Author Topic: Op CARIBBE Highlights (merged)  (Read 24635 times)

Offline misratah500

• Rate Post
Re: OP Caribbe Time in Box
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 18:20:32 »
I heard from the senior clerk on one of our ships that there is a issue in Ottawa at DH&R about these medals. Something about funding or materials. I can't remember exactly. Has anyone heard anything about issues at DH&R.

Offline E.R. Campbell

• Retired, years ago
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Op CARIBBE 2015
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 06:08:26 »

News release here
It is ill that men should kill one another in seditions, tumults and wars; but it is worse to bring nations to such misery, weakness and baseness
as to have neither strength nor courage to contend for anything; to have nothing left worth defending and to give the name of peace to desolation.
Algernon Sidney in Discourses Concerning Government, (1698)
----------
Like what you see/read here on Army.ca?  Subscribe, and help keep it "on the air!"

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Re: Op CARIBBE 2015
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 09:06:06 »

News release here
Congrats Goose Bay & Shawinigan!
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Re: Op CARIBBE Highlights (merged)
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 12:26:02 »
BZ all!  :salute:
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Chief Engineer

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 07:31:58 »

HMCS Whitehorse, USCG Seize over 5200 Kg of Drugs

Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship Whitehorse, in collaboration with the U.S. Coast Guard and the U.S. Navy, assisted with the interception of more than 5200 kg of cocaine in international waters of the Eastern Pacific Ocean off the coast of Costa Rica as part of Operation CARIBBE in early March.

Interdictions of multi-ton loads of drugs in the maritime transit zone of the Eastern Pacific ocean typically occur several times each year. The bust is one of the largest in the region since 2009 when the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Jarvis (WHEC-725) intercepted a semi-submersible craft in the Eastern Pacific carrying approximately five tons of cocaine.

“The involvement of HMCS Whitehorse in this significant seizure is indicative of our commitment to working with partners in deterring transnational criminal activity. We remain diligent in our preparations and steadfast in conducting operations”, Lieutenant-General Jonathan Vance, Commander, Canadian Joint Operations Command said.

Operation CARIBBE is Canada’s contribution to Operation MARTILLO – a multinational, joint, combined, and interagency effort by the nations of the Western Hemisphere and Europe to prevent illicit trafficking in the Caribbean basin, the eastern Pacific Ocean and the littoral waters of Central America.

"When your draught exceeds your depth, you are most assuredly aground"

All opinions stated are not official policy of the CF and of a private individual

كافر

jollyjacktar

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 07:46:01 »
Excellent job once again.   :salute:

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
WHITEHORSE at 'er again
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 08:04:48 »
MOAR drugs seized!
Her Majesty's Canadian Ship (HMCS) Whitehorse assisted the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) in the interception of more than 600 kg of cocaine in international waters of the Eastern Pacific Ocean off the coast of El Salvador as part of Operation CARIBBE in late March.

Quick Facts
  • HMCS Whitehorse actively assisted USCG Cutter Boutwell in the pursuit and subsequent interception of a vessel of interest in the Pacific drug transit zone. Once on scene, crew members from USCG Cutter Boutwell retrieved 15 bales of cocaine  – weighing more than 600 kg – from the water surrounding the vessel.
  • This is the second significant narcotics interception for HMCS Whitehorse this year on Operation CARIBBE. On March 6th, the ship’s crew, in collaboration with the U.S. Navy and in support of the USCG, assisted in the seizure of approximately 5284 kg of cocaine off the coast of Costa Rica.
  • The seizure could not be divulged until now to avoid jeopardizing the investigation into the matter.
  • Operation CARIBBE is Canada’s contribution to Operation MARTILLO – a multinational, joint, combined, and interagency effort by the nations of the Western Hemisphere and Europe to prevent illicit trafficking in the Caribbean basin, the eastern Pacific Ocean and the littoral waters of Central America.
  • Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) assets deployed on Operation CARIBBE act in a support role. While operating in international waters, their tasks are to locate, track, and approach suspect vessels. USCG Law Enforcement Detachment personnel embarked on Royal Canadian Navy ships may further proceed to board and conduct law enforcement operations.

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
Ten years already ...
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:12 »
A decade of dope busting - via the info-machine:
Her Majesty’s Canadian Ships (HMCS) Moncton and Summerside departed Halifax today to participate on Operation CARIBBE 2016, marking the start of Canada’s 10th year of contributions to Op MARTILLO - the multinational campaign against transnational criminal organizations in the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean.

Quick Facts

HMC Ships Moncton and Summerside are the first of several Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) assets that will participate on Operation CARIBBE 2016. Throughout the year, the Royal Canadian Navy will deploy warships from both the East and West Coasts, while the Royal Canadian Air Force will provide CP-140 Aurora aircraft from various long-range patrol squadrons, all in support of Operation MARTILLO.
    As part of Operation CARIBBE 2015, the CAF contributed four CP-140 Aurora surveillance aircraft, five Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels (HMC Ships Brandon, Goose Bay, Nanaimo, Shawinigan and Whitehorse), two Halifax-class frigate with their embarked CH-124 Sea King helicopter (HMCS Winnipeg and Vancouver), and one Iroquois-class destroyer (HMCS Athabaskan) with her two embarked CH-124 Sea King helicopters.
    HMC Ships Moncton and Summerside will look to follow-up on the success of HMC Ships Brandon and Whitehorse. The ships assisted in the seizure and disruption of more narcotics during a 44-day deployment in the fall of 2015 than any other duo of Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels in the history of Operation CARIBBE, with a combined total of approximately 9,800 kilograms.
    Operation CARIBBE is one of the many activities undertaken by the Government of Canada and DND/CAF as part of Canada's broader commitment to engagement in the Americas. This annual operation directly supports the CAF's mission to defend against threats and security challenges to Canada, North America, and our defence and security partners.
    The Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) have conducted Operation CARIBBE since November 2006 and remain committed to working with Western Hemisphere and European partners to address security challenges in the region to disrupt illicit trafficking operations ...

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter