Author Topic: CP-140 Aurora  (Read 186124 times)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: CP-140 Aurora
« Reply #525 on: August 03, 2018, 15:15:55 »

I'd rather that than the standard "best xxx in the world" which can be used as a convenient excuse to not do the hard work to get better.  Like anything worth doing, the better you get the harder it is to get even better.

My 2 cents...

The "best XXX in the world..." stuff is irritating.  IMPACT, it was "one-of-a-kind ISR asset in the Coalition".  That stuff culminated when there was a RCAF GO speaking to the LRP Det in Happyland, who went on to tell us how we were unique in that 'we were the only manned ISR platform out there'.  The speech was given in the HAS we were using as a quasi-hanger, with his back to the door.  Directly behind him on the next ramp was one of the US P-3C AIP or LSRS birds that we saw on IFF, shared the stack with pretty regularly, waved at when our orbits crossed and said "hi" to when we bumped into them a few times at the DFAC.

It was hard to keep a straight face... 

I think the part that made me think "he makes us sound incompetent" was the "we are trying to figure that out..it is a walk/run process".  Maybe the context was mistaken on my part.   :2c:
The only time you have *too much gas* is when you're on fire.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: CP-140 Aurora
« Reply #526 on: October 16, 2018, 09:51:25 »
Combat Camera video:   OP CARIBBE - CP140 Aurora Mission
The only time you have *too much gas* is when you're on fire.