Author Topic: Military Discounts List  (Read 645917 times)

Offline runormal

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Military Discounts List
« Reply #575 on: January 18, 2016, 21:50:30 »
Porter Airlines offers a 10% discount to CAF personnel and veterans with a CFOne Card.

Plus, Porter has quietly changed their checked luggage policy to offer up to three free bags for military travellers.

Well time to get a CFOne card.. Thanks

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #576 on: January 18, 2016, 22:02:00 »
Well time to get a CFOne card.. Thanks

Got an email before Christmas that I was getting a "new" one.  Haven't seen it yet.  Is it CANEX or CANADA POST?  That is the question.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline bwatch

• Long may your lums reak
  • Rate Post
  • This is me in Montreal
« Reply #577 on: January 19, 2016, 00:28:46 »
They do seem a bit slow. I'm in the same boat.

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #578 on: January 19, 2016, 06:41:27 »
Got an email before Christmas that I was getting a "new" one.  Haven't seen it yet.  Is it CANEX or CANADA POST?  That is the question.

I recieved mine yesterday in the mail - the silver one. And I saw the "Porter" logo on one of the inserts... never knew. That's a good one. I think it identifies your service to the civilian sector... mine says "Canadian Forces Member" or something like that, but there are a few pics of the card, one of which says "Veteran"...
Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline bwatch

• Long may your lums reak
  • Rate Post
  • This is me in Montreal
« Reply #579 on: January 19, 2016, 15:47:35 »
The V was too small for some to see or maybe they didn't know what the V stood for. I pointed out the V to one Air Canada agent and said he didn't know.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #580 on: January 19, 2016, 17:01:58 »
I've taken advantage of the Porter CAF perks on occasion. Besides the perks, I've found the people at Porter make other airlines look like they are operating out of Lower Slobovia (oldsters will know where that is  ;) )
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #581 on: January 20, 2016, 10:02:04 »
I've taken advantage of the Porter CAF perks on occasion. Besides the perks, I've found the people at Porter make other airlines look like they are operating out of Lower Slobovia (oldsters will know where that is  ;) )

We once (or twice...) patrolled the AOR between Lower Slobovia and Middle Fantasia. Those Dudaninan forces were relentless!!

Offline krustyrl

• Rate Post
« Reply #582 on: February 23, 2016, 23:05:58 »
Back-posture or shoulder problems.? This company offers a military discount of 50% on their "posture performance shirt" This product was seen on the Dragon's Den on CBC. I have just purchased one and wanted to pass on the discount Adrenal-Ease offered when I asked. Should you wish to purchase online, they accept Visa, MC Paypal etc.

Make sure you type HALF50 in the coupon box for your discount.

http://www.adrenalease.com/

Offline Tapion

• Rate Post
« Reply #583 on: March 18, 2016, 12:14:48 »
Tapion House is a guest house in the Tapion District of Castries, St Lucia, West Indies, that overlooks lovely Tapion Bay.  My wife and I run the place and we are both veterans of the Canadian Army, having some 45 years of service between the two of us.  We offer a 10% discount to all current and former serving CF personnel as well as police forces.  This also extends to all member nations of the Commonwealth and NATO.  This discount is in addition to and cumulative with all of our other offers and discounts.

For example, we provide a 10% discount for all guests staying a week or more.  So, a military member staying with us for a week would receive a 20% discount.  We have two suites, each with their own rate, however the Ocean View Suite is currently rented on a long-term basis until December 2016.  Our Garden View Suite has a daily rate of $75 USD/night, but for a military member or veteran staying a week or longer, the rate drops to $60 USD/night.

Additionally, for all our guests staying a week or more, we provide at no charge and with our compliments your choice of four of the following:

a.  a bottle of white wine (Yellow Tail or similar);

b.  a bottle of red wine (Yellow Tail or similar);

c.  a 1 litre "growler" of Antillia Brewing Company's finest pale ale, stout, wheat ale or seasonal ale (flavoured with tropical treats like mango, passion fruit, starfruit, etc); or

d.  a dozen Piton Beer.

If you prefer, we would definitely remove the alcohol and substitute an equivalent value of bottled water, juice, soda or other beverages of your choice. 

In addition to the beverages, we also provide a $100 XCD credit to you and we will lay in the groceries of your choosing.  This way, when you arrive, you don't have to worry about grocery shopping until after breakfast the next day.

Wifi is free as is parking.  VAT is included in all our rates.  There is no cleaning fee when you leave, we do not charge additional person fees and parking is likewise complimentary.

Our Garden View Suite has two bedrooms (Queen Bed in the master, double bed in the junior), a full kitchen with all pots, pans, cutlery, dishes, etc, air conditioning, a beautiful balcony and in suite laundry facilities.

We can be found on VRBO, AirBnB, Trip Advisor, FlipKey, Facebook, Twitter and of course, at our website of www.tapionhouse.com.  Always feel free to write us at tapionhouse@hotmail.com or tapionhouse@gmail.com or call Don at 758-723-2230 or Doris at 758-723-2174.

Thank you all for your service and we would love to see you down here and share the beauty and culture of St Lucia with you!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 13:02:18 by Tapion »

Offline Flavus101

• Rate Post
Tapion House
« Reply #584 on: March 21, 2016, 10:31:44 »
That looks and sounds like a very nice place!

