Author Topic: New Years Concert/Party  (Read 3004 times)

Offline --NES--

• Rate Post
New Years Concert/Party
« on: December 04, 2007, 19:51:07 »

The Pibroch Club, Junior Ranks Mess of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada, is hosting a New Years Eve Concert and Party featuring THE MUDMEN!

Here are the Details;

Time/Date: doors open for the concert at 2000h on 31 DEC 07 (that would be New Years eve.. thus the name.).

Location: The Cambridge Armoury; 1 Valour place, Cambridge, Ontario N1R 3P1
note; 'Valour place' is the sidewalk leading from Ainslie street to the front door of the armoury. The armoury is beside the Cambridge bus terminal around Main St., Ainslie St. Lutz St. and Mill St. Here's a map

Entertainment:
Live Music From:

The MUDMEN

Lucky Number Ten

Philly Grace

Throughout the night, while the bands aren't playing, there will be a DJ to fill the gaps.

There will also be games and prizes, noise makers, silly hats and all the other New Years fare.

Refreshments;
The Parade Square is licensed for this event and will offer 2 bars to serve out guests who are of age ($2.50 per Beer or 1oz of Spirits).
For those who are not of age; non-alcoholic alternatives will be available.
This is an All-Ages Event; Wristband policy in effect.

Dinner;
For those who are interested, there will be a Surf and Turf dinner before the concert (1730-2000h).  The menu will include; Caesar Salad, New York strip loin, Lobster Tail, veggies and mini potatoes... nothing special, just a treat for the troops, but all are welcome.  There are only 75 tickets available for the dinner.

Tickets:
For the concert and the dinner; $35
For Just the Concert; $15

Tickets are available at either Junior Ranks Mess Locations;
The Pibroch Club
1 valour Place
Cambridge, ON

The Buron Club
350 East Avenue
Kitchener, ON
(Next to Kitchener Memorial Auditorium)

or Contact any member of the mess to sort you out.

Tickets for the concert are also available at the door, but space is limited... (sort of... the parade square is pretty big.)

If I don't see you there; Have a great New Years eve.
Please delete this account

Offline Rayman

• Can't decide between 89th Bty or 8 CH.
  • Rate Post
Re: New Years Concert/Party
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 13:31:52 »
MUDMEN!! Damn too bad I live out East. They play here a lot but the venues are too packed for me.
"Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank" - Peter Griffin.

Offline --NES--

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 15:14:59 »
Just wanted to post a quick update;  Tickets for the concert are still available: $15 at the door.

There will be 3 Raffle items;
- Canadian Club Reserve gift set with 1 40oz of CC reserve and 2 shot glasses
- Canadian Club Reserve gift set with 1 60oz, and a bunch of small bottles of CC Reserve
(FYI - Canadian Club is our official sponsor)
- Longview Jerky and meat gift pack; including 8 packs of Longview beef Jerky, 6 packs of Longview 'Roni stix' and 6 packs of Longview Bavarian Sausages
Tickets for these Raffles are $2 and the winner will be contacted to claim their prizes weather or not they're at the party when their name is drawn.

There will also be door prizes given out by admission ticket number drawn at random. These will include;
- Mudmen CDs, posters, T-shirts, etc.
- Lucky Number Ten T-shirts, posters, etc.
- Pibroch Club (JRs Mess) T-Shirts

As well, going with the military party tradition, we will be running a 50/50 draw.

Mandatory Advisory:
As this is an ALL AGES event, any draws for Alcoholic prizes will only be awarded to those who are of legal drinking age.

Now that the Unit is shut down for Christmas break and no one is around to sell tickets in the mess; I am the main point of contact for tickets.  If you would like to attend, just send me a message for advanced tickets... or just show up and get them at the door.

And if I don't see you there; Have a safe and Happy New Years.

Offline --NES--

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 01:00:17 »
Well.... I must say; This was the best damn New Years Eve event the Junior Ranks Mess of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada has hosted in a long time... I dare say ever.

The dinner was "meh"... bad caterer... but the concert made up for it.

We started off with some door prize raffles right after the dinner;
- 2 X Argo tickets (will call ticket voucher donated by a promotion company)

Some pics of me 'rockin the mic' (I'm not much of an MC... no one else would do it though.)

At 8:30pm, Philly Grace took the stage and proceeded to rock out some classic rock.

We had another quick intermission; enough time to get some more raffles done; 2 more Argos tickets and a Lucky Number Ten gift set; a CD and a T-shirt.

Then Lucky Number Ten tore the roof off the place with some hard hitting rock;

Yet another break before New Years, and some more door prizes; 2 more Argos tickets, and 2 gift packs from the Mudmen (a T-shirts and 2 CDs each)... then a 50/50 draw.. and on with the show.

At the stroke of midnight; 4 pipers, including Army.ca's own MP811, a piper from the Fusiliers, a piper friend of Lucky Number Ten, and myself (I wouldn't miss this for the world) fired up 'Auld Lang Syne', the Mudmen pipers jumped in and took over the show, crashing right into their set... it was amazing.

