Author Topic: Winter Profile  (Read 16032 times)

Offline airmich

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Winter Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2007, 10:15:21 »
They look great Mike!  And like the big Christmas kid I am, I had to check out how it looked on all 4 sites!

Happy Holidays to almost everyone....and a lump of coal for the rest of you.  :D
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2007, 13:55:41 »
Some will likely still see them in February, caching seems to be a problem in some places. :)
I think the DWAN has a network cache that is responsible for a lot of that. 

Offline airmich

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2007, 13:58:40 »
I think the DWAN has a network cache that is responsible for a lot of that. 

Yep.  I still have pumpkins at work, no matter how many times I try to reload/refresh.
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline airmich

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2007, 05:24:06 »
P.S. You may want to shield your eyes on the reload.

Not quite as bright now Mike, you've got a few burnt out.  You should use LED next year,they'd probably be a bit easier on power for the server!  :D

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2007, 05:26:37 »
Hahah, you noticed!

And LED? Never! I'm an old-fashioned coal-fired hot-to-the-touch greenhouse-gas-emitting blind-the-neighbours painted bulb kind of guy.

None of this vaguely flickering stuff that looks like it was saved from the local peeler bar before it went under.

Offline Greymatters

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2007, 13:13:59 »
Burnt out simulated lightbulbs...nice touch!

Next... blinking Xmas lights?

Offline airmich

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2007, 13:35:44 »
Hahah, you noticed!

And LED? Never! I'm an old-fashioned coal-fired hot-to-the-touch greenhouse-gas-emitting blind-the-neighbours painted bulb kind of guy.

None of this vaguely flickering stuff that looks like it was saved from the local peeler bar before it went under.

I concur.  The old-fashioned bright stuff looks much better! 

Reminds me of a story.  I was in the City of Whitehorse a couple of years ago for a Namesake City visit with some other members of my ship.  The mayor was telling us how someone had done this big study on how much the city could save on costs by investing in LED XMas lights for the city displays.  The city went ahead and purchased all new lights.  Then they discovered a slight problem.  There wasn't enough heat in the LEDs to melt the snow that fell on them and therefore nobody could see the lights anyway!  So much for those savings.