Beautiful dogs you two have.  :nod:

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Regimental Headquarter Staff
« Reply #585 on: April 15, 2016, 12:58:56 »
Those looking for a new phone Telus has a nice discount....see attachment. More info can be seen on https://www.cfappreciation.ca/Pages/default.aspx

CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #586 on: April 20, 2016, 12:47:19 »
BTW you got prompt service with the program I listed above. Next day shipping to your door, they will put you on a corporate account though to get the discounted plan rates. Took this offer to BELL and they couldn't match so I switched..so far no issues..

This is who you have to deal with:

Telus - Skywireless

Employee Purchase Plan is now available to all currently serving and Veterans of the Canadian Forces, Department of National Defence employees, and eligible members of the CF Appreciation Program (CF One card holders with codes: CF, V, D).

Telus Phones are available

Telus Rate Plans available

For Inquiries Email: sam@skywireless.ca Sam McDermott at sam@skywireless.ca / 647 883 4397 Scan & email – activate@skywireless.ca Fax - 905.850.2899

Please Include your CFOne Card and a matching piece of photo ID

CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Offline af428

• Rate Post
« Reply #587 on: April 25, 2016, 16:01:19 »
At www.mydogtag.com they offer a 25% discount to active duty or veteran Canadian, USA, and NATO Military or Police force personnel. They also offer this discount for dogtags made in a memorial tribute to fallen or wounded soldiers. Contact them using your military email address with your info and they will provide you with a coupon code. I emailed them at help@mydogtag.com

They also have the latest technology for engraving the ID Discs.

Offline kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #588 on: September 01, 2016, 18:34:38 »
Canadian Tire gas stations offer:  3 cents off every Friday.

If staff argue - reference: pg 16 RCL magazine Sept/Oct 2016 issue

Small print:
"Must show CF ID or CF1 card to qualify, with payment in all kiosks at CT Gas+ locations."
ID's include: NDI 10, 20, 75, VA, Health Benefit card, or CF1 cards with CF, FF, V or D on the card.

Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #589 on: November 03, 2016, 12:58:28 »
Check with your local Mr. Lube location this November 10th.
Most locations are offering a free oil change to serving members, and veterans.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Rheostatic

• Rate Post
  • Don't shoot the messenger
« Reply #590 on: November 04, 2016, 08:59:23 »
Quote from: Coast Hotels
Enjoy 15% off Best Available Rate!
It's our way of honoring you.
Each year around this time, we take a step back from our caffeine-fueled days to remember and honor our heroes, the veterans and active duty military members. To show our appreciation, we're proud to offer veterans 15% off Best Available Rate for stays from November 1 to November 30, 2016 at participating hotels.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #591 on: November 08, 2016, 22:43:21 »
Bed Bath and Beyond is offering 25% off almost everything from 10-13 November for CAF members, retireees & spouses.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline slayer/raptor

• Rate Post
« Reply #592 on: November 09, 2016, 17:38:44 »
I've heard a few times that as military/gov't workers Rogers offers a 30% discount on all plans, even our personal ones. Yet I tried calling to apply, and they responded with something along the lines of "Talk to your HR representative and they will give you some sort of access code and you would send us an email from your work email address and we would then be able to see what kind of discount you get".
My first question is has anyone done this successfully, and secondly, who would be our HR folks? I'm currently on parental so I'm not to sure how to go about this.
Thanks

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
« Reply #593 on: November 09, 2016, 21:27:00 »
Cabela's Canada is offering their employee discount to serving military, veterans, law enforcement, fire, EMS, Coast Guard and Conservation Officers from 10 - 13 November 2016 on all in-store merchandise.
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #594 on: December 22, 2016, 19:40:16 »
And now MARINE ATLANTIC modifies the CF APPRECIATION FARE as of 1 JAN 17 you need to have a CF1 Card inorder to access the fare.....

New eligibility program for the Canadian Forces Appreciation Fare
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #595 on: December 22, 2016, 19:54:06 »
And now MARINE ATLANTIC modifies the CF APPRECIATION FARE as of 1 JAN 17 you need to have a CF1 Card inorder to access the fare.....

New eligibility program for the Canadian Forces Appreciation Fare

So?

Why have you not gotten your CF1 Card?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #596 on: December 22, 2016, 20:02:42 »
So?

Why have you not gotten your CF1 Card?

;D

Who says I don't have one....anyways posted it more as info for anyone thinking on using the service.
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Offline Squirler

• Rate Post
« Reply #597 on: January 11, 2017, 18:26:48 »
For those of you who vape and are in the lower mainland, Cloud Cache offers a 10% discount to all military, veterans, and first responders. Thet are in Burnaby at 101-7655 Edmonds St. I use them to get my juice.

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #598 on: January 12, 2017, 18:21:30 »
Just a shot in the dark here, but by "lower mainland" you are not referring to upper and lower Canada... I was smart see, and I put 2 and 2 together when you said Burnaby and deduced you are talking about New Brunswick... because EVERYTHING cool happens in New Brunswick...

Offline Bones43

• Rate Post
« Reply #599 on: February 28, 2017, 13:59:21 »
Hey everyone... I'm new to this site and have a question regarding the Military Discounts.
I'm a Veteran of the Reserves and served in the early 90's, and was curious what would acceptable ID be.  All i have is an CF1 card.
All I had when I served was a paper id with my service number, unit and rank which is long gone now.

Thanks