Author Topic: Afghan Facts and Fiction?  (Read 23190 times)

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • You can deprive the body but the soul needs choco!
Re: Will you vote NDP in the next election?
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2008, 17:33:16 »
This all sounds entirely too familiar... Does this board have the ability to check IP addresses?

Yep they have. And with the popularity that Majstorovic had, I'm sure a mod did it...
Louvre website

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."  Marcel Proust

Offline Teeps74

• Rate Post
Re: Will you vote NDP in the next election?
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2008, 17:35:15 »
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what any of us here think because we don't get paid/trained to criticize and analyze foreign policy.  We behave like good little boys and girls and do what we are told. That is the basis upon which the chain of command works. Without it there would be no military.
We could get told to go attack our own mothers tomorrow and we would have to comply. 
It's the winners who write history, correct?   If WWII had turned out differently, Canada would be the evil ones and its soldiers would be put on trial as the culprits. Might makes right.
I'm not being sarcastic.  Can we not agree on that much?

No, we can not agree on your deliberate useage of misinformation here... You claim to be an engineer on your profile with 2 years. I say claim, because EVERY recruit in BMQ learns that not only must we report unlawful commands up the chain of command, but we MUST refuse to obey them. An unlawful command is any command that breaks our own laws, and the example you post above clearly falls under that category, just as the Mei Lei Massaquer did. Your lack of the basic concepts of military justice and ethics is clear, which opoints to a lack of even a basic understanding of the military ethos.
"... to fight and conquer in all your battles
    is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists
    in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Afghan Facts and Fiction?
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2008, 19:40:36 »
... You claim to be an engineer on your profile with 2 years. I say claim, because EVERY recruit in BMQ learns that not only must we report unlawful commands up the chain of command, but we MUST refuse to obey them. An unlawful command is any command that breaks our own laws, and the example you post above clearly falls under that category, .............. Your lack of the basic concepts of military justice and ethics is clear, which opoints to a lack of even a basic understanding of the military ethos.

Very good point.  I guess this would make Majstorovic a Poser or another Francisco Juarez.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.