Author Topic: combats  (Read 23144 times)

Offline faraz_oman

• Rate Post
combats
« on: February 09, 2008, 21:21:34 »
 :cdn: :skull: :army: :threat: ??? >:D :salute: :bullet:

I was just wondering good places to buy combats for cheap in toronto
I really wanted to know because i'm going to a winter indoc on the 15th of feb so i wanted some combats.http://[sub]hi poop plph[sub][sup]jhkj[/sup][/sub][/sub]

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: combats
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 21:23:54 »
Mother of Gawd ... go easy on the smileys. You've used up your weekly quota in one post.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

MikeL

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 21:29:35 »
Goto a MEC an buy good clothes.

If you're hell bent on getting old used Combats goto a local surplus store.

Offline Chapeski

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 21:46:47 »
I really wanted to know because i'm going to a winter indoc on the 15th of feb so i wanted some combats.http://[sub]hi poop plph[sub][sup]jhkj[/sup][/sub][/sub]

Trust me, if you are spending any amount of time outside during the winter doing any sort of training, the last thing you'll want on your feet are a set of combats. They don't have  insulation, and you'll risk developing frostbite rather fast. And if you get frostbite that means your friends (who may or may not have their first aid yet) will have to help you out in a jam, and when I was your age there was no way I was going to let my friends help me like that. Best bet, get some mukluks from Canadian Tire, they should be about the same price but much warmer.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
"Nine times of ten an army has been destroyed because its supply lines have been severed"
- Macarthur, August 1950 to the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Offline RecceO

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 12:43:41 »
If you listened during the pre-indoc training yesterday, you would of heard the OIC say not to rush out and get combats if you don't have them. You were also provided with a kit list that tells you what to bring, there were no combats on there. You can get some if you would like, but it is not necessary for next weekend. 

Offline CaDeT_SeRgEaNt@2853

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 22:35:32 »
You could try Save More Sports Store...I'm not exactly sure where it is but I know it's across from an armouries.
CL 2005 G-Coy 24 Plt, Blackdown
CLI 2006 C-Coy PERT, Connaught
CLI 2007 A-Coy 2 Plt, D&C, Blackdown
Staff 2008 F-Coy 21 Plt, Blackdown

Offline Breacher41

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Per Pietas et Virtus
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 14:11:42 »
Or you could try MEC or Coast Mountain Sports or any other GOOD outdoor equipment company. If you want to blow money, buy yourself a nice warm jacket and snow pants and good insulating socks coupled with good boots.

LCF will get you mighty cold... for no reason.
هناك [هس تو] كنت يستعصي طريق

Offline ArmySailor

• :D
  • Rate Post
  • Living for the good times....
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 14:28:41 »
Get some long underwear that wicks and get a fleece layer, as well as some good gloves and a liner that you can work with outside (lighting stoves and such was a pain with the gortex gloves).
Add some wicking socks and your cadet wool socks, and a nice fleece balaclava.

Offline gwp

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 20:58:00 »
There is not enough information in your question to provide an answer.  A cadet going on a Region activity will be issued the required kit and given a kit list of those things that he/she must provide. The issued items will be something like this.
Issued Items – Cadet Program.  This section contains a list of the personal clothing and equipment for the expedition that will be issued to you during the administrative in-clearance routine  Cadets are required to fill out a sizing form is found at Annex F.
·   Outer Jacket .  1 each.  A 3-ply Gore-Tex, waterproof, breathable, and windproof, hooded jacket and pants.  NOTE: These items are only temporary issue for the expedition and will be returned upon completion of the hike.
·   Fleece sweater/jacket
·   1 pr hiking boots
·   1 Water bottle
·   1 Headlamp
·   1 whistle
·   Lip balm.  1 tube.  With both zinc and SPF 15+.
·   Sunscreen. 1 bottle.  SPF 15+;.
·   Foot Powder.  1 bottle; and
A member of the CF CIC taking the Cold Weather course  http://www.cadets.net/pac/rcis/CWICourse_Info_e.asp will be issued with the required kit.

If it is a corps/squadron event, the OIC will provide direction iaw the principles of the CWI Course.  If you don't have a qualified officer or equivalent the activity is not authorized. 

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 16:03:14 by gwp »

Offline gun runner

• Rate Post
  • Strike hard, fade fast, leave them guessing.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 15:54:27 »
Is that surplus store still just down the street from the Moss park armoury? I was only in there once(1991), and I cant be sure if it was a proper surplus store or just had militaria on display. Good luck. Ubique
Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Sir Winston Churchill.

The only thing for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke.

