Author Topic: CIC enrollment  (Read 57188 times)

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
Re: CIC enrollment
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 02:12:30 »
What happens after your interview and physical?  How long after that do you usually attest?  How long after you attest are you in uniform?  I have my physical late in August and our last CIC officer leaves our corps in October.  What are the odds I'd be in uniform by then.  Oh, passed my interview ok, so just the physical to get through.  Just curious as to timelines others have experienced.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Offline N. McKay

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2009, 20:26:49 »
What happens after your interview and physical?  How long after that do you usually attest?  How long after you attest are you in uniform?  I have my physical late in August and our last CIC officer leaves our corps in October.  What are the odds I'd be in uniform by then.  Oh, passed my interview ok, so just the physical to get through.  Just curious as to timelines others have experienced.

If your physical exam is free of any issues that require follow-up (e.g. a letter from your family doctor, etc.) then it could be a matter of weeks.  Once you're enrolled, getting your uniform and military ID are just a matter of logistics.  If you live near a CF base you could get them done as quickly as that week or the next. 

Uniforms are no longer issued at Clothing Stores, but rather are ordered from the supplier (Logistik Unicorp) and delivered.  I don't know the current procedure for an initial issue -- you may have to go to Clothing Stores to be measured and have your order placed.

As a newly-enrolled reservist you will get a temporary ID, which is made "while-you-wait", with the whole process taking under 20 minutes.  You will probably be required to be in uniform for the picture, so that will probably be the last step.

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2009, 22:09:40 »
Thanks, I was just a little worried about getting everything in order before our last officer left.
I shouldn't have any issues.  I am over 40 but the folks at the CFRC have already given me the paperwork on additonal tests they require from my family physician so I think I've gotten it all together. 

I appreciate your time in sorting this out for me.

Offline N. McKay

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 12:03:50 »
Thanks, I was just a little worried about getting everything in order before our last officer left.
I shouldn't have any issues.  I am over 40 but the folks at the CFRC have already given me the paperwork on additonal tests they require from my family physician so I think I've gotten it all together. 

I appreciate your time in sorting this out for me.

Glad to help.

Something tells me that if you're about to be the only officer in your unit, expediting your enrollment is likely to be a priority for your Detachment.

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 17:47:45 »
Already on it.  I have three applications ongoing and maybe one more coming in.  I realize that it is very nearly impossible to run a cadet unit with one officer, at least run one successfully.  I am hoping that by this time next year they will have gone thru the recruiting process or at least be going thru it at that time. In the mean time they will be civilian volunteers.  I am hoping that their CI paperwork gets looked at at Det sometime soon so they will at least be on the payroll. 

It is a pretty daunting task getting thrown in the fire like I have been but I am looking forward to the challenges.

Offline Kyle Burrows

• I'm Batman
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Barking out orders"
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2009, 22:40:49 »
Sorry to deviate from the topic - but, Northernalbertan - how many cadets do you have on paper?
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-- February 1955 Combat Forces Journal

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 10:20:27 »
We are a small rural corps and have 22 on paper, we usually parade 20.  I'm hoping to get that number up to around 35 this year.  I've had a number of enquiries so far this summer and 35 seems an attainable number.

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2009, 23:22:56 »
Well, I went through the physical today and I guess I can hear thunder and see lightning so I will be attesting and coming aboard as a CIC officer cadet in the next couple of weeks. 

In summation, my total time from application to attesting was less than 1 yr (9 months) and I am former service.  I'm sure they sped the process up a little but my backcheck, interview and medical were right smack dab in the middle of the RMC recruiting season and the local CFRC was a very busy place.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the process.  I may have felt a little personal anxiety about timelines but that was only because I was anxious for the process to be completed.  In retrospect things actually went along at a fairly good pace.  I wanted to express my appreciation for what I am sure can be a pretty thankless job at times.

Hoping to be able to change my avatar shortly.

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 01:07:10 »
I attested 15 Oct.  Some elements took a little longer than I thought but the deed is done.
I am glad to be able to say I am again a member of the CF.  Sounds korny but I am proud.

Offline GridNorth

• Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2009, 11:51:00 »
NorthAlbertan

Congrats & Glad to hear this worked out.