Those who survived the night partied with the bands well into 2008.... What an awesome party.

From left to right: Black Adam (Lucky Number Ten frontman), Yours truly, Cpl. Schuman and Sandy Campbell (Mudpiper from Mudmen).

From left to right; Todd Horne (Treasurer, RHFC JRs Mess), Sandy Campbell (Mudmen)

At the end of the night, all who were unable to drive home safely either took a cab (all civilian guests) or crashed in the building (all military members)... and those who were around the next day were my clean up crew... and, man, did they have their work cut out for them.

As for me; I slept for about 2 hours at 7am the next morning... woke up and started working again.  We got it all cleaned up and ready to go by Yesterday (Thursday, 03 JAN 08)... As it stands, unless the CO, DCO or RSM has any outstanding issue with what went on, or how we conducted ourselves (which I doubt they do), we will be doing this again next year... Only better.

All the volunteers and organizers are meeting next week to conduct our AAR and see where we could do better.... Next year will be even better.

I can only hope everyone else had as good a New Year as those who came out to the RHFC New Year concert.

;D

Offline just me...

• Rate Post
  • Soldier First
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 11:08:01 »
Not much else to say here.  This was an absolutely awesome time!!!!!  The bands all kicked serious *** and my wife and I truely had a great time!  RHFC_Piper and the rest of the unit truely know how to put on social functions for the troops, some other units could learn a few things from this group of hardworking volunteers!

Well done P.!!!!!!!!!!!..................looking forward to the next event!

Offline --NES--

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 20:16:45 »
BUMP

We're doing it again.

The Junior Ranks Mess of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada (Pibroch club) invite you to join us for a 2008 New Years Eve Concert.

Proceeds from this concert will help fund the Regiments trip to France for the 65th Anniversary of D-Day and the Liberation of Europe.

The Line up: (so far)

- The Mudmen
http://www.mudmen.ca/
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=14452634

- Bobnoxious
http://www.bobnoxiousrock.com/
http://www.myspace.com/bobnoxiousrock

- The Young Drifters

Possibly more!!

Where:
The Cambridge Armoury
Home of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada
1 Valour Place (21 Ainslie St. S)
Cambridge, ON
N1R 3P1
-- The Front Entrance is facing Ainslie street... look for the big Anti-Aircraft Gun.

When:
31 Dec 2008.
Doors open at 6:30 pm

Who:
Everyone is welcome. Bring your friend and family (if they're into loud music and partying).
This is an all ages event!
Wristband policy in effect, ID a must.

Tickets:
$15 Advance
$ 20 at the door
Tickets available at the Cambridge armoury; week days between 9am and 4pm (ask at Orderly Room) and Thursday Evenings, 7:30pm to 11:30pm at the Pibroch Club Bar in the Cambridge Armoury.
More details to come
All Proceeds going towards the RHFC battlefield tour; 4-13 JUN 09

For those of you who joined us for New Years last year, I trust you Remember (somewhat) how awesome a party that was... this will be much better. If you weren't there; just look at the pictures posted above and you'll see it was a blast.

Here is a map to the Armoury:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=21+Ainslie+St+S,+Cambridge,+ON,+Canada&sll=43.670233,-79.386755&sspn=0.460911,1.235962&g=Toronto,+ON,+Canada&ie=UTF8&ll=43.357723,-80.312725&spn=0.00181,0.004828&t=h&z=18

Parking is available in the public lot on Lutz St.

Everyone is welcome.

Offline --NES--

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 21:39:27 »
More info available here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=45773224342#/event.php?eid=45773224342

The Band List is final:

Mudmen

Bobnoxious

The Young Drifters

Dead Hour

For tickets, contact: info@pibrochclub.com

Offline The Crowe

Sushi out the arse.

• Albainn Gu Brath!
  • Rate Post
  • Just some guy.
    • Daniel MacEnchroe
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 03:08:57 »
Talking to the group of my friends... You may have a batch of Hamiltonians coming if others are down.  :)

Sounds like a damned good time.
Ex-CI of A&SH of C (PL) 2347 RC(Army)CC (2010-2011)
Ex-RSM of A&SH of C (PL) 2347 RC(Army)CC (2002-2008)

http://www.macenchroe.com

Offline --NES--

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 07:46:21 »
Talking to the group of my friends... You may have a batch of Hamiltonians coming if others are down.  :)

Sounds like a damned good time.

No... No Hamiltonians allowed.   >:(

Just kidding... you're more than welcome.  ;D
Besides, I think we're going to have a bunch of Argyles and Rileys there as well...  Everyone is welcome; it's open to the public and it's all-ages.

If you want the "advanced" tickets ($15), just send me a list of names and I'll put you and your group of friends on the guest list... It'll save you $5 at the door.

Cheers.