Author Topic: TCAT-PCAT info and questions ( merged )  (Read 105063 times)

Offline Justasoldier86

• Rate Post
Re: TCAT-PCAT info and questions ( merged )
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2018, 14:44:36 »
Does a PCAT disqualify someone from PLQ where the member is no longer in trade specs for multiple categories (V G H etc)?

Online paleomedic

• Rate Post
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2018, 06:51:09 »
It could. It depends.
I can't see the V CV H or A factors affecting anything. But the G and O factors definitely could. Especially if one of your PCAT limitations says no weapons handling or unfair operational environment/unfit field. Or PT restrictions.
A TCAT/PCAT is not supposed to hinder you from getting promoted as long as you can still do the job, but going to the field and handling weapons are part of PLQ.

Offline trooper142

• Rate Post
MP QL5
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2018, 13:38:02 »
Looked through the forum, couldn't find anything specific to my question.

Would a member on TCat due to a physical injury be precluded from attending QL5 due to said TCat, if that member can attend all classes and complete all coursework?

I ask because the joining instructions list a physical test day 1, but from my understanding, this isn't done anymore, maybe the joining instructions haven't been updated yet.

Thanks everyone

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2018, 14:29:01 »
It depends on the course.
Some courses require the member to be physically fit to be put on the course. If the course is mainly academic and not physical then you might be ok.

It may be in the qualification standard for that course. Id just contact the school that runs the ql5 and ask.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Online garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: MP QL5
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2018, 18:59:35 »
Looked through the forum, couldn't find anything specific to my question.

Would a member on TCat due to a physical injury be precluded from attending QL5 due to said TCat, if that member can attend all classes and complete all coursework?

I ask because the joining instructions list a physical test day 1, but from my understanding, this isn't done anymore, maybe the joining instructions haven't been updated yet.

Thanks everyone
Seeing as you're MP...

Your chain of command needs to send your TCAT and any MEL amendments that you may have received since the TCAT was issued, to CFMPA.  The final decision is made by the Academy on a case by case basis.

PT is still a requirement on the QL5, and 6A, and 6B...

Offline trooper142

• Rate Post
Re: MP QL5
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2018, 19:13:42 »
Seeing as you're MP...

Your chain of command needs to send your TCAT and any MEL amendments that you may have received since the TCAT was issued, to CFMPA.  The final decision is made by the Academy on a case by case basis.

PT is still a requirement on the QL5, and 6A, and 6B...

This is what I was looking for! Thanks garb811!

Fingers crossed