Offline Chapeski

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 17:37:00 »
Is that surplus store still just down the street from the Moss park armoury? I was only in there once(1991), and I cant be sure if it was a proper surplus store or just had militaria on display. Good luck. Ubique

Try this thread, might be insightful: http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,16408.0.html

Judging from the comments about that particular store, I don't know if I'd shop there. However, having never been there myself, you can always stop in and see what they have, and for how much. Check out that other thread first before heading out.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
"Nine times of ten an army has been destroyed because its supply lines have been severed"
- Macarthur, August 1950 to the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Offline 2754 WO GARDO

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 21:33:23 »
wow nobody mentioned beavers army surplus? dufferin street couple lights south of wilson?

Offline CadetMez

• Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 16:57:36 »
Cheap combats aren't going to give you the benefit you need for the winter.
A Royal Canadian Army Cadet

Offline Carcharodon Carcharias

• Drawing the crabs from Downunder :) WTF is TWL?
  • Banned
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 18:45:30 »
Cheap combats aren't going to give you the benefit you need for the winter.

And what would you wear?

Cheap used old OG107's, nice and baggy with some thermal underwear worn underneath, topped off with a pair of old windpants is far better than  some tight jeans and longjohns.

Cheers,

OWDU

"You've never lived until you've almost died; as for our freedom, for those of us who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know." - Anonymous

Offline CadetMez

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:12 »
I mean you can get $20 combats that let the wind in, thats kind of what i meant by cheap.
A Royal Canadian Army Cadet

Offline Carcharodon Carcharias

• Drawing the crabs from Downunder :) WTF is TWL?
  • Banned
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 03:21:46 »
I mean you can get $20 combats that let the wind in, thats kind of what i meant by cheap.

Well than maybe you should have mentioned the term 'worn out' and/or 'thin', as ooposed to cheap. Two different things, and I am not a mind reader.

OG107s in good condition are infact cheap and effective clothing for the outdoors in panclimatic conditions.

Regards from the tropics,

OWDU
"You've never lived until you've almost died; as for our freedom, for those of us who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know." - Anonymous

Offline Kyle Burrows

• I'm Batman
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Barking out orders"
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:59 »
Well than maybe you should have mentioned the term 'worn out' and/or 'thin', as ooposed to cheap. Two different things, and I am not a mind reader.

OG107s in good condition are infact cheap and effective clothing for the outdoors in panclimatic conditions.

Regards from the tropics,

OWDU
Wes,
Since the CCM has made OG107 the only acceptable CDN pattern, many surplus retailers have jacked up the price to make greater profit.
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-- February 1955 Combat Forces Journal

aesop081

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 15:29:55 »
Wes,
Since the CCM has made OG107 the only acceptable CDN pattern, many surplus retailers have jacked up the price to make greater profit.

Supply VS Demand.......the horror......

Offline Pat_Y

• Rate Post
  • Mark IV torpedo on the USN base in Guam
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 17:06:07 »
Supply VS Demand.......the horror......

works both ways, I guess not in this situation unfortunately

aesop081

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 17:31:52 »
works both ways, I guess not in this situation unfortunately

Missed the sarcasm eh ?

Offline Pat_Y

• Rate Post
  • Mark IV torpedo on the USN base in Guam
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 19:04:33 »
would it have helped if I put lol infront?

;)

Offline Bomb Disposal Bob

• Rate Post
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 13:23:30 »
I know this is late but go to Beaver Army Surplus on Duffrien, they cater to cadets all the time. The OD combats will cost below $90. :salute: :cdn:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 18:14:04 by c/RFN Pryce »
Nos Mos viam invenient - We Will Find A Way.

Offline formercadet1029

• Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 14:10:16 »
Army Issue located in Mississauga tends to carry items like this that are in at least 8 out of 10 condition, sometimes better or new.

Good Luck.

Offline Bomb Disposal Bob

• Rate Post
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 16:47:22 »
Are the combat boots for the combat Mk5's or can they be any boot? Could not find an answer anywhere and since it's part of combats i don't think i should of started a new topic for this.
Nos Mos viam invenient - We Will Find A Way.

Offline Military Chiklet

• The "Bandie"
  • Rate Post
  • Join the Dark side! we have cookies :)
    • Gaia profile (Cadet Style)
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 22:16:41 »
:cdn: :skull: :army: :threat: ??? >:D :salute: :bullet:

Well if this wasn't so long ago, I'd send you mine- they are in perfect condition, as my sqn doesn't go on many survival FTx's.
"Charles, When I said 'Hit the Deck' I didn't mean it literally!"