Author Topic: Op ARTEMIS: Counter-terr/secur @ sea (merged)  (Read 30685 times)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: Op ARTEMIS: Counter-terr/secur @ sea (merged)
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 20:20:24 »
I've gone out the door on deployments in well less than a week (of the 3 month kind), less than 48 hours for the *less than a month kind*.

So...like some others, I am holding my breath, and concurrently knocking off my high readiness *stuff*.  No official announcement has come that IMPACT is winding down (for LRP folks) and the GoC just announced a new OP the 140 is heading to.

Having seen the op tempo from the inside of the box for a few years now personally...well,  I spent today checking my requirements and getting myself GREEN.   :2c:  I had a REALLY short fuse on my last trip away.
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 13:33:38 »
Bumping with the latest from Combined Maritime Forces (12 Jun 2017):
Recent attacks against merchant shipping in the Gulf of Aden and Bab-el-Mandeb have highlighted that there are still risks associated with transits through these waters. In addition to several attempts at piracy, attacks by small, high speed boats using small arms, rocket propelled grenades, and significant amounts of explosives have been conducted against MV GALICIA SPIRIT in October 2016 and MT MUSKIE in May 2017. In the case of the MT Muskie, the ship’s embarked security team was able to thwart the attack resulting in the small boats breaking off their attack and one boat exploding for an unknown reason at a safe distance from the Muskie. While these small boat attacks were both unsuccessful, and the identity of the attackers remains unknown, they demonstrate a new threat to the maritime community.

In response to these threats the Combined Maritime Forces will be increasing the naval presence in the western Gulf of Aden. It is important to note however that these attacks can develop rapidly and having warships positioned for an effective response depends on information provided by the shipping community ...
Things seem to be getting busier where the Canadian ships/patrol planes are going to be headed ...
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2017, 20:49:12 »
When did the GoC/Liberals say the CAF people would actually be going again?   :pop:

Offline jmt18325

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2017, 01:07:07 »
When did the GoC/Liberals say the CAF people would actually be going again?   :pop:

Based on their wording and the timeline given, it looks like 2018 will see a frigate and a CP-140 deployed.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2017, 08:47:59 »
Who knows eh?  They didn't actually give dates is my point.