Author Topic: need phone number  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Skoubi

• Rate Post
need phone number
« on: October 11, 2008, 12:38:39 »
hello, i have ordered a credit card but they need a number to confirm I am in the army..
can anyone help me? thanks

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: need phone number
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 12:50:28 »
hello, i have ordered a credit card but they need a number to confirm I am in the army..
can anyone help me? thanks

If you are in the Army, then you should know to give them the phone number for your Orderly Room.

I have never heard of a Credit Card company asking for proof that a person was employed.  Is this a Bank Credit Card?  If so, all you would need is a statement of your pay from your Orderly Room to give to the Bank.  So you see, we have come back to your Orderly Room.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline kratz

Summer is here...and more rain.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: need phone number
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 18:39:10 »
To add a note to the above advice. An OR will not give out personal information when a credit card/bank calls for confirmation. So make sure your information (ie: telephone and address) is correct and current with your lender and the SHO before asking the lender to call the SHO.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.