to sound so recruit like... but is there any official distances for the placement of the crest and the nametag (the nametag goes just above the top seam right?).

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Nametag and Crest Placement on NCDs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 17:10:49 »
The nametag goes between the 2 seams on the jacket.  Standby and I'll get the picture out of dress regs for you unless someone else posts it in the meantime.

From Dress regs Chapter 3, Appendix 3, Annex E Unit Identifiers.  For unit badges on Naval Combat Dress jacket:
(1) Worn on the right breast centred 0.6 cm
(1/4 in.) above the name tape
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 17:16:45 by airmich »
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline Klinkaroo

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 21:25:22 »
Thanks

Question Asked and Awnsered, Thread can be locked

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 03:44:41 »
Well,

I'll giddy-up and do that then.

Vern
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline James87

• Rate Post
NCD Nametag
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 21:26:05 »
On the New NCD Jacket:
Is the nametag supposed to be aligned with the bottom edge of the nametag along the bottom edge of the flap or centred(top to bottom) on the flap?

Offline MSEng314

• Rate Post
  • Audaces Fortuna Adjuvat
Re: Nametag Placement on New NCD Jacket
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 21:59:16 »
Dress instructions don't specifically say, but the figure seems to indicate that it is aligned bottom edge on the seam, but that is the old NCD jacket.
For the new jacket I've never heard tell one way or the other, mine has them sewn on lined up with the top seam, but I have seen people with top, centered, and bottom, so I guess it just depends on who does the sewing.

Long story short: it doesn't really matter...

Offline Blatch

• Rate Post
Re: Nametag Placement on New NCD Jacket
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 17:41:06 »
This is an excerpt from the Naval Dress committee meeting held in October 09.

q.  New NCD & Name Tags
LCdr Maranda demonstrated the new NCD name tag. The committee accepted the design. Location of Name Tags on the new NCD is “sewn on the lower edge of the flap and the Unit Crest is ¼ inch above the flap”

Offline Namor

• Rate Post
NCD Nametag and headdress specifics
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 17:33:06 »
I've just recieved my nametags for my NCDs. What is the recommended way to attach this to my uniforms?
I've heard of people sowing them on as well as ironing them on.

Is it best to take it to a tailor? Or should I rely on my sowing skills from BMOQ,

As well, when would I recieve the ncd baseball hat? As of now all I have is the beret with the cap badge I recieved in BMOQ. Is this something I can request from clothing?

Offline Chief Engineer

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: NCD Nametag and headdress specifics
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 17:44:56 »
I've just recieved my nametags for my NCDs. What is the recommended way to attach this to my uniforms?
I've heard of people sowing them on as well as ironing them on.

Is it best to take it to a tailor? Or should I rely on my sowing skills from BMOQ,

As well, when would I recieve the ncd baseball hat? As of now all I have is the beret with the cap badge I recieved in BMOQ. Is this something I can request from clothing?

Bring them to a tailor and get them sewn on,if your on base the base tailor at clothing stores will do it free of charge. When you get your unit, you will get a ball cap.
"When your draught exceeds your depth, you are most assuredly aground"

All opinions stated are not official policy of the CF and of a private individual

كافر