Not all stories go so well. I know firsthand of the Circus that is DCDTs and their pathetic HR / Personnel systems, so those that have the patience to make it thru, well done!.

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2009, 00:30:41 »
Well I have relearned that the army does at times move at the speed of smell. ::)

I agree that the process could use some streamlining.  There were several places in the process where things could have been sped up considerably.  Not having a qualified officer at the CFRC to do the initial interview held my app up for over a month for example.  I am sure COATS could assist with this part of the process. 

DCDTS has realized that there are  inefficiencies in the system, I've seen an email somewhere that they are looking to repair the process and speed things up in the new year. 

What does everyone think would be a reasonable time frame from app to attestation?

Offline gwp

• Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2009, 14:16:03 »
Well I have relearned that the army does at times move at the speed of smell. There were several places in the process where things could have been sped up considerably.  Not having a qualified officer at the CFRC to do the initial interview held my app up for over a month for example.  DCDTS has realized that there are  inefficiencies in the system, I've seen an email somewhere that they are looking to repair the process and speed things up in the new year. 

What does everyone think would be a reasonable time frame from app to attestation?

That question applies equally to enrolling in any the RegF or any sub component of the Reserve Force.  CFRCs have a finite number of people and available expertise depending upon the intake.  Lengthy enrolments are not specific to the CIC Branch of the CF.  Reasonable is often defined by how long the candidate is prepared to wait.

Offline The Crowe

Sushi out the arse.

• Albainn Gu Brath!
  • Rate Post
  • Just some guy.
    • Daniel MacEnchroe
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 16:02:43 »
Making the great plunge  :piper:

Heading down to my local armories tonight and starting the application process assuming the opening exists! Worst case scenario I'll sign on as a CI/CV. I think it's about time I give back to the great organization that has given me so much in the past now that my career allows for it.

See you around boys and gals. Crowe is back in the game.
Ex-CI of A&SH of C (PL) 2347 RC(Army)CC (2010-2011)
Ex-RSM of A&SH of C (PL) 2347 RC(Army)CC (2002-2008)

http://www.macenchroe.com

Offline The Crowe

Sushi out the arse.

• Albainn Gu Brath!
  • Rate Post
  • Just some guy.
    • Daniel MacEnchroe
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:46 »
Signing the formal papers to become a CI on Sunday, then starting the enrollment process for CIC! They had some openings!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 14:02:43 by The Crowe »

Offline The Crowe

Sushi out the arse.

• Albainn Gu Brath!
  • Rate Post
  • Just some guy.
    • Daniel MacEnchroe
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2010, 11:19:25 »
Sundays range date was canceled, Monday it is!

Offline Northalbertan

• Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2010, 14:19:40 »
It is now nearly a year further on and it has been a good year.  We have 5 other applications nearly through the process.  One applicant has been through the medical and interview with the remaining right behind.  We have also been fortunate in being able to CT a recently retired RF SGt from the Supp Res into COATS.  The primary hold up in getting through the process is indeed the RCSU.  Once the app is at the recruiting center the process is complete in about three months.  It is still a good idea to contact your file manager and stay on top of your application though.

I would like to thank the owner of this site and his directing staff.  This site is great resource for us.  You can count on my subscription for years to come.

Northalbertan

Offline Mac1969

• Rate Post
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2014, 18:38:57 »
Hi there,
             I'm currently a CV with a local Army corps. My CO is recommending me for a CIC uniformed position as there is an opening he wants me in. I couldn't be happier however I'm a bit nervous what DND may think of me. When I was younger I tried joining the regs 3 times however I didn't score too well on my CFAT. I had some MOC's open but not many. After the third time it was advised that I would have to upgrade my math skills to rewrite again. All three times was in between 1999-2001.
I went to College for a 1 year program, then hit the work force after. I'm now in my middle 30's, a Manager in my division and feel confident and well established in life. I was a cadet before until I aged out. I really would love to move forward in CIC as I have the time and money to devote myself to the program. However, will my past of trying to join the regs be a barrier when my application will be sent for consideration to the CFRC?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Offline my72jeep

• It is the duty of all canadians to be prepared to defend thier country
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2014, 20:20:35 »
You sound like 50% of the CIC I serve with. Don't fret the little things.
MA Davidson CD
Wawa,Ont.
Army.ca coin #53